1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I need your advice on my next move. Marketing wise.

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by FarrisFahad, Jan 17, 2017.

I have been working on my website for the past 2 years, since 2015 January. And I haven't had a lot of success marketing wise. For marketing, the only thing I did was SEO. I spent a lot of money on SEO. I hired a lot of people over the course of the past 2 years. But I did not have any success or luck regarding this matter.

I have been reading a lot of SEO articles too. I learned a lot but it's just too late to save the website now, or is it, I don't know.

Currently I am on a cross road. I have the option to continue working on SEO and have a bit of faith on the website. Or I could utilize my money in another way, social media advertising, specifically Facebook.

At the moment it cost me $500.00 USD per month for SEO. But now, after not having good results with SEO, I am thinking of getting more fans for my Facebook page. I want to continuously get more fans on a monthly basis. But I haven't done that before, it's kinda new to me.

Now I got only ~3500 fans on my page. I am thinking of getting ~2000 every month for the next year. I want to reach more than 20,000 fans. But I don't know if it is worth the money. That's $500.00 every month.

What do you guys think? Should I continue doing SEO? Or should I start a social media campaign?

Farris

FarrisFahad, Jan 17, 2017 IP
  2. Travellershangout

Travellershangout Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Farris, I'm not an expert on SEO, but $500 a month sounds very expensive. I don't pay anything for SEO. I don't know what your website is about. But it might be better just adding more content to your site, contacting people on social media and running a few ads.

Travellershangout, Jan 17, 2017 IP
    Best Seller and Mehdi.b like this.
  3. CrankIt

CrankIt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What type of website is it -- industry/business?

CrankIt, Jan 19, 2017 IP
  4. FarrisFahad

FarrisFahad Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Funny pictures website. So entertainment

FarrisFahad, Jan 19, 2017 IP
  5. CrankIt

CrankIt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would be curious to see what all comes with the "seo package" you are paying for. In regards to your question if you should venture into social media ----- the answer is YES! Social media marketing (used correctly) will not only drive more traffic to your site, but will help your site perform better organically in Search Engine Results.

Question --- When you say you're paying for SEO -- what exactly do you mean? Someone entering keywords on your site? Google AdWords? Content Curation?

CrankIt, Jan 20, 2017 IP
  6. FarrisFahad

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I hired someone to build links. That's it. And thank you for your advice. But how can use social media correctly? I am interested in using Facebook and Pinterest.

FarrisFahad, Jan 21, 2017 IP
  7. Henryjorge

Henryjorge Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would definitely do facebook if its a funny picture site, twitter too. people love funny pictures on social media sites.

Henryjorge, Jan 21, 2017 IP
  8. Kristina Roy

Kristina Roy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Farris Fahad,
    In marketing 3 words are important. "What", "Why" and "When". I had a wallpaper blog. This blog had much traffic but earning was less from google adsense. I can assist you regarding making money from this website/blog if you need.
    For marketing tips I want to refer Neil Patel: http://neilpatel.com/

Kristina Roy, Jan 23, 2017 IP
  9. FarrisFahad

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I know Neil Patel. He is good. But what do you mean by What, Why, and When? Does it have to do anything with SEO or SMM?

FarrisFahad, Jan 23, 2017 IP
  10. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    500$/month for what purpose? I hope you mean link building and off site optimization rather than onsite. That sounds quite expensive to me too. You ca redirect a bit of that money to advertising, if it is entertainment website it is essential to have good social media presence, especially if it is picture driven, target FB and IN. It might pan out but depends on what you want to get out of it. Sometimes you need to put in hours and hours and days and weeks and ... also have a clear idea of what monetizint techniques you wanna use. Test and try different tools and see which one works. Good luck

Mehdi.b, Jan 23, 2017 IP
  11. Stan Sher

Stan Sher Peon

Best Answers:
    From everything that I am learning more recently SEO is not that important anymore. The more social involvement you do and the more content you post the more you will be found. Take a look at fiverr.com and see what services you can find for way less to get the job done. I had my websites cleaned up for $6. A service that would cost $100s if I signed up for a company.

Stan Sher, Jan 25, 2017 IP
    Best Seller likes this.
  12. unlimitedoptions4us

unlimitedoptions4us Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Farris: $500/month is a substantial budget.
    You can create a few YOUTUBE videos for free and link them back to your site. But that leaves you with SEO again. It's free SEO if you target the correct key words. That's the beginning of a free traffic strategy.
    You can also run FaceBook ads. You either need to know what you are doing or hire someone or you will waste money.
    Even if all you did was run FB ads you will probably get more traffic than just SEO on google.

Good luck,

Dan

unlimitedoptions4us, Jan 25, 2017 IP
  13. Resumexpert

Resumexpert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Social Media Marketing is the key. But you have to invest on social campaigns such as facebook. Also youtube with animations is a very good choise

Resumexpert, Jan 25, 2017 IP
    Best Seller likes this.
  14. Stan Sher

Stan Sher Peon

Best Answers:
    Creating the right ads on facebook and investing in that spend is far greater than any SEO spend these days. Instagram is another one. Use the right hashtags and there is a software that you can utilize to get your pictures seen and liked more often.

Stan Sher, Jan 25, 2017 IP
  15. FarrisFahad

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thank you guys for your advice. I have read all of the replies. I am considering Facebook. But I don't know how to get a low cost per like. Do you have any ideas?

FarrisFahad, Jan 25, 2017 IP
  16. daronch

daronch Active Member

Best Answers:
    Try these free tutorials:

I tried doing similar stuff years ago and managed to bring down my Facebook ads' cost to quite low.

daronch, Feb 24, 2017 IP
  17. FarrisFahad

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:

FarrisFahad, Feb 24, 2017 IP
  18. Best Seller

Best Seller Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just test it. Set a low budget for your ad, and use their variation tool to test a couple versions of it over a period of a couple of weeks so you can really drill down to see which one works best. It's trial and error, because it will be a different result for every ad and every industry. When I do Facebook PPC, I always let them recommend the rate. It always ends up being a lot lower than the original bid over time.

Not sure if that helps too much, but I hope it helps a little. Good luck with your business.

Best Seller, Mar 14, 2017 IP
  19. Elvis Wong

Elvis Wong Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seriously, you REALLY SHOULD use that budget on social medias regarding the kind of site you have.
    The goal is to get viral, then it's a piece of cake.

By views/likes/shares etc... on various social medias. Forget about SEOs! At least for this project!

Elvis Wong, Mar 27, 2017 IP
  20. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    SEO is pretty much dead, so don't waste too much time on that. Just do what is recommended SEO-wise (see here) and move on. Social media traffic (even the paid one) is not hugely targeted. It may work for some things, but for the most part it can be a TOTAL waste of money. Why not use that budget on AdWords? If done right you can get more conversions with less money spent.

qwikad.com, Mar 27, 2017 IP