1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Need help with PHP/Cake Website

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Boris_Badenoff, Jan 31, 2017.

I have a website lifesciencesworld.com that I installed to a new host ipage. The admin portion works fine and I can access all database entries. However the website app is not working right. It displays the layout fine, but can't seem to retrieve data from the same database that the admin tool is accessing. I am confident the database itself is fine. The one file I see to connect to the database seems also fine. You can just enter lifesciencesworld.com to see for yourself. I am open to suggestions or if you need to dive on please give me an hourly rate and how long you think you'll need. Thanks!

Boris_Badenoff, Jan 31, 2017 IP
  2. competent123

competent123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 2
    As Buyer:
    0.0% - 0
    i was on the same host
    they are a bit a different than other hosts in the sense that they dont' use local server as database host, instead they have a separate database server which is firewall protected only the ip's of EIG network are allowed in that.

So, please check if you are trying to access database remotely, because that wont' happen.
    there can be some other issues as well, but this is the one which i can think of right now.

competent123, Feb 1, 2017 IP
  3. Boris_Badenoff

Boris_Badenoff Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    66.7% - 2
    I can't figure it out, and my php knowledge is limited. If anyone wants to take this on please send me a PM. Thanks

Boris_Badenoff, Feb 1, 2017 IP
  4. EdByrnee

EdByrnee Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Can you capture any debug from the server?

EdByrnee, Feb 1, 2017 IP
  5. Boris_Badenoff

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    66.7% - 2
    Actually Ed, on further investigating it seems the app is connecting but failing to retrieve data, so it is handled by the programs without crashing. For some reason after the app connects to the database it can't find the data it is trying to retrieve. Maybe it's a different version of MySQL or something. Because all the records seem to be loaded properly.

Boris_Badenoff, Feb 1, 2017 IP
  6. EdByrnee

EdByrnee Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Are there no error messages printing to the console of the app? I could try having a look at what's wrong if you let me ssh to your server

EdByrnee, Feb 2, 2017 IP
  7. Boris_Badenoff

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    66.7% - 2
    Finally some progress. I think I need a php programmer for some light changes. I found the cgierror log. It says:
    20170130T205413: lifesciencesworld.com/public_html/app/webroot/index.php
    PHP Strict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class Object in /hermes/bosnaweb10a/b2064/ipg.lifesciencesworldcom/public_html/cake/libs/object.php on line 75
    PHP Strict Standards: Non-static method Configure::getInstance() should not be called statically in /hermes/bosnaweb10a/b2064/ipg.lifesciencesworldcom/public_html/cake/bootstrap.php on line 49

Boris_Badenoff, Feb 2, 2017 IP
  8. Javed iqbal

Javed iqbal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    hire a programmer

Javed iqbal, Feb 4, 2017 IP