1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What Do You Think Is The Best Internet Business To Start In 2017

Discussion in 'General Business' started by jlogan, Jan 2, 2017.

I know that there are a lot of people with a New Years Resolution to finally start that new business this year.

I was wondering what kind of business are you thinking of starting or what do you think would be best based on your past experience?

There are so many options based on interest, finances, and logistics.

Blogging

Affiliate Marketing
    Blogging
    Freelancing(Ex. Selling SEO Services)
    Internet Marketing
    Vlogging
    Podcasting
    Kindle Authoring
    eCommerce
    Membership sites
    Solo Ads

What have you decided on or thinking about for the New Year

jlogan, Jan 2, 2017 IP
  2. unlimitedoptions4us

unlimitedoptions4us Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi:

I will add 1-2 blogging sites and increase my internet marketing efforts in 2017.

What business plans do you have in 2017 and beyond?

Good Luck,

Dan

unlimitedoptions4us, Jan 6, 2017 IP
  3. G2Xmedia

G2Xmedia Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally don't see podcasting as a standalone business (for me, I know others are making it work) but I would be interested in testing the podcasting waters this year, and using that to help drive traffic to other projects.

G2Xmedia, Jan 6, 2017 IP
  4. gracekkk

gracekkk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    eCommerce, Affiliate Marketing

gracekkk, Feb 6, 2017 IP
  5. eMonetize

eMonetize Member

Best Answers:
    I've been monetizing 3rd party data (email) using PPL (pay per lead) offers for over 18 years.

When I first started I had to build out the offers myself and then sell the leads directly to end buyers. Once CPA networks started popping up, it was easier to just get the offers from them. Which is mainly what I have been doing for the last 16+ years.

I don't see myself ever not monetizing data. However, Facebook advertising is next on my list. The targeting / retargeting abilities are just too hard to pass up. Of course, the trick is learning what really works and will ROI.

eMonetize, Feb 6, 2017 IP
  6. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Affliate marketing its the way to go for me

Spartan14, Feb 7, 2017 IP
  7. robinymym

robinymym Active Member

Best Answers:
    Affiliate Marketing should be the first choice. Then you can choose any one or two of them just as your backup income

robinymym, Feb 7, 2017 IP
  8. xInd

xInd Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Something that's never been done before, would be the best, IMO. Either that, or something that really matters to you personally, something you will enjoy and care about.

xInd, Feb 7, 2017 IP
  9. Jacques Wijtman

Jacques Wijtman Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi my name is Jacques Wijtman Im a young hard working entrepreneur devoted to the success of my business, sometimes it feels like I minister just give up and go get a day job, my question is what do my fellow entrepreneurs do to stay Positive. Jacques Wijtman.

Jacques Wijtman, Feb 9, 2017 IP
  10. Robat Soon

Robat Soon Member

Best Answers:
    Any marketing not bad, but needs traffic making methods..........

Robat Soon, Feb 10, 2017 IP
  11. Y00

Y00 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Software as a Service.
    Subscriptions.
    Advertising broker.
    Website/domain name broker.

Y00, Feb 11, 2017 IP
  12. Chris-

Chris- Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The only real answer is "it depends".

I'll give you a couple of examples . . . there are some excellent business methods involving selling online services to offline clients. This type of business can rapidly expand to large incomes, and can be a great business. BUT if you are shy and not a good persuader, then many of these types of businesses will NOT work for you at all, because they typically involve salesman skills, either face-to-face selling or online, and some personalities just won't succeed with that.

Another example . . . there are lots of great online business concepts that involve paid traffic (such as buying AdWords ads, PPV, PPL or whatever). They can work well, be easy to upscale, and have many advantages. BUT, if you have only a small budget to invest at this time, you are likely to just waste money and get no usable results. Few methods go into the details of the concepts of testing (maybe because they want to make it sound easy) . . . for example, if you want to make profits with CPA loan offers that pay $250 per sign-up, then you must spend around $1000 to find out if a particular campaign is profitable or not (because random numbers in the real world are much more clustered than people imagine), then you change one word in the sales-copy (doing so can sometimes double, or halve, your conversions), and that's another $1000. So if your total budget is $100, you have very little chance of success with this, if you are buying traffic.

So the real answer to your question "what is the best business to start", is that it depends a lot on yourself, your skills, abilities, experience, personality, and your resources including how much money you have to invest.

Not understanding this, is why so many internet marketing newbies fail (some sources estimate a 98% failure rate) . . . they buy a bunch of courses, without considering that most of them are very unrealistic for their situation, fail a few times then quit. There are other factors of course, but this is one of the major concepts that causes all the information-overload and frustration and disillusionment with internet-marketing for so many newbies.

So take my advice, if you want to maximize your chances of success . . . start with yourself, and be honest about the points I mention above, then you can ignore the majority of business concepts, because they won't be a good match for YOU :)

Chris-

Chris-, Feb 11, 2017 IP
    Mehdi.b and Arick unirow like this.
  13. REIGN FOREVER

REIGN FOREVER Peon

Best Answers:
    I would definitely agree with Affiliate Marketing, BUT I would say Affiliate Marketing done the right way! There are certain attack plans and strategies that can be very beneficial to your arsenal of internet marketing, but that can't happen when your being told by outside entities to focus on something that doesn't get you responses. I also heard that blogging is a very great strategy as well…I haven't used it myself but do plan to in the near future as my success grows in this field. #REIGNFOREVER

REIGN FOREVER, Feb 11, 2017 IP
  14. Anna Richart

Anna Richart Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Blogging would be my first choice, as it is one of the means several people all over the world are making money from the internet. Generally, blogging is about creating useful and educative content for a targeted audience on the internet. If you think that you have good knowledge on a particular subject, you can make money by sharing your knowledge to a wide range of audience via your blog. If you blog attracts huge traffic, you can attract adverts from the top corporate organization. You can also earn money from your blog via AdSense, by offering subscription services to members and also selling your products via your blog.

Anna Richart, Feb 13, 2017 IP
  15. DasCoin

DasCoin Peon

Best Answers:
    I would go with dropshipping website for a start. Monetize any advantage that you could have - certain hobby, knowledge of any language etc. You can even combine dropshipping with affiliate (aliexpress). Although it is very possible that your first website will not make you a lot of money I see it as great and low cost introduction to online entrepreneurship.

DasCoin, Feb 20, 2017 IP
  16. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am also doing Blogging along with affiliate marketing. The formula of Blogging + Affiliate Marketing + SEO = $$$$ works great for me. You can also use these three methods to increase your conversions online.

iwebsocial, Feb 20, 2017 IP
  17. Pamela Turns

Pamela Turns Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think affiliate marketing is the latest trend in internet marketing today.

Pamela Turns, Feb 20, 2017 IP
  18. wealthwithrob

wealthwithrob Member

Best Answers:
    There are a number of ways to go about this. I don't think the question is what is the best way but what is your go to market strategy. Whether paid traffic or free. I personally like the free method but to answer your question directly I think the best way is to have a funnel in place where your front end offer is a low ticket item. Having them go through the funnel with a high ticket offer on the back end. It seems to be the most profitable model to date. And always stands the test of time. Instead of trying to build an empire using only lower ticketed items go for the big one.

wealthwithrob, Feb 21, 2017 IP
  19. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    Affiliate Marketing has always been the best business to start online. So I believe it's still the best online business to start this 2017.

Anitasol, Feb 22, 2017 IP
  20. DasCoin

DasCoin Peon

Best Answers:
    Affiliate by itself is not enough. It's much more lucrative combining it with dropshipping or blogging (adsense).

DasCoin, Feb 22, 2017 IP