1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need to copy wordpress theme from site!

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by sasacar, Feb 28, 2010.

I found site that has an amazing theme. I want that theme for my site, because it just fits my needs!
    I would edit it a bit, and then my site will be superb!
    I can't find this theme available for download.

If this is possible, tell me how (but don't tell me to try to contact the owner as he is not responding, i didn't even mentioned what i want)

sasacar, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  2. Sweely

Sweely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try pressing CTRL + U in firefox, and in the top of the source code you should see something like ".../wp-content/themes/bluestar" - the name "bluestar" is the name of the theme he's using.

Sweely, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  3. sasacar

sasacar Peon

Best Answers:
    ok, but is it possible to copy complete site with directories, along with PHP files and everything

sasacar, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  4. Fervid

Fervid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, it's not possible. PHP is executed server side. It's wrong to steal a theme. It could be a completely custom them that he either did himself or paid someone to do. If you want it and he won't give it to you then you should hire a designer to make a similar theme for you.

Fervid, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  5. papa2ae

papa2ae Active Member

Best Answers:
    No, you cant copy the complete site with directories and php files all together.

You can use Sweely's method though - that is as close as you can get to finding your required theme.

Again - you wanted that theme ... not the guy's whole website :)

regards,
    Ryan

papa2ae, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  6. t2000q

t2000q Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    often the designer has a link in the footer, use that or contact the site owner and ask them where they got it - then go to the theme owner and purchase a lisenced copy of the theme witch you can customize after :)

t2000q, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  7. waxingpoetic

waxingpoetic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, you're going to have to go about this one in a legitimate way. Think about it, you wouldn't want to someone to swipe your custom theme that you paid for. In turn, you shouldn't do that to someone else. If you can't contact the owner or designer, try hiring a designer to create a similar them for you.

waxingpoetic, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  8. arivin90

arivin90 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's impossible to perfect copy, and many file not perfect to copy. Look at on footer usually any link to theme makers.
    thanks!!

arivin90, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  9. MJAP

MJAP Member

Best Answers:
    send me the link let me see what you're working with

MJAP, Mar 1, 2010 IP
  10. Wonderbaum

Wonderbaum Member

Best Answers:
    I have the same situation where I have found a custom theme that I really like. Now, I do not want to steal it (even if it were possible) but someone suggested that hiring a designer to "plagiarize" it. Where would one find a decent designer at a fair (low) price?

Wonderbaum, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  11. waxingpoetic

Best Answers:

waxingpoetic, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  12. Wonderbaum

Wonderbaum Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry waxingpoetic, I'm kinda new here (or at least haven't been here for a few years). I'll head over to the Design section.

Thanks!

Wonderbaum, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  13. waxingpoetic

Best Answers:
    Hey Wonderbaum...it's no problem. I'm sorry if I sounded like a smart a$$. There are LOTS of resources for EVERYTHING internet here at DP. Just look around.

waxingpoetic, Mar 12, 2010 IP
  14. Vikram Singh Rana

Vikram Singh Rana Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can copy it for sure. If you are using google chrome its your left hand job.
    Just go to inspect element by right clicking and selecting the last option.
    You will find all the different files there like css, html,server side scripts etc and pics too.
    :cool:

Vikram Singh Rana, Dec 20, 2011 IP
  15. Tim Mathews

Tim Mathews Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I know this is an old thread, but it came up high in the Google serps... Vikram Singh Rana, would you quote to copy a theme? I would love to have a theme copied, http://www.laser-pegs.pl is a gorgeous site and I would love to have a copy of that theme. The site is in Polish, but Google Chrome does a great job translating it. I would love to have it in English, then I will later use WPML plugin to have it translate to all languages... I have tried to contact and purchase, but they are not responsive. I am open to any and all quotes to copy the site and will pay.

Tim Mathews, Jan 25, 2017 IP
  16. Vikram Singh Rana

Best Answers:
    Hi Tim, I am glad that you found my post way back from 2011. I wrote that almost 5 years back. I would be happy to help. And yes technology has went a long way since then. It would be easy for me to copy a website for you lest it is not database driven application.

I have started downloading the files from their server. Will let you know in a couple of minutes. Please inbox me your offer for this gig.

Vikram Singh Rana, Jan 25, 2017 IP
  17. Tim Mathews

Tim Mathews Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It appears to be a wordpress website, so obviously it's database driven. Is there any tech out to duplicate a wordpress site without having access to the database, admin, or FTP? IS it possible over HTTP?

18. Tim Mathews

Tim Mathews Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    And, Hello, Vikram. It is a pleasure to speak with you. I am glad I found the post as well! :)

19. Vikram Singh Rana

Best Answers:
    I have downloaded all the files and code. But I believe that it needs to be converted into a usable WordPress theme and any other customizations that you would need. Other way it to simply upload the files and edit the HTML, CSS and images.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

20. Vikram Singh Rana

Best Answers:
    here is the links to the files https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzMpHvt4LzkdcDBsbFlzVUVPNTA/view?usp=sharing