1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Email marketing make all my emails got blacklisted

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by heymaxi, Sep 16, 2016.

I am a newbie in email marketing, like sending newsletter every few days.

But my problem is, it make my domain's associated email address ( m ) got blacklisted ( especially hotmail.com / outlook.com) . I do understand no matter how good my content is, there will be receiver automatically mark them as spam, even though they click want to receive newsletter during sign up.

It makes me when my website sending confirmation email (
    ) to customers about the sales order, it just simply automatically go to trash.

Just wonder how the big stores do email marketing? . any hints?

heymaxi, Sep 16, 2016 IP
  2. acido255

acido255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It looks like Your IP is burned already try changing your ip. which smtp services are you using?

acido255, Sep 17, 2016 IP
  3. Mike Lee

Mike Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Are you using the genuine email marketing method?
    Are you building the email subscribers list by your own?

Please take note you should not simply send your newsletter to anyone, in this case, the newsletter you have sent is considered as spam.
    Too many emails being marked as Spam will cause your IP to be blacklisted.

Mike Lee, Sep 17, 2016 IP
  4. topcoder

topcoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Did you sign up to the Hotmail Junk Mail Reporting Service? This way you can remove those users that mark it as spam and never email them again.

You can use this tool to help you sign up to all the feedback loops. Completely Free.

topcoder, Sep 18, 2016 IP
  5. Aman chaurasia

Aman chaurasia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi there, you see email marketing in today's world needs a lot of authentication protocols to be implemented.
    • Not Building Own Email Sending Reputation
    • Not Aligning Proper Sending Domain Name
    • Not Adding Latest Format Of DMARC Records
    • Not Adding Sending Domain To Google Postmaster And Microsoft SNDS
    • Not Following Proper Warm Up Process
    • Not Adding Mailbox To Email Sending Domain Name
    • Not Adding Proper Email Header
    • Not Measuring Unsubscribe And Spam Compliant Rate
    • Not Using Proper Email Subject And Email Body Content
    These are some of the emails marketing rules that you should follow for a successful email marketing campaign.

Aman chaurasia, Dec 30, 2016 IP
  6. SEOwriterplus

SEOwriterplus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, topcoder, for this resource.

I also have another suggestion for heymaxi:

Use a reputable email marketing service such as Aweber, then follow their rules exactly as you build your list. They will protect you (to a certain extent) from spam complaints, that is as long as you refrain from sending spam, of course. Also, they are set up in a way to pretty much ensure you follow the rules.

And, since you have challenges right now, I would definitely stick with double optins. It's slower, but you're more protected.

SEOwriterplus, Jan 4, 2017 IP
  7. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    From my experience all other email providers will blacklist your email address only if a large amount of users mark your email address as spam. It may never happen, though. When it comes to hotmail / outlook (all MS email services), it seems to me, they blacklist email addresses based on the volume that is being received. One too many - boom! you're blacklisted.

As far as the big stores not being blacklisted... I don't know, maybe a wink and a secret handshake have something to do with it.

[​IMG]

qwikad.com, Jan 4, 2017 IP
  8. simonbrep

simonbrep Peon

Best Answers:
    Looks like you need to change IP, and perhaps work on your mailing strategy so that your new one doesn;t also get burned, message if you need any help with this

simonbrep, Jan 10, 2017 IP
  9. Evgeniy.Pixellito

Evgeniy.Pixellito Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe you need to avoid email style? And switch to performance marketing? Or At least begin with media buy work at Pixellito.
    That can help you much

Evgeniy.Pixellito, Jan 13, 2017 IP
  10. CrankIt

CrankIt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Don't use your personal email service. Use a third party -- ex: MailChimp, Constant Contact, etc. These third parties use a "bank" of IP addresses to avoid these issues. However, I caution you --- if you are sending unsolicited emails, your time spent with these services will be short.

CrankIt, Jan 19, 2017 IP
  11. enterprise_seo

enterprise_seo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I recommend that you use Aweber, which is considered to be the best email third party marketing service. Their servers are known to all ISPs worth knowing and they have internal metrics for showing you how likely any given content is likely to be marked as spam. Just ensure that your recipient has asked to receive your emails (and always include an unsubscribe link in each email) and your email campaign should be successful.

enterprise_seo, Jan 20, 2017 IP