1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Google Chrome and Wifi

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jrbiz, Jan 19, 2017.

Hi,

Recently on my Droid phone and my laptop when I have been trying to connect with free wifi at a hotel or restaurant, etc., Google Chrome will not let me get to the "sign in" screen for the free wifi service (where you agree to the hotel's terms to enable the free wifi access.) Google Chrome comes up with an error message saying that I am trying to go to an unsecure site and will not let me go to it. I have to screw around and find a way to trick my way into the site so that I can agree to the terms and begin using the free wifi.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a setting in Chrome that I need to change? Any workarounds? Note that this has happened on both my Droid phone and my Windows laptop.

TIA.

jrbiz, Jan 19, 2017 IP
  2. Shahzad Jameel

Shahzad Jameel Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe there must be a button/link below that message that i would like to continue. Please check again or you can change the browser as Chrome really has a good security.

Shahzad Jameel, Jan 20, 2017 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    No, it does not give me the option to continue like IE does, despite a certificate warning. I suspect that there is a security setting in Chrome that I need to turn off.

jrbiz, Jan 20, 2017 IP