1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Super Bowl 2017

Discussion in 'Sports' started by qwikad.com, Feb 5, 2017.

?

Who do you think is going to win the Super Bowl?

1. Patriots

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Falcons

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    Not a big fan of either team, but I am planning to watch the game, nonetheless. So, who do you think is going to win the Super Bowl today? Any score predictions?

qwikad.com, Feb 5, 2017 IP
    wisdomtool likes this.
  2. SpacePhoenix

SpacePhoenix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Which team is considered to be the underdogs?

SpacePhoenix, Feb 5, 2017 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  3. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    @jrbiz New England and Massachusetts are like twin sisters, so I assume you're rooting for Patriots... No?

jrbiz likes this.
  4. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    I am not exactly sure. I'd say Falcons, but it's only because of the Patriots' winning streak. Falcons have come a long way. Their offense is amazing. They have one of the best quarterbacks. BUT... The Patriots defense will be their biggest problem. And Tom Brady will fight it tooth and nail, since it's THE most important game of his life.

5. Guitar Prince

Guitar Prince Member

Best Answers:
    I only wait for it to watch great movie trailers :D

Guitar Prince, Feb 5, 2017 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yes. Massachusetts is part of New England, as is my home state of Rhode Island. New England is made up of the six Northeastern states. Anyway, I actually live 15-20 minutes away from Gillette Stadium in Massachusetts, so my main goal on game days is to avoid that area as much as possible (traffic is crazy.) But, yes, I am rooting for the Tom Brady and the Patriots and hope that they win and that jerk, Goodell, has to hand the trophy to Robert Kraft and the MVP award to Brady. Revenge Tour II. :)

I do not watch sports much, but did try to catch most of their games this year because I believed (correctly, to date) that Brady would be on a tear to show that the unprecedented suspension did not hurt him or the team.

jrbiz, Feb 5, 2017 IP
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The last line I saw was Patriots +3. The over/under is 51 or 52, by the way.

jrbiz, Feb 5, 2017 IP
  8. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    And the commercials are promising to be great, too.

9. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    Also, that whole deflategate thing has been nothing but a political malice since both Brady and Belichick are huge Trump supporters. Two years later they are still talking about it, like it happened yesterday. For that reason alone I want Patriots to win.

jrbiz likes this.
  10. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Their known support of Trump certainly does not help, but the Patriots have been disliked by a lot of football fans for quite some time. Some if it is simply because they beat other teams a lot. But some of it started with the video taping scandal of several years ago when some fans began calling the coach "Belli-Cheat." I was not following sports much at all back then, but my take on that was that very likely most teams in the league were doing the very same thing, but that the Pats got caught at it. Likewise with Deflategate, a lot of fans of other teams around the country believe that this is just more of the same from the cheating Patriots, though I bet there were a lot of inflation issues around the league. These are all professional teams and coaches and they are all willing to adapt to changing technology and try to get an edge on the game. Here in Patriot Nation it is all outrage about being unjustly targeted, unfairly treated, and mostly just envied by jealous fans of other teams. Roger Goodell is the Anti-Christ, of course. :)

jrbiz, Feb 5, 2017 IP
  11. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    As a marketing guy, I enjoy the commercials as much as the game. I am amazed beyond belief at the cost of these commercials. I personally would not want to be the guy who put together the commercial for a major brand during the Super Bowl. You are rolling dice with probably $10MM for a minute in front of the largest TV audience in the world. Real easy to blow this one (and your career) if the commercial is not received well. Of course, one or two of them will hit it out of the park and advance their creators' careers. Fun to watch.

jrbiz, Feb 5, 2017 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  12. qwikad.com

Best Answers:
    What a game! Overcame a 25-point deficiency!

Patriots 34 - 28 Falcons

jrbiz likes this.
  13. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I have to say that this was the most exciting Super Bowl game that I have ever seen. Not just because my team won, either. And, let me add, that I was a young child who watched the first Super Bowl and have pretty much seen them all since. Unbelievable, record-breaking game that was as exciting as I have seen.

jrbiz, Feb 6, 2017 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.
  14. rf-harris

rf-harris Active Member

Best Answers:
    WOW, it was one of the best Super Bowls of all time. Going into the OT for the first time in history and the Patriots comeback was amazing. Brady proves yet again that he is the MAN. GOAT

rf-harris, Feb 14, 2017 IP