1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

where i can get free images?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by matwan, Aug 28, 2016.

1. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Dont you realize instagram photos are owned by their photographer?

pmf123, Oct 18, 2016 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  2. Bob tha Builder

Bob tha Builder Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Unsplash com
    Picjumbo com
    Startup stock photos com
    Albunarium com
    Gratisography com
    Death to the stock photo com

As a bonus here is what I use for cool polygonal backgrounds: qrholf com /trianglyfy-generator.

Hope this helps.

Bob tha Builder, Dec 9, 2016 IP
  3. Proaffili

Proaffili Active Member

Best Answers:
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
    Proaffili, Dec 26, 2016 IP
    Best Seller likes this.
  4. Soho Web

Soho Web Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you can also try photopin.com

Soho Web, Jan 20, 2017 IP
  5. DynaDotRep

DynaDotRep Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    There are a ton of options out there. The most important this is to check and make sure that the image isn't copyrighted.

DynaDotRep, Feb 13, 2017 IP
  6. Best Seller

Best Seller Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to find free stock photos/images, then do a "Google advanced image search" and check the option under usage rights that says, "free to use, share or modify, even commercially." Make sure you watch the usage rights so you don't get accused of copyright infringement. That can be a costly mistake.

Best Seller, Feb 22, 2017 IP
  7. Best Seller

Best Answers:
    For example, I wanted to use a free stock photo as my avatar on this forum, so I did a Google advanced imaged search with the usage rights "free to use, share or modify, even commercial" and the keyword "best seller" to find this: https://pixabay.com/en/best-seller-seller-stamp-red-158885/

Attached Files:

8. Best Seller

Best Answers:
    You can also do a Google search for "free stock photos" to find free images, but make sure you're getting them from reputable sites. Double check.

9. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    God damn it. You've already been told, but let me repeat the message, @Best Seller : This does in no way mean the picture is actually free to use. You have absolutely NO GUARANTEE that the licensing presented by Google is the correct one, or that the one sharing the image has the right to share it at all, or set the licensing for it. Can you PRETTY PLEASE stop spewing bad advice in a forum for legal issues?

PoPSiCLe, Feb 24, 2017 IP
  10. Best Seller

Best Answers:
    Hello, I'm not sure who you are or why you're so angry with me. Are you a lawyer? Because any of the lawyers I've ever dealt with have a much calmer and professional demeanor than you seem to have in your post.

Never have I said I'm a lawyer or that what I'm sharing is legal advice. But I can tell you that I've been in the advertising/marketing and publishing industries for over twenty years, so I'm familiar with using free stock photos versus buying artwork from illustrators/designers and what's involved with that to safeguard yourself. I'm simply sharing some of the ways that professional graphic designers obtain free stock photos online, and I've provided a legitimate example of what I'm talking about in the form of how I found the avatar for this forum.

Anyone who has further serious questions about this should be consulting a lawyer about it--not a forum.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
    Best Seller, Feb 24, 2017 IP
  11. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    So, you're plainly ignoring the other thread where you got told off due to bad advice? This is a legal issues-subforum. Not a graphic designer subforum, or an image-subforum - even when you're not a lawyer (which I doubt many users of this site is), giving bad advice, with broad legal implications, is frowned upon. You have NOT provided a smart way to do what the OP wants - you've provided a way, yes, but it's a VERY unwise way to go, especially if you're gonna use this online, perhaps showing it of to hundreds of thousands of visitors. There have been several cases where users of Google's search function have tried to argue "good faith" reasons, citing Google's licensing showing the images as free for different types of use, not one of those cases has found for the defendant.

Giving blatant bad advice, to gullible users, is not a smart way to go.

PoPSiCLe, Feb 24, 2017 IP