1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Minimum Word Count for Blog Posts

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by avery-eisenreich, May 22, 2016.

1. Adom Smith

Adom Smith Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    According to me it is 250 words for each blog. For expert advice just ask from any best assignment writing services.

Adom Smith, Aug 12, 2016 IP
  2. imnathanjames

imnathanjames Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It used to be around 300 then was around 500.
    I always aim for around 1000 in my content, i do not give a crap about google anymore i make it this lenght so i know that i have a good meaty article to present.
    I had a site with articles 800 words or more and google dropped it for thin content. No affiliate links at all in the site. All the non plus pages were not indexed. I gave up chasing. Now i write for my readers.

imnathanjames, Aug 16, 2016 IP
  3. handsomegenius

handsomegenius Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It depends what your goals are.

If you have a worthwhile announcement that can be properly covered in 50 words, then that's the right length.

Generally though, blog posts are about bringing in new readers, earning incoming links, and building engagement. To do that, you wanna have a bit of meat to it. So anything that can be covered adequately in under 1,000 words is probably not substantial enough.

But that shouldn't be a license to use too many words to say things.

handsomegenius, Aug 29, 2016 IP
  4. Alex.J

Alex.J Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I suggest you 1000 + words. So bigger is better but as the case may be.;)

Alex.J, Sep 2, 2016 IP
  5. maurice.cowell

maurice.cowell Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you are writing for a blog I don't think 250 or 300 words is enough. Though it depends on the topic but for it to be really interesting you have make it like 1000 words at least.

maurice.cowell, Sep 4, 2016 IP
  6. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Google has many factors concerning SEO, and I suspect comments are the least...
    I have seen many authority sites that have their comments disabled, so no engagement there...
    engagement does not mean it has to be directly on the site or your site will tank, not at all....

dscurlock, Sep 19, 2016 IP
  7. wordplucker

wordplucker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The perfect size article says what you need to say, nothing more, nothing less, if it takes 200 words, so be it, if it takes 1,000 words, so be it.

I gave up on SERPs a long time ago, when I discovered traffic from social media, and I take what ever the engines give without complaint while I do my own thing.

wordplucker, Sep 19, 2016 IP
  8. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    and I guess people will continue to debate that, however, doing min work just to please SE does not
    get you anywhere fast. I have seen cases where min content will rank, and I have heard cases were
    sites only post 5k articles, and claim google loves them right off the bat, however, regardless of how much you
    put out, the content only starts with indexing; What backlinks you get will determine where it goes from there.
    Some say, use less, because people do not want to read an online novel, however, that is fine, some may not want to read
    an entire novel, but others actually will, and I think google favors more content, then less, and rewards you
    appropriately by sending more traffic your way, and if they read it then fine, if not, your visitor can still see
    the level of detail you put into the site, and may find their way around until they find something they do want....

If we both have articles, yours is 500 words, mine is 4000 words, and we post them at the same time, now what?
    Do you think google can understand which one should rank higher? not really, however, longer content gives
    the appearance that you are an authority site, and obviously will attract more backlinks, and I suspect that if
    the 500 article is ranking higher, then this person is most likely doing un-natural link building....

on a personal note, I was not born to be a reader, so therefore, I dislike reading long content, however, if
    I run across a piece that looks good from the start, then I will read it for what its worth, but that by no-means
    everyone does not like reading long content, as everyone has their own personal tastes....

at the end of the day, google is still a computer...
    but does appear to favor in-depth (long) content....

dscurlock, Sep 19, 2016 IP
  9. blogvirals.com

blogvirals.com Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    minimum 300 words is necessary for blog post then your post performing well in organic search

blogvirals.com, Nov 18, 2016 IP
  10. Klepon Pink

Klepon Pink Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Avery, there is no minimum counts, as long as the article is deep and answering the questions of the visitors, it will be OK.
    You can research some popular blogs before you start writing.

Klepon Pink, Nov 20, 2016 IP
  11. G2Xmedia

G2Xmedia Peon

Best Answers:
    Google doesn't necessarily enforce a minimum word count, but most decent blog posts are between 300-600 words.

G2Xmedia, Jan 6, 2017 IP
  12. dscurlock

Best Answers:
    Your solution will be far more effective then writing 1000 word article,
    and all you do is babble from word 1 to word 1000; If you offer no value
    in your 1000 word article, then the article is worthless...If you can solve
    problems in a mere 300 words, then you can achieve more then
    that of a 1000 word article that provides little to no information.

Google doesnt play anymore; If you want to stay in this game, then offer
    something that visitors want, if not, google will remove you; Even today,
    people think all they need to do is slap some hired content online, and that
    is all they have to do, and this is the first step of your process of being removed.

If google sees that you cant offer quality...
    then your site will be short lived....

Ever heard this before?

"Just keep trying, you will make it"

Wrong!

If you have nothing of value.
    You will not make it, period!

dscurlock, Jan 7, 2017 IP
  13. SEOwriterplus

SEOwriterplus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Seth Godin may write short posts, but he's famous, and his site probably also has a ton of high quality backlinks, plus many visitors who share his posts and "talk" about him on social media etc.

So if you have all those things, short posts will be just great. But if you don't, you need to make your posts "share worthy" - and usually that means more high quality content.

SEOwriterplus, Jan 10, 2017 IP
  14. ExtremeIM

ExtremeIM Active Member

Best Answers:
    I always try to write content with a minimum of 300 words. anyway, that's just me..but maybe as long as you're able to completely express what you want to say to your audience then that's the one that would actually matter. just forget google and focus on your target audience

ExtremeIM, Jan 10, 2017 IP
  15. junaidshahid

junaidshahid Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think 400 are the enough to be ranked in google, other factors are the on page seo and how much returning visitors you have..

junaidshahid, Jan 19, 2017 IP
  16. Sherlyn Shah

Sherlyn Shah Member

Best Answers:
    I always use to thing it should be more then 500 or 700 words but then came to knw that even we had 300 - 350 words is fine...Look for Toast SEO Google ads rules.

Sherlyn Shah, Mar 19, 2017 IP
  17. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google doesn't care much about the blog's word count. But it DOES care about the blog's content; its quality, its essence and its relevance to the people. Also, other factors such as SEO and traffic play an important role for a blog to become an authority.

Just write your blog concisely - no more, no less. As to determining the right word count, well, it's up to you. Good luck! :)

Anitasol, May 3, 2017 IP
  18. MLMRC

MLMRC Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't think there is a set amount

MLMRC, May 25, 2017 IP
  19. TechnologyHound

TechnologyHound Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It depends if you are curating, aggregating or if the article is a feature or sponsored post. When we curate, we generally keep them around 300 words, aggregation around 150, featured articles closer to 2000 words and sponsored posts between 500-750 depending on our clients requests.

TechnologyHound, Jun 17, 2017 IP
  20. Mikael Vester

Mikael Vester Peon

Best Answers:
    Depends on your market. I myself prefer short but informative posts. A rule of thumb would be to have 300-500 words in a blog post that contains juicy details about your topic.

Mikael Vester, Jun 21, 2017 IP