1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Fake Profiles/Harrassment

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by TC24, Feb 21, 2017.

Please help. There is a lady that is creating numerous fake profiles daily and sending to myself and several of my friends. She is obsessed with a certain Hollywood family and makes alot of the profiles with pictures of that person. However, she also continually tries to gain access to our FB pages. I woke up this morning to find that she again, attempted to gain access to my password 5 times within 30 minutes. I have text notification. She has already hacked into a person's account and taken it over by changing the email and password. FB will do NOTHING to help us stop her from this. It goes on several times daily. She has even threatened one of my friends. Is there any way to get this to stop? Can we contact her internet provider or find out who the provider is? Can someone please help me and my friends? It does not good to block her as she is making new profiles daily.

TC24, Feb 21, 2017 IP
  2. belablack

belablack Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Does this person have access to your personal devices or network? Does she know anything personal about you that would help her gain access to your accounts? If not, then you don't have anything to worry about but I would be sure to report the fake profiles to the corresponding social network. If you know her personally, you may want to consider taking out a court order to have her restrained.

belablack, Feb 21, 2017 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    So you actually know who this person is?
    Make a police complaint - they might not be able to do much but it might scare her off
    Keep a diary with screenshots as evidence
    See if can get some sort of mediation with someone uninvolved so that you can resolve the underlying issues
    Get a restraining order and use it

sarahk, Feb 21, 2017 IP