1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why is my blog receiving more traffic on the home page?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Joe@Vastlinks, Jan 2, 2017.

Hi All,
    I have a blog I have been managing for 6 months, I found out that the home page has over %70 traffic than other pages and posts pages. Is it normal? If not, What could be the reason ?

Joe@Vastlinks, Jan 2, 2017 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Check your bounce rate. If your bounce rate is, let's say, 60% that would explain why the rest of the blog doesn't receive more traffic.

qwikad.com, Jan 2, 2017 IP
  3. Web_Shark

Web_Shark Greenhorn

Best Answers:

Yep - its quite normal as people will hit your home page first, then browse other pages.

Web_Shark, Jan 3, 2017 IP
  4. biho

biho Active Member

Best Answers:
    You have to write fully SEO optimized post that search engine loves and put them on first SERP so that you will be getting more visitors to your post pages.

biho, Jan 3, 2017 IP
  5. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Its because you have not properly optimised your on-page and failed to share them in social media websites.

karen9999, Jan 3, 2017 IP
  6. EngineErica

EngineErica Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have backlinks coming back to your site are they directed back to your homepage? That can be the cause of the increased traffic on your home page.

EngineErica, Jan 26, 2017 IP
  7. Guitar Prince

Guitar Prince Member

Best Answers:
    Same to me. I'm pretty sure it is normal. Maybe when you build backlinks, almost of them coming back to your homepage.

Guitar Prince, Jan 26, 2017 IP
  8. WP Screamer

WP Screamer Member

Best Answers:
    biho is correct. One reason very well may be that you have not SEO optimized your individual posts. The vast majority of my visitors on all my blogs originate through my posts then proceed to the home page. This is because of SEO for that particular post--keyword density, meta description, slug, sub headings etc.

WP Screamer, Jan 26, 2017 IP
  9. Web_Shark

Web_Shark Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This has nothing to do with individual page optimisation, I assure you - all it is, is about being careful which url you type/input when you spam.

You can tell who the novices are, they can't work out that if you use the homepage url, then whoever clicks onto that must get taken to a homepage - Doh.

They then discuss it for 20 posts, after which they are still no wiser.

Web_Shark, Jan 27, 2017 IP
  10. OptimisationService

OptimisationService Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    send me your link and I will make seo audit of your site, and we can say exactly why your index page gets most amount of traffic

OptimisationService, Feb 8, 2017 IP
  11. Web_Shark

Web_Shark Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You don't need an SEO audit - you just need to use your brain. I got to say, the lack of basics on running websites is worrying, Ive watched forum members for years, all asking irrelevant
    and silly questions about promotion activities that are a total waste of time. You are better off concentrating on learning first, but setting up a blog to house content just isn't the way forward on the web anymore, its like 15 years out of date man....

If you must house content, then get a proper on-site SEO'd site built from scratch - you cant do things properly working with a £200 cheapo blog script.... Also you'll need so much content to make this work,
    you'll be retired before this becomes successful.. Ive been there, done it and got the tee-shirt.

Web_Shark, Feb 8, 2017 IP
  12. brajeshyadav

brajeshyadav Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi
    It happens normally, that our home page get most of the traffic. If you want to generate traffic from your internal pages too then i will suggest to promote these pages also with SEO and SMO. hope this will work, let me share if you want further training on this.

brajeshyadav, Feb 9, 2017 IP
  13. Sherlyn Shah

Sherlyn Shah Member

Best Answers:
    This is because by default you have configured Yoast SEO Plugin to Home Page Website links. It even happen with me. Better Start using Category links with Primary Anchor text to build backlinks of do follow of high domain rankings.

Sherlyn Shah, Feb 20, 2017 IP
  14. Anitasol

Anitasol Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I think this could also be the reason.

Anitasol, Feb 20, 2017 IP