1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Suggestions Required (Need to Make USD 12,000 in Upcoming 2017 Year)

Discussion in 'General Business' started by ahmedwaqas92, Dec 20, 2016.

Hello,

I am in a bit of a predicament at the moment and need some solid suggestions on how to go about making almost USD 12,000 in the coming year. I require around 2,500, from the above mentioned total, in the next 2 months i.e. earliest by 1st February 2017.

There are certain things in my life that precariously depend on me producing the said latter amount by any means necessary and I desperately want to know how this can be achieved! Seriously guys I am not even sure where to begin at the moment.

To give you lot a bit of a background on these circumstances I would like to point out that I am currently residing in Johor Bahru, Malaysia (This city actually borders Singapore) but unfortunately I am an expat (in Malaysia), from one of Asia's developing nations. I am not fluent in the local lingua and just recently moved from (Kuala Lumpur) to this city. Overall I've resided in this country for about three years approximately, it'll make 36 months this coming March in 2017, and in this time I have done almost every God damn job imaginable to the human race.

Currently, I do have a day Job in a Singaporean firm that runs a branch in Johor (my current residential city) and the company sells accounting software to other businesses. My job is to assist as a troubleshooting support personnel and to up sell to the Singaporean market one of their newest OCR based accounting applications, simply put I am cold calling 60% of the time :(

Academically I am pursuing A.C.C.A. (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) - I am not too sure how many of you are aware of this but it's a professional accountancy qualification that is based out of Glasgow in the United Kingdom. One of the reasons I moved, from my country to these 'greener pastures', was to forward my education (I had cleared about 2 Papers in my home country) but since I've been literally cash stricken from the get go I have been unable to continue any papers AT ALL.

My income right now is RM 1,750 (monthly) which is approximately ~ USD 355-380. I know this does seem ridiculously low (which probably it is - facepalm) but I don't have much options here and this is the best that was on offer for someone like me.

It scratches to pay for the rent, food and travel (to and fro from the workplace) but apparently that's about it. No savings or even enough for me to have other miscellaneous expenses. Sad ain't it !! :(

********Coming back to the Topic at hand !!**********

Albeit all of the above limitations I am surviving (with some effort to be fairly honest) however there are certain financial issues that have crept up in the these past 3 years and at the moment I am in dire straights of finding a way to make a buck and quickly !!.

Things I CANNOT do:

1) Invest in any sort of way ! - I am in no position to invest even at a minimum (This is totally out of the scenario)
    2) Relocate - Since I am an expat I have certain visa implications and other legal parameters that does not enable me to relocate.
    3) Quit my Day Job - My survival, i.e. money needed to carry on the basic necessities in life, depends on the pay I get at the end of the month.
    4) Call for help from my home country - Things back home aren't very good at the moment, just like me they are surviving at best.

Things I CAN do:

1) Write near perfect copy - I have excellent command of the English language (both written and verbal) and my ability to churn out near perfect copy is as good as anyone out there.
    2) I am a cricket (the sport - not the insect) fanatic - It's been almost two decades now (1997 - Present) since I've been following this particular sport while I am someone who can passionately express myself, both subjectively and in a objective analytical manner as well.

It can be safe to say I am just in love with it and as a hobby I do research and other team / player analysis on a regular basis.
    3) I am decent with Accounting Books - Since I was, or technically am, pursuing a professional qualification on Accountancy, I am intermediately capable of keeping books and the fundamentals that revolve around such a proposition.

Since 40% of my job scope is to assist as a support personnel for an accounting software, I encounter a lot of troubleshooting cases that requires me to channel my inner bookkepper :D This has helped me to polish my skills and I am confident enough to say that if given the proper opportunity I wouldn't be out of my depth to keep books for any global SME.

I would here like to reiterate that, by no means am I advocating, that I am an expert of some sort on the latter; but I am confident enough, that if push comes to shove, I'll be able to get the job done.
    4) I am good (decentish) with Mathematics and History - If only you can count that as a worthwhile ability.
    5) Able to run Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) flawlessly - I know I am really scraping the bottom of the barrel here guys :(

Things I have access to:

1) A computer with Internet facilities
    2) Basic stationary
    3) A bank account that only works in my home country
    4) A working Skrill Account
    5) Access to Western Union
    6) A bunch of Legal identification
    7) Some humor and the occasional wit
    8) A whole lot of depression

If you're read everything up until this point then, in all seriousness GOD BLESS YOU my friend, however the purpose of going into such detailed expositions was to lay it all out on the table on where currently I stand with regards to what I am aiming for in the next quarter.

Keeping in mind the above limitations and accessibility / abilities my immediate goals are:

* Make USD 12,000 in the next 12 months
    * USD 2,500 out of the above 12,000 before 1st February 2017

So guys how do I set about achieving this target ? Need suggestions ASAP !!

P.S. I have some academic writing / copy writing experience from my previous endeavors in my home country but unfortunately I have lost contact with any one related to the said line of work as it has nearly been three odd years since my last contact with these folks.

ahmedwaqas92, Dec 20, 2016 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Perhaps you can set up a side business (to work at on nights and weekends) as a virtual accountant/bookkeeper for small businesses. You could list your services on various freelance sites, craigslist, etc. With your background in accounting and in accounting software, you might be attractive to small business owners.

jrbiz, Dec 22, 2016 IP
  3. sivric.marijan

sivric.marijan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great ideas by michael! Ahmed, can you save some money? It would be very hard for you to start earning that kind of income if you don't invest some money

sivric.marijan, Dec 22, 2016 IP
  4. degreubiwa

degreubiwa Banned

Best Answers:
    In the world of technology manual human work is unlikely to succeed for long. I would suggest setting up a website about your tax assessment business and bring in clients from there.

degreubiwa, Dec 22, 2016 IP
  5. JonnyRich

JonnyRich Member

Best Answers:
    You always need to invest online or you will never get anywhere.

JonnyRich, Dec 23, 2016 IP
  6. Best Seller

Best Seller Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm new to this forum, so this reply is a little late ... but better late than never.

Here's what you can do that is completely free of charge to you, no initial investment required:
    1. Set up a PayPal account and link it to your current bank account wherever you are.
    2. Set up an Upwork profile to offer your copywriting services on a freelance basis. You can easily expect to earn at least $15 per hour USD doing copywriting for others if you have a good command of the English language. So, you only need to work around 70 hours per month (17.5 hours per week) at writing on the side of your regular job in order to earn your $1000 per month USD.

Good luck to you! I wish you all the best with this.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    Best Seller, Feb 15, 2017 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  7. DynaDotRep

DynaDotRep Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Yeah I agree with Best Seller.
    Get a Paypal account (some sites also accept Skrill). Become a freelancer using your accounting and copywriting skills.

Best of luck to you.

DynaDotRep, Feb 16, 2017 IP
  8. pigpromoter

pigpromoter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Get a Paypal account and get some solid customers to write for. Just don't expect to find a lot of customers on DP though.

pigpromoter, Feb 16, 2017 IP
  9. jerytohn

jerytohn Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should try registering with some of the freelance websites like freelancer.com, guru.com, upwork.com and fiverr.com, There you can find online jobs related to your skills. Or since you're good at writing, you may want to start a free blog with blogger.com and start blogging and see where it takes you.

jerytohn, Mar 3, 2017 IP
  10. chalice

chalice Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Were you able to achieve your income goal last month?

chalice, Mar 19, 2017 IP
  11. Guntzenbach Conrad

Guntzenbach Conrad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ahmed could be as frustrated as I am. I live in Singapore and I am finding it SUPER SUPER hard to make money. I have tried fiver. I do not make much. Only a pathetic $5 a week. this is after spending $35 a week on advertisement. in other words, I lose money.

I have also done a million other things, llike web design/hosting/seo/design/flyer distrbution, but no customers.

Other than my day job, the only thing I find that is worth doing is UBER, lol.

Now I am at a lost situation also, I want to earn some decent money. I'm at the point where I do not know whether I'm born to be like this..

Can someone be my councellor.

Guntzenbach Conrad, Mar 26, 2017 IP
  12. chalice

chalice Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How you ever tried affiliate marketing or self-publishing Kindle books?

chalice, Mar 26, 2017 IP
  13. Zoti Media Group

Zoti Media Group Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Kickstart an Idea on kickstarter.com.
    Collect your ideas for one month, write them. On day 32 get an idea from those ideas you have collected and start it.
    Asking for someone to tell you how he earned wont happend believe me.
    Good luck btw.
    P.s never give up. When you are not in mood just think of Trump. If he can get billions am sure everyone on this planet can do trillions.

Zoti Media Group, Mar 26, 2017 IP
  14. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Offer VA in some forum

robyries, Mar 26, 2017 IP