1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to promote new forum?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by fawwad, Jan 20, 2017.

i would like to know the ways to promote new forum? what are things need to be done?

thanks

fawwad, Jan 20, 2017 IP
  2. gkd_uk

gkd_uk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What's your forum url if you don't mind sharing?

gkd_uk, Jan 20, 2017 IP
  3. fawwad

fawwad Active Member

Best Answers:
    there is no url right now. i m thinking to start new forum but no idea i would be able to run it or not. no experience regarding forums marketing. thanks

fawwad, Jan 20, 2017 IP
  4. Henryjorge

Henryjorge Active Member

Best Answers:
    Whats the forum about?. Maybe connect with people on facebook groups, bloggers within that niche, etc. Honestly to start a forum now adays you have to have a group of friends that are willing to make some engaging content. or atleast have some authority in that niche.

Henryjorge, Jan 21, 2017 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It so depends on the niche. Ultimately you need to write a business plan and look at the team involved (even if it's a team of 1), look at your strengths and weaknesses.
    • Is it the kind of forum that will be full of chatter and a hardcore group will return to daily, or will they only go to the forum to get help and then leave?
    • Will people come to your forum because it's you running it?
    • How much competition is there?
    • Will people prefer to use social media in that niche?
    • How much do your target market use the internet?
    How you market a Windows 10 forum versus a truckers forum versus a pop artist fan forum will be really, really different

sarahk, Jan 21, 2017 IP
  6. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You need a core group of knowledgeable members to get the forum off the ground.

P.S. This doesn't imply hiring forum posters that know nothing about the niche.

dcristo, Jan 21, 2017 IP
  7. fawwad

fawwad Active Member

Best Answers:
    basically i m thinking to start mobile phone issues related forum including mobile phone unlocking. there is too much competition. i have no group friends & team to work together. i m the only one who will work on forum. i have enough knowledge to promote site through blogs & videos but no idea for forum.

fawwad, Jan 22, 2017 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    And you'll do this for free?

Why are you bothering... why not join the competition forums?

sarahk, Jan 22, 2017 IP
  9. fawwad

fawwad Active Member

Best Answers:
    what do u mean for free? why do i join competition forums?

fawwad, Jan 22, 2017 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    In your forum will you be helping people for free and hoping for income from advertising?
    Or will you charge people to join and get answers?

You participate in this forum for free - you generate no income from the time you spend here - but some are getting work etc from the services they promote in their signatures. You could go to other forums in the industry, help people and use your signature to promote the services you do charge for.

I guess I'm trying to understand your motivation for starting a forum in a niche that already "there is too much competition"

sarahk, Jan 23, 2017 IP
  11. fawwad

fawwad Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes i will be helping people for free and ofcourse hoping for income from advertising. no i will not charge people to join and get answers. Good idea but only signature will not help me to promote the service i charge for. i want to be giant in my online business so i think forum is the great source. Yes, i understand. thanks for your efforts & time.

fawwad, Jan 23, 2017 IP
  12. Resumexpert

Resumexpert Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In order to start a new forum you have to spend time for a project plan. Also you will need help. You can t keep a forum active by your own. You have to be sure about the first step.

Resumexpert, Jan 25, 2017 IP
  13. Guitar Prince

Guitar Prince Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should attract members first, by gifts, vouchers, coupons, ... or something like that!

Guitar Prince, Jan 25, 2017 IP
  14. robinymym

robinymym Active Member

Best Answers:
    A new forum is VERY difficult. You need a critical huge of individuals there asking questions and creating content or new individuals who come won't come back.
    I would begin by having the forum "seeded" with enthusiastic individuals get it started. As it develops, they can begin welcoming more. Then use social networking to bring customers.
    In the long run, boards seem to work well for SEO. You can do market and keyword and key phrase research for high visitors search phrases and begin subjects in the forum with those words in the headline and written text.

robinymym, Feb 5, 2017 IP