1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Monetize Your Website (Newbies)

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Klepon Pink, Dec 12, 2016.

Working with a website will never end. Having a website can be such a long process involving time and energy devotion as well as some amount of money. At the end, you will consider how to make your money back. Can you earn from the website? The answer is Yes, you can.

Here are some ways to monetize your websites

1. Accept a sponsored post

You can have a section on your website to feature posts from writers/ advertisers whose products are related to your niche. However, you still need to select the advertisers and edit the content to maintain the characters of your website.

2. Sell an E-book or course related to your niche

Share your knowledge through e-book/course. There are thousands of newbies that are eager to learn the field you are into. Make sure it is worth the price you offer. To make an e-book, you need to find an interesting topic, design a graphic, make sure the layout is neat and convert it to pdf. Buffer and Moz provide good examples.

3. Using CPC or CPM widget

There are many companies such as Google with its Google AdSense, Payclick, Taboola, Outbrain and Poptm that will help you to create a widget for a CPC or CPM ads.

My personal recommendation is Payclick as it is easy to use and local Support Manager is always ready to help via Skype.

4. Sell your space for ads

You might want to spare a bit of space on your website for a web banner. You can sell the space based on the size of the banner. Some big websites such as Destination of The World News, New York Times do it. Find the example on the New York Times, The Telegraph, Vanity Fair, and Vogue

Are you ready to have a lucrative website now?

Klepon Pink, Dec 12, 2016 IP
    bxuser likes this.
  2. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Great Post. Thanks for the tips to monetize a website or blog. For me sponsored posting and Banner ads works great.

iwebsocial, Dec 12, 2016 IP
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Without high traffic any monetization has no real value. Take Taboola, you can't have their widget unless it's a high traffic site. I'm wondering why AdSense doesn't want to implement the same idea to the ToU. As an example: If a site has less than 50k / mo it has no business displaying AdSense. Seems like a logical thing to do.

Except for "Sell an E-book or course related to your niche" I don't know how any of that is going to work since it's all about whether or not a site has good traffic.

qwikad.com, Dec 12, 2016 IP
    Mehdi.b and matt_62 like this.
  4. AtmaDvaar

AtmaDvaar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Klepon Pink.

Am new to blogging.

Your tips on monetization

Will help me immensely.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards

Ved

AtmaDvaar, Dec 12, 2016 IP
  5. shmol

shmol Peon

Best Answers:
    You can try sprinkling int text links, in your content, for a clickbank product or a banner for a clickbank product on your blog.

Also,

You can try doing product reviews and of course,

Using your affiliate link in the review.

shmol, Dec 12, 2016 IP
  6. bxuser

bxuser Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Right now I am testing between adsense and affiliate links. When I had a adsense ads up I did not get any clicks. I changed them to affiliate links and I got 2 clicks so far but no buys yet.

bxuser, Dec 13, 2016 IP
  7. Klepon Pink

Klepon Pink Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you all...Glad to know it can help you...
    This is my Payclick statistics (just to give you a hint). But I'm sure there are many options out there :)
    Statistics November.jpg

Klepon Pink, Dec 14, 2016 IP
  8. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    I agree wholeheartedly with this gentleman. Monetization is easy, what's hard is traffic generation. At the end of the day, all of the monetization methods listed above would mean squat if your website gets 10 visitors per day and 3 of that are search engine bots.

Chad Eztraffic, Dec 15, 2016 IP
  9. adz4life

adz4life Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    New bloggers need to build an email list, so make sure you have an attractive freebie to gain subscribers. Then you need to focus on providing value by producing good content regularly. Once you have built your brand then which takes time, you can then monetize your blog.

With the options mentioned above I would also recommend you monetize your block from ad-block users too. There is a new system being launched that is focused on helping publishers earn another revenue stream due to the lost revenue of ad-blockers. Nothing to lose, as over 200 million people plus use ad-blockers.

adz4life, Dec 21, 2016 IP
  10. CpmStars.com

CpmStars.com Peon

Best Answers:
    We agree. First step is to generate high volumes of traffic. Even if a publisher platform will accept a low volumes website the money to be made would be minimum. Good quality content, frequent updates and social media action, plus some paid advertising are the best proven ways to increase traffic.
    In the meantime affiliate marketing would maybe be the best optimization method for low-volume websites, especially niche websites.

What do you think?

Affiliate marketing information for those interested: http://cpmstars.com/blog/monetize-website-traffic-with-affiliate-marketing-dos-and-donts/

CpmStars.com, Jan 20, 2017 IP
  11. irfansyah

irfansyah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what the best ads for other adsense..

irfansyah, Jan 20, 2017 IP
  12. Resumexpert

Resumexpert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Offering consulting gigs and providing services can help you bring in decent sums of money while other forms of ‘passive’ revenue take a little time to build up. You can offer these services via email, forum and or even Skype.

Resumexpert, Jan 25, 2017 IP
  13. Best Seller

Best Seller Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can add another one on here. I include links to the opt-in pages I've created for four different email campaigns I've created. Two of those campaigns are linked to affiliate offers and two of them are linked to my own books that are being sold on various other e-commerce sites. Seems to work.

Best Seller, Feb 15, 2017 IP
  14. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. So alongside developing your website, you should also do ways to increase your website traffic in order to earn money from it.

Anitasol, Feb 15, 2017 IP
  15. robinymym

robinymym Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great post! really thankful to read such a blog

robinymym, Feb 18, 2017 IP
  16. onlinemarketingpuzzle

onlinemarketingpuzzle Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello

To get the maximum monetization you have to grow a list of subscribers (the most common is an email list).

In this way you can get more personal with the people who follow your blog and they will buy more from you
    if you recommend a product the is fit for your niche ;)

onlinemarketingpuzzle, Feb 19, 2017 IP
  17. Adsterra Network

Adsterra Network Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hello!
    In order to monetize your website I suggest to give Adsterra Network a try! We have a lot of effective ad formats, high CPM rates, responsive managers, exclusive offers from direct advertisers. I'll be glad to answer any of your questions here or you can send the request to our Publishers Department directly via .
    Have a good day!

Adsterra Network, Feb 20, 2017 IP
  18. interwent

interwent Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    5 Put banners from CPA offers
    6 Use auto-monetization networks(not same with CPM model, much more profit)

interwent, Feb 20, 2017 IP
  19. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    All good advise but this can only happen if you have high traffic (I mean really high traffic), without that this cannot work. I understand your point indeed and they are all great but remember to have a more holistic view of digital marketing specially within websites.

Mehdi.b, Feb 20, 2017 IP
  20. daronch

daronch Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can monetize with ad networks like Adsense, Media.net, Chitika etc. or through affiliate links to selected affiliate products.

Or you can build a list and monetize through email marketing as well.

daronch, Feb 21, 2017 IP