1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Are you ready for ipv6

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by piohost, Jan 10, 2017.

So I myself am not ready for it as my isp has not rolled it out yet which is sad for me.

I don't hear much about it and if people's providers have actually rolled it out yet so I wanted to find out what other people have.

piohost, Jan 10, 2017 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I am involved with an embedded software company that provides TCP/IP networking protocol stacks for designers who are making equipment that would be classified as the Internet of Things (IoT) devices. I would say that, right now, about 5% of our inquiries for TCP/IP ask about IPv6 functionality and they mostly come from Europe. Rarely hear of this need from other parts of the world, including the U.S.

jrbiz, Jan 10, 2017 IP
  3. SpacePhoenix

SpacePhoenix Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think that it's been widely rolled out yet in the UK. My IP address is always an ipv4 one. I would expect that the US will be the country that gets it rolled out first

SpacePhoenix, Jan 10, 2017 IP
  4. piohost

piohost Peon

Best Answers:
    its bad really, iv had to go ahead and setup a vpn with ipv6 and connect to that so i can actually test clients sites etc

piohost, Jan 16, 2017 IP
  5. jipeto

jipeto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    to check if your site is ready for ip v6 use this tool https://ip6.nl/#!

jipeto, Jan 17, 2017 IP
  6. jipeto

jipeto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    most datacenters will give you or your web hosting company an IP v6 free of charge. When I first asked for a range of IP v6 for one of my servers the datacenter 100TB dot com gave me a /64 which is like 2 to the power of 64 addresses (that is 18,446,744,073,709,551,616 addresses)!

jipeto, Jan 17, 2017 IP