1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Some Quotes to Inspire Writers to Keep Writing

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Best Seller, Feb 20, 2017.

Sometimes, when I need a little extra help to get myself writing again, I will Google "motivational quotes for authors" for inspiration. Sometimes, I find the inspiration I seek. Other times, I just get a good swift kick in my butt from the sharp remarks of other authors ... some of which are quite humorous.

I’ve put together this compilation of inspirational, butt-kicking, and sometimes laughter-inducing quotes for writers and thought I'd share them with you here. There’s bound to be something below that gives you the motivation you need to get back to your copywriting on those days when you’d rather avoid it. Enjoy!

“If you don’t have time to read, you don’t have the time--or the tools--to write. Simple as that.”
    ~Stephen King

“If you wait for inspiration to write you're not a writer, you're a waiter.”
    ~Dan Poynter

“You can’t wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.”
    ~Jack London

“The first draft of everything is shit.”
    ~Ernest Hemingway

“Substitute ‘damn’ every time you’re inclined to write ‘very;’ your editor will delete it and the writing will be just as it should be.”
    ~Mark Twain

“Start telling the stories that only you can tell, because there’ll always be better writers than you and there’ll always be smarter writers than you. There will always be people who are much better at doing this or doing that--but you are the only you.”
    ~Neil Gaiman

“Don't talk about it; write.”
    ~Ray Bradbury

“If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write.”
    ~Martin Luther

“Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing.”
    ~Benjamin Franklin

MY PERSONAL FAVORITE BECAUSE IT'S SO TRUE:
    “Start writing, no matter what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on.”
    ~Louis L'Amour

“A professional writer is an amateur who didn’t quit.”
    ~Richard Bach

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    ~Mark Twain

How about you? Do you have any motivational quotes to share with me?

Best Seller, Feb 20, 2017 IP
    JoeSpirit likes this.
  2. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great post! I let out a little laugh on this quote: “If you wait for inspiration to write you're not a writer, you're a waiter.”
    ~Dan Poynter :D

As for me, this is my personal fave from Christopher Penn: "Find your spirit, and no challenge will keep you from achieving your goals."

Writing is a challenge. You have write about something that interests, helps and makes a lot of sense to people. But if you do it because it's your passion - your spirit - then it's worth it.

Anitasol, Feb 22, 2017 IP
    Best Seller likes this.
  3. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I especially like your personal favorite. I've heard similar statements from many of my mentors over the years, but that's the first I've heard the content from Louis L'Amour.

Here's one that I have hanging above my monitor. It refers to writing a book, but I like to replace the word book with the word content.

"Figure out who the book is for. Figure out how to get in touch with those readers. Figure out what to tell them about it so they know that they want it, and then make it easy for them to get it." Judith Appelbaum

And there's this one from Jim Rohn, "If you wish to find, you must search. Rarely does a good idea interrupt you."

JoeSpirit, Feb 22, 2017 IP
    Best Seller likes this.
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    This is not specifically about writing, but I think that it is appropriate for this thread:

A successful entrepreneur is someone with a vision...

Who is stubborn enough...

To stick around long enough...

To get lucky!

jrbiz, Feb 24, 2017 IP
    JoeSpirit and Best Seller like this.
  5. JoeSpirit

JoeSpirit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Persistence is indeed the key to success.

JoeSpirit, Feb 25, 2017 IP
    Best Seller likes this.