1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Twitter Headers

Discussion in 'Twitter' started by StephyFace, Jan 13, 2017.

What size can I make my header for it to actually fit like it is suppose to? I've seen 1500 x 500 and 1500 x 421 .... I have tried both, and it cuts off the top of my header when I put it on my twitter. So what is the actual size I should make it so the picture appears correctly, and not chopped off?

StephyFace, Jan 13, 2017 IP
  2. joidiamonds

joidiamonds Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The correct (recommended size ) is 1500 x 500

When viewing at different screen sizes you get different results. My advice is to simply change the design. When putting a picture of yourself behind the profile image, I find that people try to over-compensate for the blockage and end up having the same problem your having. I would suggest putting the image LOUD, PROUD and in the center of the design; this way, when you make it smaller you don't have to worry about it being covered up.

When your image is centered it provides a strong statement; I highly recommend.

Here are some other tips you can try.

( To sum it up, this person has tried 1263px x 421px. If you don't want twitter resizing the image try that, but remember it has it's own challenges as well. )
    https://havecamerawilltravel.com/photographer/twitter-layout-profile-image-sizes

( To sum it up, another option is to use "safe zones". When creating an image leave a border on the top and bottom - problem solved! - Check out their image samples. )
    https://blog.snappa.io/twitter-header-size/

Hope that helped!:)

joidiamonds, Jan 13, 2017 IP