1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Alternative to GoDaddy

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by nks, Nov 26, 2016.

Hi friends of DP,

It has been a while since I came here. Hope this is the right place to post this thread.

I have been with GoDaddy for several years (for their domain registration service). Despite their good service, I realised that in recent years, the return is not great. For example, I used to be able to search for Discount coupons to be used for renewals, when I transferred from NameCheap to GD... in recent years, those so-called valid coupons are either deemed 'invalid' or 'expired'. This is truly disappointing, especially GD has earned several thousand of dollars from me since I used them.

I would like to ask the community here, if there are any recommendation, cheap and value for money for domain registration, to transfer TLDs over?

Thanks,
    Keith

nks, Nov 26, 2016 IP
  2. PuneetJvw

PuneetJvw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    It was a good marketing strategy to get customers.

I believe renewal rates are almost same everywhere among top domain sellers like name or godaddy or namecheap so shifting some place else will not be such a smart move; also since you can get discount on bulk renewals at godaddy.

PuneetJvw, Nov 28, 2016 IP
  3. treyarnon

treyarnon Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you don't have it already, I suggest you install this plugin for your browser of choice:
    https://www.joinhoney.com
    Honey scours the web looking for valid coupons and automatically applies the best so you get great discounts. Works with NC and GD but I am not sure whether Coupons are offered for renewals.

If you still have no luck, I would suggest you go to Namepros forums and post your question there as well.

Good luck.

treyarnon, Nov 29, 2016 IP
  4. Scandality

Scandality Member

Best Answers:
    There's also Uniregistry.com with probably the lowest standard rate of .com registration ($8.88), but honestly I still like the GoDaddy better.

Scandality, Nov 30, 2016 IP
  5. degreubiwa

degreubiwa Banned

Best Answers:
    I register my domains on Name.com, on Cyber monday namecheap was out of domain promotions quick within minutes before I could grab them and then checked out name.com and they were offering cool prices on fresh domain registrations.

degreubiwa, Nov 30, 2016 IP
  6. Manoj_Online

Manoj_Online Active Member

Best Answers:
    All domain registrars offer cheap rate for domain registration. But won't get any discount for renewals, otherwise you have to transfer the domain to any other provider. I searched for renewal coupons in last some weeks. But later found that won't get any of them. So I am still stick on Godaddy.

Manoj_Online, Dec 17, 2016 IP
  7. egb

egb Peon

Best Answers:
    NameSilo! Great features, support, UI, prices.

egb, Dec 24, 2016 IP
  8. ulterios

ulterios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The reason for this is because GoDaddy changed their coupon code usage policy soon after they became a public company in 2015. Now once you use a coupon code for a certain price/value you can no longer use one for the same price/value for the life of your account. There has been extremely rare times when this wasn't in affect but it is EXTREMELY rare. GoDaddy is still good but their renewal rates are much higher than most of the better registrars.

You can check domcomp for the registration and renewal rates at most of the top registrars if you are going by price. You might also want to consider customer support and service as well.

My two top choices for this are Namecheap and Namesilo. I have a lot of domains at both. Namecheap is a little more than Namesilo but their support is the best.

It's all going to come down to what you want, need and value the most. ;)

ulterios, Dec 24, 2016 IP
  9. yepmedia

yepmedia Peon

Best Answers:
    go name.com

yepmedia, Dec 24, 2016 IP
  10. atsad

atsad Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Moving frequently is not a good idea as shifting things become extra headache if you own several sites.
    Also promotional discount are usually
    available once, the renewal prices are almost same & fixed on all service providers.
    So, be careful & think twice or thrice before taking such great step.

atsad, Dec 27, 2016 IP
  11. WallaceYeung

WallaceYeung Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    In my opinion, this is not just a concern at the price. The more important factor is the company reputation and scale. I won't be sleepless while I park a few hundreds domains there.

WallaceYeung, Dec 30, 2016 IP
  12. easywpvps

easywpvps Active Member

Best Answers:
    My favorite goes to Namesilo for domain transfer and renewal. I especially like the domain renewal rate below $10. Save my time sourcing promo code. Cheers!

easywpvps, Jan 2, 2017 IP
  13. DynaDotRep

DynaDotRep Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with WallaceYeung. Price certainly is a factor, but not the only thing to consider. I would strongly suggest to do a little research on the company before. Check out their website, user panel, their support, prices, etc. All of these things should be considered when making your decision.

Good luck :)

DynaDotRep, Feb 1, 2017 IP
  14. highphiverr

highphiverr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Go with namesilo: great customer service, extremely reasonable price, and free whois privacy

highphiverr, Feb 9, 2017 IP
  15. silektis

silektis Peon

Best Answers:
    You are so right! I just moved there from godaddy after a huge research. Watch my initial post here.

https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/namesilo-com-domain-transfer-with-whois-privacy-forever-exp-02-28-2017.2796302/

silektis, Feb 13, 2017 IP
  16. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I also like Uniregistry as an alternative to GoDaddy. They have a user friendly platform and cheap pricing range.

dumindushalika, Feb 15, 2017 IP