1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to find low quality backlinks?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by GameO.Over, Feb 2, 2017.

I'm wondering how an SEO company works out which backlinks are not holding much weight, are of poor quality or outright having a negative impact on a website.

I used to run quite a successful forum in the early naughties that accumulated a lot of links to websites as members would post links to sites etc..

The with the Facebook revolution the forum slowly died, it was being neglected, etc.. suddenly I started receiving lots of requests from SEO companies from websites they were managing on behalf of clients, to remove said banklinks.

How are the SEO companies coming to the conclusion that a backlink is poor?

Thanks

GameO.Over, Feb 2, 2017 IP
  2. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I've been gone for a long time but didnt DP used to have a bunch of free tools that could do stuff like this. Maybe they got rid of them.

Lex350, Feb 3, 2017 IP
  3. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can use tools like MOZ, Buzzsumo, Semrush to analyze your backlinks. These tools will definitely help you to find good as well as poor backlinks.

iwebsocial, Feb 3, 2017 IP
  4. HideMyIP

HideMyIP Peon

Best Answers:
    Which links DA & PA are so poor that all of the links are low quality.

HideMyIP, Feb 3, 2017 IP
  5. highphiverr

highphiverr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can just hire out someone on a fiverr gig that promises thousands of backlinks, they're usually low quality when in such high numbers.

highphiverr, Feb 4, 2017 IP
  6. LinkGenie

LinkGenie Active Member

Best Answers:
    They will use softwares to identify poor backlinks. Also you can check that manually as well.
    -Check whether site has too many outgoing links
    -Check whether outgoing links are unrelated
    -Check the page authority of the webpage.
    -Check whether site is a hacked site

LinkGenie, Feb 5, 2017 IP
  7. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    If you were posting links to many websites they may have considered it to be a link farm. If the forum was being neglected, that would have given them even more of a reason to have the links removed.

Here you go https://tools.digitalpoint.com/

dcristo, Feb 6, 2017 IP
  8. salena123

salena123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    1. Identify as many linking root domains as possible using various backlinks data sources.
    2. Check the ToolBar PageRank (TBPR) for all linking root domains and pay attention on the TBPR distribution
    3. Work out the percentage of linking root domains that has been deindexed
    4. Check social metrics distribution (optional)
    5. Repeat steps 2,3 and 4 periodically (e.g. weekly, monthly) and check for the following:
    • A spike towards the low end of the TBPR distribution
    • Increasing number of deindexed linking root domains on a weekly/monthly basis
    • Unchanged numbers of social metrics, remaining in very low levels.

salena123, Feb 6, 2017 IP
  9. terry-j

terry-j Peon

Best Answers:
    Forum linking was an easy win for building backlinks back in the day, but like other easy wins in SEO, people found a way to automate and abuse the system.

Now a lot of people make money simply by going out there and trying to identify what constitutes a bad link, but a lot of it is maligned. Consider this: Do you think Amazon or Ebay go around asking people to remove links from forums? Of course they don't. A natural link profile will be diverse, and will contain links from so many sites, including forums.

At the end of the day, those links were created by users, not yourself. If I were you I'd be asking for some sort of remuneration for your time to remove them.

terry-j, Feb 6, 2017 IP
  10. Prof.stan

Prof.stan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good links would be able to generate some good traffic towards your site and bad links could be generated very easily

Prof.stan, Feb 6, 2017 IP
  11. david01

david01 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    sem rush you can use or aherf or google console all are best tools to get low quality back links list

Thanks

david01, Feb 6, 2017 IP
  12. ladymacbeth9

ladymacbeth9 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    to be honest, don't we know just by looking they are poor quality backlinks? take a peek at the site where the link is housed. it doesn't take a genius to see it and most of the time if its ugly, LOL .. Google tells you.. If its covered in junk links or it has low trust or a thousand outbounds, we know its a junk site.. As someone else noted, in the old days it was easy to build them and most of the counted.. Today our company uses an a test--and an acronym--we sort of claim as our own though I'm sure that many of you are using the same methodology and just didn't name it.. ". Linkbuilding is an ART." we dont' build any link for any reason unless it has Authority, Relevance and Transfer. that way you steer clear of bad links and big penalties.

ladymacbeth9, Feb 6, 2017 IP
  13. mandi007va

mandi007va Member

Best Answers:
    if a low quality link is found do we have to remove it or that is not a problem

mandi007va, Feb 7, 2017 IP
  14. mandi007va

mandi007va Member

Best Answers:
    i found more links that comes form domain with
    Domain Authority: 0
    Page Authority: 0
    PR Quality: weak

and after that i disavow that using google disavow tool than my website ranking went down.... am i doing the correct steps please guide me

mandi007va, Feb 7, 2017 IP
  15. sayamrahman

sayamrahman Member

Best Answers:
    The links that has low 1)trust flow 2) citation flow 3) DA 4) PA . 1)profile backlinks site 2) bookmarking site

sayamrahman, Feb 8, 2017 IP
  16. David Jones42

David Jones42 Member

Best Answers:
    generally many metrics need to check for measure any backlink weight or quality. like pa, da, alexa rank, cf , tf.

David Jones42, Feb 8, 2017 IP