1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HTML structure for SEO

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Gigante, Feb 3, 2017.

Hello,

What should i be paying attention when structuring html so that it is "friendly" to Google's eyes?

Best regards!

Gigante, Feb 3, 2017 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Semantics. Make sure you follow the standards, and avoid using overly-active frameworks like Bootstrap and similar (it usually adds 2-3 times as much code to the HTML as is needed). Make sure you structure the content properly, so that you have one single H1, followed by H2 and then H3 for headings, use proper containers, p-tags and so on. Lists for menus and actual lists, tables for actual tabular content, and so on. Make sure that images that shouldn't be put in the HTML code is put as background-images and so on and so forth. Here's a good resource, with easy-to-understand information about HTML, CSS and javascript. http://htmldog.com/guides/html/beginner/

PoPSiCLe, Feb 3, 2017 IP
  3. Gigante

Gigante Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the answer!
    Too bad that i am using bootstrap...I'll have to make my webste responsive by my own right?

Gigante, Feb 3, 2017 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well, no, not if you're actually using Bootstrap. Sort of the point with Bootstrap is that it's supposed to help ease the making of responsive websites - the problem with Bootstrap is that the way they do just that pisses on most of semantic HTML and smart use of both HTML and CSS, which again makes the pages of the site bloated, since Bootstrap adds quite a lot of classes to the HTML to work correctly, and the CSS is a bit of a botch-job. But it's perfectly possible and not too difficult to make a responsive webpage using Bootstrap, it's sort of what it's meant to do.

PoPSiCLe, Feb 3, 2017 IP
  5. Andy Flintoff

Andy Flintoff Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lots for providing a crucial tips.

Andy Flintoff, Feb 11, 2017 IP
  6. alexmv

alexmv Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't forget also for <head> and <title> tags, <meta> tags, rel=”canonical”. Also, I highly recommend using Microdata (Schema.org) in your HTML. It is the most powerful instrument to help search engines to understand your content.

Ask for help if this looks too complicated or better hire someone to do it for you.

Alex

alexmv, Feb 13, 2017 IP
  7. Jon vaughn

Jon vaughn Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    HTML is the underlying code used to design the web pages. Search engines may pick up ranking signals from precise HTML elements. Here are some of the vital HTML elements for SEO success.

• HTML Title Tag
    • Hd: The Meta description Tag
    • Hs: Structured Data
    • Hh: Header Tags

Jon vaughn, Feb 22, 2017 IP