1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Vendors - Why Do You Use The Coupon Box On Checkout?

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by GamesPond, Nov 28, 2016.

I'm really starting to wonder why I'm promoting these kind of products with the coupon code box on the order pages. I have had success promoting these products but i know I'm losing sales/commissions at the same time.

If someone visits my page and clicks my aff link, then hits the order page for the product of course people are going to go in search for the coupon codes when they see the coupon box.

Then of course affiliates are going to tell their visitors to get the coupon they must click the link(their aff link) to get the coupon which then gives them the commission.

Most of the vendors wont even give you a coupon. I've messaged some of them and they say sorry we don't offer coupon codes - well why the f#ck do you have a coupon box on your order page????

I have only had one good product that has given a coupon I can use but still people will go in search for coupon codes to get a better deal.

For those vendors out there who do use it, why do you have it if you're not going to offer coupon codes??

The only thing I can think of is, you're competing with your affiliates. And why not offer an order page without the coupon box for affs to promote your product.

GamesPond, Nov 28, 2016 IP
  2. Raiser Wellens

Raiser Wellens Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes that is not fair! Which networks are you on clickbank or something? I can't really help you with this problem, sorry :(

Raiser Wellens, Dec 31, 2016 IP
  3. SEOwriterplus

SEOwriterplus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Some checkout pages routinely come with the coupon box, including 1shoppingcart and JVZoo, although in some systems it may also be possible to hide it.

I too have looked around online for coupon codes, but in most cases there simply aren't any.

However, sometimes, the vendors run special offers, often for a very limited time, and mostly to their own lists, and give their list a coupon code. And yes, sometimes they give their top affiliates a special coupon code that these affiliates can pass on to their own lists.

If you want to compete, you're always able to create (or otherwise acquire) a bonus that you can offer to your list. JVZoo makes it very easy to attach it to the product download page! And if your bonus is exclusive and valuable, it can work very well, and quite possibly even better than a discount.

On the other hand, for the product vendors to compete with their affiliates during the launch by giving themselves an unfair advantage is indeed problematic, and I would not promote for those kinds of product vendors.

SEOwriterplus, Jan 1, 2017 IP
  4. chaotic5678

chaotic5678 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Coupon boxes distract the customer on the checkout to go look for a coupon code online and then they usually don't purchase.

chaotic5678, Jan 1, 2017 IP
  5. mndo123

mndo123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    hello i am vendor
    i would like to know how i offer coupons ?
    thank you

mndo123, Jan 7, 2017 IP
  6. SEOwriterplus

SEOwriterplus Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know how to do it in 1shoppingcart, which is what I usually use. Just go to your "products" tab, find the "coupon" section, click on it, and add your coupon, plus add the pieces of info you need, i.e., which products the coupon will be good for and for how long (and for how much of a discount, of course). Then record the name of the coupon and share it :)

And since I haven't set up a coupon yet on JVZoo, I found a video for you that explains it:
    https://jvzoo.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/208261667-How-Do-You-Set-Up-Coupon-Codes-
    There's also a downloadable PDF on that page.

Hope this helps!

SEOwriterplus, Jan 9, 2017 IP
  7. mndo123

mndo123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    thank you

mndo123, Jan 9, 2017 IP
  8. GamesPond

GamesPond Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To me it's just wrong and unfair.
    Some clickbank vendors wont give a coupon code to affiliates.
    I know that I'm losing sales to other affiliates because of this because customers will search for coupons, land on another affiliate page and then that affiliate wil be rewarded the commission if they from their link.

Very frustrating. I'm going to change vendors because of this.

GamesPond, Jan 15, 2017 IP
  9. mndo123

mndo123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    i am sorry to hear that
    so wrong if vendors doing that
    for me no i dont do that
    without affiliates will never get sales

mndo123, Jan 16, 2017 IP