1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Outbound Links - What is your View?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by MrLeN, Dec 23, 2016.

Do you agree with this?

People who argue against outbound links argue that:

• They send your traffic away.
    • They give your page rank away.
    • They ruin your reputation.
    • They damage search engine rankings.
    Source

MrLeN, Dec 23, 2016 IP
  2. peterstein

peterstein Member

Best Answers:
    Hi MrLeN

As the whole www is about being a big network, linking to other sites is a normal thing. This is googles perspective aswell.
    If you do not have at least a few outbounds, it looks a bit fishy to search engines.

Of course they "can" send traffic away (but maybe your content isnt good enough?), they do not give page rank away - as there is nothing like pagerank.
    They do not ruin your reputation.. why should they? If you link to other sites, it should be additional information something worthy for your readers.
    And last but not least, they do definitely not damage your rankings. And as you wrote in your post, what goes around, that comes around.
    Some additional reading is sometimes necessary, maybe there are chances to get some links back. Or set a link to wikipedia, looks good to search engines and to readers.

Dont do too much, dont do nothing :)

peterstein, Dec 27, 2016 IP
  3. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Linking to other sites is a normal part of the web ecosystem.

dcristo, Dec 27, 2016 IP
  4. peterstein

peterstein Member

Best Answers:
    Yep totally agree. And everything what is "a normal part of the web ecosystem", is good for your rankings as search engines are looking for sites which are knowing how to behave in the world wide spiderweb.

peterstein, Dec 28, 2016 IP
  5. MrLeN

MrLeN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe that if you add 3 or so links top related articles, it helps Google to know what your article is actually about.

MrLeN, Dec 28, 2016 IP
  6. peterstein

peterstein Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, thats the right way to think about SEO :)

peterstein, Jan 1, 2017 IP
  7. irfansyah

irfansyah Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Outbound link very be one factor off Seo, you just managed it anything for little move ways.

irfansyah, Jan 1, 2017 IP
  8. highphiverr

highphiverr Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i would go with high authority outbound links. If you're scared of passing off link juice you can try to add a "nofollow" tag to the link, but just remember to be consistent because you dont want anything to look fishy to google.

highphiverr, Feb 4, 2017 IP
  9. Jenniferrachel

Jenniferrachel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Outbound links are links that point to some other domain from your site. When you link out to related domains, it not only helps the search engine to understand your niche but also helps to increase the trust and quality of your site which plays a vital role in your blog's SEO.

Outbound links authority

A study conducted by marketing firm Reboot aims to show that there is a positive correlation between a page’s outgoing links and its search rankings. Reboot hypothesized that Google can determine the authority of a page or website based on what other authority sources it associates itself with (by linking to them).

Jenniferrachel, Jul 23, 2018 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  10. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is not true if they don't give backlinks to another website so why they expect the same from others? People only want the backlinks from your website when you have the well optimized and higher traffic website with good authority and noone will give the backlinks to anyone without do a small audit to their website in starting.

Sumit_Singh, Jul 24, 2018 IP
  11. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If another web page on the internet can add value to my page, I do sometimes give them a "followed" outbound link. I'm not into the whole "nofollow" craze. If the other page is worthy of an outbound link, I'm OK giving them some link juice. I believe in the biblical principle of "sowing and reaping." Sending that link and its juice out will come back to my website one way or another.

In these cases I have the other web page open in a new window, so when the reader is done with them, my page is still there on their screen.

Jim4767, Jul 25, 2018 IP
  12. Hostfinch

Hostfinch Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Outbound links are links that are meant to take you another sites or submission . These are links that are going to direct you to another specific webpage or website altogether. Most, if not all, websites have outbound links.

Hostfinch, Jul 25, 2018 IP