1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Feedback Unable to View Website Traffic & Earning Details on My Android

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Furquan Ahmed, Jan 24, 2017.

Hi,

I have been experiencing this problem from last 1 week, when I try to look imported traffic & earning data of any site's which listed on Buy/Sell section. My screen get hanged. I am unable to do anything, only able to hit back button.

IMG_20170124_140642_356.jpg

Solved! View solution.
    Furquan Ahmed, Jan 24, 2017 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    If your screen is hung, how were you able to take a screenshot?

digitalpoint, Jan 24, 2017 IP
  3. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, as I said only my Chrome browser get hang, other of my Android Phone function work, I have taken this screen shot by pressing Power + Volume Up button.

I have uninstalled chrome & updated fresh from Google Play, gone "incognito". But the issue is same.

4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    What version of Chrome are you using? I just tried it with Chrome on both computer and cell phone and it appears to be working fine when I try to do anything.

5. Furquan Ahmed

Best Answers:
    Here is version & operating system.
    IMG_20170124_142032_266.jpg

6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The version I'm using on my phone is pretty close (55.0.2883.79), and as I said, I'm not seeing any issues at all. Do you have access or know anyone with a similar phone to yours that you could have them test to make sure it's not something specific to your phone somehow?

Ad blockers for example might cause an issue since they alter the page DOM itself.

7. Furquan Ahmed

Best Answers:
    I have another one which is running on same Android version will check this.

I am not using any adblocker. I hate them much.

In my opinion, it is not hang. It just the browser unable to scroll up/down and moving left to right.
    The statistic element from google analytic caused this. When chrome rendered flash content, we were stuck on it and unable to do anything because when we tried to scroll up or down, the browser didn't scroll up/down. It think we want to scroll up the flash object and not the page. That is why the page seems unresponsive because the browser seems waiting for the flash content (not page content, just flash content) to load more resources/info.
    I know the browser didn't hang because all chrome menu is working just fine.

To avoid 'that bug', I usually scroll the page very fast to avoid it 'landing' at statistic flash content.

When I said statistic flash content, it is a graphic showing the traffic of website shown exactly just like as in the first post uploaded by Furquan.

I would say there is something wrong with the graphical statistic of Google Analytic rendered in "Website Info (beta)". The browser think we want to interact with the flash content and that is why scroll up or down is not working (the 'mouse/finger' movement is working perfectly in that flash content but there is no way to get out from that flash file because when I scroll up, the browser think I want to interact with that flash file. I would say I was trapped in that flash content and stuck on it unless pressing back or any Visible link in that screen). By the way, I am using Chrome 55.0.2883.91(latest version according to my phone - I am writing this post using my phone at the moment).

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    Arick unirow, Jan 24, 2017 IP
    Furquan Ahmed likes this.
  9. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well... except there is no Flash content on the page. :)

The graphs are pure JavaScript.

10. Furquan Ahmed

Best Answers:
    So there is no solution for this, only to move fast at end of the page.

11. Furquan Ahmed

Best Answers:
    I don't know there might be any technical solution but as @Arick unirow suggestion I did what he said, now it's working.

I need to be super fast on scrolling the page.:rolleyes:

Arick unirow likes this.
  12. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Based on my experience: No, there is no solution. Once the active page is in 'Traffic History', 'Traffic Sources', and 'Visitors Country', (I think all of them are flash content) we would stuck on it.
    Temporary solution which may able to avoid getting stuck in that page. :D
    Is there possibility that Java Script is pulling flash content? Because the content is looks like flash content for me. Maybe the Java Script make the active element is only that flash content (you may call it JavaScript content) and thus make the navigation only work in that flash file (and not the page).

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  13. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    It's not flash. Okay? Chrome can't display Flash.

PoPSiCLe, Jan 24, 2017 IP
  14. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    When I call it 'flash', it just a term used to describe the content which make the scroll up/down not working properly (and it looks like flash). In my last post, I called it as 'Java Script content'.

I realize it is not flash after Shawn said it isn't. Maybe latest chrome update no longer compatible with JS being used in 'Website Info' area. I remembered the bug is not present in older chrome (before I update my browser).

I wish more peoples could help us clarify whether the problem is truly exist or it just randomly happened to some members.

15. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    Tested now. It's not a real problem, however: When you scroll, I'm assuming you're trying to scroll by dragging your finger more or less in the middle of the screen. That doesn't work, when the graphs are displayed on screen. Basically, it's probably a z-index situation, or a embedded-content situation, which lends the scrollbar unreachable. BUT, if you scroll along the very right of the screen, it's possible to scroll all the way, no need to scroll very fast in the beginning, or anything like that.

So, @digitalpoint - you might wanna look into the exact type of content the / embedding those elements have, and/or if there is an issue with some JS or something changing scroll-properties on the graph-graphics.

16. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Honestly it's working as intended for me... if you touch the charts themselves, you are able to view info about a specific point of data as expected. Scrolling works fine when I test it on my phone (also tested on an iPad) even if you try to scroll with your finger anywhere on any of the charts. Tested it with 4 different browsers on my phone (including Chrome) and it works as expected every time. If it's something specific to the phone operating system somehow, not sure if that could even *be* fixed somehow.

Either way, it's tough to troubleshoot on this end when I can't get it to not work properly in every test I do.

17. PoPSiCLe

Best Answers:
    Just for info: I tested on Android 6, with latest Chrome-version, also Firefox, and both behave the same. Might be an Android-issue? But, it's a minor thing, and the scrolling works, just not exactly on the graphs. Seems to be working just fine on Chrome on iPad though.

18. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hmm... maybe it is indeed an Android thing somehow. Any chance you could check this page to see how it scrolls on Android?

https://outgress.com/stats/

It's using the same charting library, but a newer version. Maybe it's something they fixed and just need to update?

19. Arick unirow

Best Answers:
    I think you were correct, the very right area of the page sometimes could be used to move up and down. However, in five attempt only two were worked. It is not as smooth as it should be but it works. It just so hard to move up and down using the very right area of the page. Once the 'grey' scroll bar shown up, we could move up and down.
    I would be the first to try it and here are the result:
    1. The Chart in "Logged Portal Attacks/Broken Links".
      - Once our finger is in inside the chart, we would not be able to move up and down. We could get more info in chart just by moving our finger in any part of that chart.
      - The empty area in left and right area of the chart could be used to move up and down.
      Conclusion:
      - The chart in this page working just fine and the Java Script working as intended because we could move up and bottom by selecting empty area in left/right area of the chart.
      - The chart is not occupy all the page in mobile browser. There is empty area in the left and right of the chart.
    2. The chart in "Discoveries"
      This is quite interesting. The chart in this area work perfect. I could select any part of the chart using the finger and also could move up and down even tough my finger is in the middle of the chart. I like this type of chart.
      Conclusion: This chart work perfect.
    3. Any chart/images/or other part before and after those two chart previously mentioned above.
      The area before and after those two chart previously mentioned above (number 1 and 2 above) are working just fine. I could move the page to go up and down nicely.
    I see there is empty area between those chart (chart 1 and 2 above) and that empty area could be used to move up and down as well.

20. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    That's really strange that the first chart doesn't allow scrolling for you, but the second one does because the underlying code is identical to generate those two charts. It's just the data that differs. On iOS, both seem to scroll from any point on either chart, so not really sure what's going on and as I mentioned earlier it's pretty tough to try to troubleshoot on this end when I can't get it to not work/scroll properly.