1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Contest 48hrs S-i-m-p-l-e T-shirt design contest. Winner gets $20

Discussion in 'Design Contests' started by proteindude, Dec 26, 2016.

Hello again talented people,

I need a simple t-shirt design: the logo and the slogan which is Keep_On_Lifting
    I need a grunge, rugged masculine look. I have attached an image of styles I like.

[​IMG]

As far as positioning goes, I was thinking something similar to the juice tshirt below, but the look needs to be grunge, masculine and rugged. By that I mean the background "red stain" can be made to look grunge and then just simply apply the logo and slogan on it.

[​IMG]

Colours: for tshirt please use either black or navy blue. For print please look dark grey

No pm entries please. Any questions please feel free to ask.
    I am hoping to end this in 48hrs. Payment is via paypal.

The logo can be downloaded from here: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/e2...145ad7abd3c07f4f0d012fad20161227054154/290bfe

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    proteindude, Dec 26, 2016 IP
  2. Padurariu Alexandru

Padurariu Alexandru Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

Padurariu Alexandru, Dec 27, 2016 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  3. meanymoo

meanymoo Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    my try
    [​IMG]

meanymoo, Dec 27, 2016 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  4. MrAlan_

MrAlan_ Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

MrAlan_, Dec 27, 2016 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  5. zSmartDesign

zSmartDesign Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Feedback Apreciated !​

zSmartDesign, Dec 27, 2016 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  6. Piera Chan Love

Piera Chan Love Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Logo3.jpg

Piera Chan Love, Dec 27, 2016 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  7. proteindude

proteindude Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    PadurariuAlexandru: thank you for getting this contest started. Youe entry is a very pleasant one but it just isn't suitable for my aim. I need something masculine, with grunge and rugged looking. That is why I tried to show some examples of what I like. Again, very pleasant design but just not "masculine" enough.

meanymoo: thanks for these. they look good but not quite there. While I generally like red I think right now it is a little too much red and also a little too much of everything (color + 3D effects on the letters). You got the concept of grunge, especially for the background. But I need more grunge and less clutter/effects. I would change the red background to a grey one and also I would reduce the 3D effect or drop shadow or whatever you used for the letters (sorry I am not a designer so I am not familiar with the proper terms) and also make the letters a little more "grunge" just like you did for the red background and also add a little grunge effect to the logo itself so the whole design flows better together. Please have a look at my very first example with the thirty two print (academic_excellence)

MrAlan: thank you for the entry. I am sorry to disappoint you but it is not what I am looking for. The colors and the effects you chose are spot on. But the font and the oval shape you chose while very pleasant give the t-shirt somewhat of a soft look and I am after a more masculine, more rugged more grunge look. Perhaps a more masculine font is what is needed and sorry but I am not feeling at all the oval shape for this look.

zSmartDesign: thank you for these. I think they are heading in the right direction but not quite there yet. They look a little plain somehow. Need a bolder font or at least need a bit more grunge for the font as well as a grunge effect for the logo. Not sure red is the right choice of color as I want to stick to a more masculine, rugged look. But the grunge effect for the red background looks good even though I may choose a different color, a more subdued one as red stands out too much

Piera Chan Love: thank you for the entry but it is not what I am looking for. I need something that looks more professional and also that has more of a grunge look.

proteindude, Dec 27, 2016 IP
    MrAlan_ likes this.
  8. Piera Chan Love

Piera Chan Love Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Keeponlifting4.jpg

proteindude likes this.
  9. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Pierra Chan Love, this is definitely an improvement and heading in the right direction even though it is still not there. That red is way too bright, the slogan on a single line doesn't look too good and also the logo itself looks like it has just been stretched vertically.

10. MrAlan_

MrAlan_ Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Feedback appreciated

MrAlan_, Dec 27, 2016 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  11. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    MrAlan: thanks for the new one. This is a very hard one to judge. And that is because I really liked some elements from the previous one and then this new one is totally different and heading in the wrong direction. The font is now too much or I should say the effects of the font. I really liked the first one: simple and clean effect for the font on that grey background which btw, it looked great. For this new one the font itself I can say looks better but the effects to it I do not like. In the first one that shape around the logo made it look really good but now the logo looks like it was simply stuck there. What I would do, is go back to the original one, leave everything as it is, except choose a different font (a bolder one - or you can keep this one from #10) and instead of that oval shape for the background use the one from this new one (I believe it is some kind of trapezium - sorry I don't want to upset my geometry teacher but I am not sure what it is called). But don't do any effects to the font because the way it looked in the first entry it was fine.

MrAlan_ likes this.
  12. Piera Chan Love

Piera Chan Love Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    keeponlifting9.jpg

proteindude likes this.
  13. Piera Chan Love

Piera Chan Love Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thank you very much for your feedback

14. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    No problem. But I am sorry to say now you are going in the opposite direction. It looks too busy now and seem to have too many elements that do not match. The position of the text is better but the rest is just now flowing well together. Also the font you chose is a bad choice as it looks more like a western style font than a grunge, masculine, rugged one w is what I am after.

15. Piera Chan Love

Piera Chan Love Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Logo4.jpg

proteindude likes this.
  16. Piera Chan Love

Piera Chan Love Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Many thanks!

17. MrAlan_

MrAlan_ Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Feedback appreciated

MrAlan_, Dec 27, 2016 IP
    proteindude likes this.
  18. Piera Chan Love

Piera Chan Love Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Feedback welcome... Thank you so much

proteindude likes this.
  19. proteindude

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Piera Chan Love: thanks for the new entry. It is getting a little difficult for me to provide feedback because your designs improve and then they seem to go a little backwards. This new one looks like something suited for a horror movie. The color combination looks suited for such a movie. If I wanted a gory/scary design I would choose yours. But it is not what I am after. The color combination doesn't work and also the logo at the bottom doesn't match as it looks too clean compared with the rest of the design. You should've given some kind of an effect to the logo otherwise the way it is now it just looks out of place somehow. If you decide to try again, please look again at the initial examples I provided.

MrAlan: definitely a step in the right direction although it is not there yet. The font you used is not suitable. But, everything else looks good and I am sure I could use this design to get to where I want. What I will do, is I will wait a few more hours to see if anyone comes up with something new, then I will choose two or three of the designs I like the best, I will then tell you which ones I like and it will be up to the finalists to decide whether or not they do the changes in order to win. So while I will need some changes I can definitely see myself using your design/concept.

MrAlan_ likes this.
  20. Piera Chan Love

Piera Chan Love Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Many thanks