1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Facebook Design & other resources

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by Shareek Team, Jan 4, 2017.

?

Do you want to know more about Facebook?

Poll closed Jan 11, 2017.
  1. Yes, I want to know more, keep up.

50.0%
  2. Nope! We know how to Google for answer :/

50.0%
  3. Whatever dude -_-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Hello everybody,

I guess the best way to get to know the platform you are using is to dig deep into its Help & Support and Guidelines Pages.

I've been introduced a while ago to Facebook Design (see here http://facebook.design )which happens to be the place where folks at Facebook explain the how & the wow of their design language.

You can see that if you went down in that website you can go to Facebook's Medium Publication, which is also Facebook Design, but with a logo this time, as you can see below.
    (it looks like a coffee brand :))

[​IMG]

You can see that they even shared their GUI psd & sketch files under the title "Giving back to the Design Community". Article Link ( https://medium.com/facebook-design/giving-back-to-the-design-community-2c0b4cbb091f#.2rr9pipgo )

and if you click the picture below, you will be forwarded to a page titled "iOS 9 GUI (iPhone)"

[​IMG]
    and iOS 10 GUI is available ( http://facebook.design/ios10 )

There's also the VR resources page, you can access it ( http://facebook.design/vr ) .

[​IMG]
    An opinion of mine: " I guess Facebook should be a little more informative and open in giving access and raising awareness to their info-sources, they also should work more on their UI/UX specially the clutter and confusion in (Business Manager / Ads Manager / Promotions Page ... etc)"...

Back to the resources,

Facebook Ads Guideline, accessible for everybody (I think) and with various translations. These guidelines will help every member of your team (working on Facebook and generating content / ads), from the designer, the content curator, the editor, the publisher, the operations officer... etc. For example, it gives you detailed information on how to create the content, how to work with various Ad Placements, how much text you can write on every placement.... etc
    This will help Marketing Planners create a better messaging using Facebook. You can check the Ads Guidelines Page by clicking ( https://www.facebook.com/business/ads-guide )

[​IMG]

Now at the bottom of this page ( http://facebook.com/business ) you can see Facebook's family of apps and services, some of them are famous and well known like FB, Insta, Messenger, but others are not know to all. Like Atlas, Audience Network & Workplace.

p.s: If you want me to explain all of them I would love that, just answer the poll and choose (I want more).

upload_2017-1-5_6-32-38.png

I will give you here a sample PDF Guide from Facebook Media, it's called "The Facebook Giving Season Guide", published in October, 2016. Get it by clicking ( https://fbookmedia.files.wordpress.com/2016/10/2016-fb-gift-giving.pdf )

I won't make it a very long post, but I want to mention two more important source of knowledge about Facebook:
    1- Facebook IR
    2- Facebook Signal

Well, Let's start

upload_2017-1-5_6-50-47.png
    As you can see Facebook IR stands for Facebook Investor Relations, as when Facebook went IPO an entity governing the relation between investors and Facebook as a corporate.
    It has lots of useful information for people who like snooping around ;) and for those who want some inspirations (not to forget potential investors )

check the mailing list at the bottom of their page ( https://investor.fb.com/home/default.aspx ) to keep updated with their IR.

upload_2017-1-5_6-56-45.png
    Facebook Signal (part of Facebook Media)
    Well, FB Signal is a tool to measure and investigate viral stories, create some saved searches and analyzing related metrics. It helps journalists, editors, online publishers to have better view of the information around them, for an example, when a journalist want testimonies from people about a certain subject, he/she will search using FB Signal for terms and keywords, save the post and/or search then send it to the editor and publisher to embed the post in their news website. You can access it ( singal.fb.com )

[​IMG]

Finally, It's 7am now and I have to go, Please help me stay motivated by filling the poll.

The Poll will stay for seven days (7 days) and I hope I can post a small article like this with useful information once every week.

Thanks a lot,
    Shareek Team
    Mo.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    Shareek Team, Jan 4, 2017 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I'm assuming this is a cut and paste from somewhere since you didn't bother to check that the links work?

sarahk, Jan 4, 2017 IP
  3. Shareek Team

Shareek Team Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This is my first post here, I've been working on the article for the past hour or so,
    I used the link tool but something wrong happened, I will update the article now.

Thanks for the note.

4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    New users can't post links.

Accounts are for a single person and can't be shared amongst your "team". Accounts are free to create and it's completely reasonable to have them as "Shareek - Mo" for instance. However, as "Mo" has used this one, it is the only account "Mo" can use.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
    sarahk, Jan 4, 2017 IP
  5. Shareek Team

Shareek Team Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Outch!!
    Will, I will try to post them next every paragraph.

I already know this, don't worry.

p.s: I've updated the links.
    another note: This account is my team contributing through me to the community. So I guess we should focus on getting things done and spreading knowledge, not on "accusations" and "unimportant" issues.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2017
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Excuse me? You are a new member, who posted with a fake signature that I had to take time to remove and I left a comment about something that I thought you might be unaware of. I'll make sure not to waste my time helping you out in the future since my feedback is "unimportant".

sarahk, Jan 4, 2017 IP
  7. Shareek Team

Shareek Team Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Totally cool, and please next time don't accuse people before "fact-checking". To get respect, you should give respect.

There's nothing fake in my signature, if you don't know then don't judge.

8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    It's "fake" when it's in the body of your post and not added using the forum's signature functionality. Unless you are a complete forum newbie you'd know that.
    Back at you, kiddo.

sarahk, Jan 5, 2017 IP
  9. Shareek Team

Shareek Team Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm a complete forum newbie.

Shareek Team, Jan 5, 2017 IP
  10. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Maybe you should get a few pointers from your team mates since your company offers this:
    upload_2017-1-5_21-50-15.png

sarahk, Jan 5, 2017 IP
  11. Shareek Team

Shareek Team Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I just want to end the discussion, because it's pointless and against the forums rules.
    Thanks for dropping by and snooping and doing some research, and most importantly, your lovely visit to our Facebook Page :)
    We gained an impression :p

Shareek Team, Jan 5, 2017 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.