1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is it possible to create a site template without having deep knowledge of the HTML?

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by kate walls, Jan 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Is it possible to create a site template without having deep knowledge of the HTML? I didn't mean using free templates. In a layman's term - I am not very good at HTML but I want to create site template. What you guys would suggest in that case. I am participating in a contest within organization. Many thanks.

kate walls, Jan 30, 2017 IP
  2. EXTGURU

EXTGURU Peon

Best Answers:
    You can create a website by drag and drop methods at WIX, WEEBLY. You can also use Wordpress and blogger for creating websites. You only need to purchase specific domain name.
    Web-enthusiast
    Ext.Guru

EXTGURU, Jan 30, 2017 IP
  3. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    No it isn't, not one that will be fit for purpose.

What's any of that got to do with the question, OP is asking about creating a template not a website, learn to read before posting.

malky66, Jan 31, 2017 IP
    deathshadow and mmerlinn like this.
  4. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As @malky66 said, it is not possible to create a useful template without knowledge about constructing one, whether it be a website template or any other kind of template.

What I don't understand is what kind of an organization would host a contest that requires knowledge not known by the participants. Exactly what are the parameters for the contest? Maybe there would be something there where we could steer you to something that might work for you.

mmerlinn, Jan 31, 2017 IP
  5. EXTGURU

EXTGURU Peon

Best Answers:
    My apologise regarding question oabout template. At first I think if you can make website than u can unattach the template type, but in practise it doesn't work. All the best
    Sorry

EXTGURU, Jan 31, 2017 IP
  6. Doctor Tech

Doctor Tech Member

Best Answers:
    Some hosting providers provide you with Site Builders. They come with pre-loaded templates which you can edit to your liking. It doesn't require much coding experience.

I would recommend if you don't have the coding knowledge required to design a template, then don't do it. Simply purchase a custom-made template because it will be responsive and compatible with all browsers and devices, and it may have additional features like SEO-ready with meta tags, sliders, simple effects, etc.

It just gives your website a more professional look and catches the eye of your guests.

Doctor Tech, Feb 2, 2017 IP
  7. gummyworms

gummyworms Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am thinking of the old days when I used dreamweaver which was basically the top of the line website builder with minimum HTML knowledge needed.

Or download of the opensource free ones.

Now when you want to compete for the "design" part you might need some photoshop skills rather than HTML or coding

gummyworms, Feb 17, 2017 IP
  8. JohnsonAdam

JohnsonAdam Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can create Web for shopping, blog or product reviewing by Wordpress or Google blogger

In case you want to study create a web by using Html, css and Javascript, W3school is a good choice for you

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2017
    JohnsonAdam, Feb 17, 2017 IP
  9. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    LEARN to READ. She needs to design a TEMPLATE herself to ENTER IN A CONTEST. Buying a TEMPLATE would get her DISQUALIFIED. DUH!

You, too, NEED TO LEARN TO READ. She said TEMPLATE, NOT web, NOT webpage, NOT website. Your answers are USELESS, OFF-TOPIC, and should be reported as SPAM.

mmerlinn, Feb 25, 2017 IP
  10. Fascination

Fascination Member

Best Answers:
    I wonder when they just make a Dreamweaver for phones and tablets. That would be a little extreme for some users. There's websites you can look up just google PNG to HTML or PSD to HTML. Or even jpg to HTML.

Fascination, Mar 19, 2017 IP
  11. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I cannot tell if the op saw a contest for like $5 to make a template. The fact she mentions its "within an organisation" makes me think it might be for a company she works with.

@everyone else. Sometimes the word template is used for the initial site psd designs. Sometimes the word template is used for a website for someone, with just generic text so they can fill it out themselves

OP. When making a template / website, there is typically 2 parts to it.
    1. The initial design is done by an artist in something such as photoshop or gimp.
    2. The files then go to a coder that creates it into a useable website.
    If you were skilled, you could do the initial design, and simply hire someone gifted to do the html code for you.

Depending on the contest.... the design done in photoshop might be enough. This is how websites are typically born. The design is done, shown to clients, quickly changed, things moved, etc etc. The accepted initial design is often when payment is due, it is after the design is confirmed, that the html coding first begins.
    Ok, if i had a contest here to make a website template, and 20 people are entering. It would be normal for:
    - everyone to create sitedesigns.
    - no coding starts until the design is approved, and payed for.
    - 3-7 days delivery of all files.
    - its possible the people doing the coding is not the same as the designer.....

Op, I know my advice is late, but there are alot of ways to learn online. There is also courses on udemy. Learn to code html in notepad++. Do not use dreamweaver to start off with.

matt_62, Mar 19, 2017 IP
  12. Rob Schneider

Rob Schneider Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you like you can use Wordpress template and it will be as easy as that. But if you don't have much knowledge about HTML then i would recommend that you learn about HTML first, it is very simple and you can grasp it within a week or two.
    Coupons available.

Rob Schneider, Mar 19, 2017 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.