1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I feel that I am selling my site too cheap :(

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by DreamRJ, Dec 22, 2016.

Hi all,

My listing is this one: https://marketplace.digitalpoint.com/tubenations-com.267297/domain

I have had bids from a user, but i just feel i am selling it far to cheaply, i reduced my reserve a week ago, and then after i did that i got bids.

My site has been valued at over $5,000 yet only have a bid of $500 :(

Any advice in what i should do would be greatly appreciated. I spent soo much time and money in my site and getting it to where it is today, I just think £500 is a steal for the person that is bidding currently.

I would just greatly appreciate it if people would bid at least $1,000 i would be happier at that price.

please let me know what i should do?

Thanks

Robert

DreamRJ, Dec 22, 2016 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Your site has a claimed revenue of $9.34 a month, who valued it at $5000? Personally I think $500 is a good price for the site, the site looks quite badly designed in my eyes.
    I understand you have put a lot of effort into building the site but you rarely get a return on the effort you put into building a site.
    If you feel it is too cheap then just cancel the bids and end the auction.

malky66, Dec 22, 2016 IP
    Arick unirow and jrbiz like this.
  3. DreamRJ

DreamRJ Member

Best Answers:
    My current bidder did!

Also when i use those value checking sites, that value websites, the average was around $2,000 but 1 values it at nearly $10,000.

http://www.worthofweb.com/website-value/tubenations.com/

DreamRJ, Dec 22, 2016 IP
  4. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    You do realise those sites are garbage, they are novelty value only. Worthofweb.com estimates your monthly revenue at $960 which in reality is roughly 100 times more than the revenue it's actually making (according to you).
    It also estimates your traffic at 320,000 visitors a month, do you get that many visitors??
    A site is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.

malky66, Dec 22, 2016 IP
    matt_62 and Arick unirow like this.
  5. DreamRJ

DreamRJ Member

Best Answers:
    My site does get a lot of traffic, not sure how accurate that worthofweb data is it is fetching, and where it gets it from. but if you look at my listing i posted in my original message above, you can see my data because i linked my analytics to it.

DreamRJ, Dec 22, 2016 IP
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If your revenue is $9.34 per month, then a fair selling price would be 1x of annual revenues or $112.08. $500.00 is, therefore, a great deal for you and you should take it quickly before the bidder changes his mind.

jrbiz, Dec 22, 2016 IP
  7. DreamRJ

DreamRJ Member

Best Answers:
    I do not agree with the part where you said it is just based on revenue, traffic is another huge factor, site design, member count too and also email lists. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. :) but thanks for the feedback

DreamRJ, Dec 22, 2016 IP
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you are right in that those other issues can affect the value of the website. However, the first question that I would ask, were I a potential buyer, is if traffic, member count, email lists are such great assets, why have they not produced better revenues for you? Ultimately, a business has to produce revenues and its value to most buyers will be based on that. If you have these great assets and want to sell the site for more than is being offered, why don't you take a little time to monetize them and prove that these assets will produce strong revenues for a buyer?

jrbiz, Dec 22, 2016 IP
    sarahk and malky66 like this.
  9. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Furquan Ahmed, Dec 22, 2016 IP
  10. DreamRJ

DreamRJ Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, firstly let me explain a bit of background to my site. Originally when I first came up with the idea for tubenations early 2015, the site was originally meant to have account upgrades for users, where they could pay to upgrade their accounts to get extra features and more points for submitting videos. And cos the site was struggling to get traffic at that stage, i then decided early 2016 to make the site free and scrap the member group idea altogether. I then focused a lot on SEO and got the site listed very nicely in google. Every video a user submits into the directory the title of that video then becomes a new search term in google searches. Also loads of other SEO work to make google like and list my site better. it taken many months. But the work I did basically worked and got the traffic to where it is now, and member count is growing on a daily basis and traffic is also still increasing.

But now getting back to your points, about monetising for the specific users, well the only revenue is adsense currently, I did make pages for advertisements/donations but none have donated or made orders for adspace either. But that still doesn't mean in the future that wont change. I still see this site has huge potential, I had big plans for it, and I still had new features i wanted too for the site. but as for monetising, I have pretty much maxed the allowed ads per page limit of 3 per page. I can not put anymore than that without getting penalties.

I hope this best answers your points :)

DreamRJ, Dec 22, 2016 IP
  11. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you have certainly written an answer, but it does not address the question of revenues. In fact, it makes it a bit more worrisome that you seem to have "maxed out" the revenue potential unless something changes in the future.

jrbiz, Dec 22, 2016 IP
  12. DreamRJ

DreamRJ Member

Best Answers:
    But how is it worrisome? at the end of the day, we have no control of *if users use adblock* I also chose not to force users/members to disable them too, I opted instead of a site notification in top right that pops up when a user logs in, that kindly asks users to disable to support us. Instead of the forcing of disabling which would then thus drive people away. And the fact traffic is always increasing on a daily basis, the revenue will grow more and more the more traffic, so that is not worrisome at all in my opinion. At the end of the day we have to stick to rules set by adsense.

DreamRJ, Dec 22, 2016 IP
  13. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, at the end of the day, you need to follow AdSense rules. But, as a buyer, at the end of the day, I have to know what I am investing in and, if it is a business, website or otherwise, the only real measurement for me is revenues. Not promises of future revenues, traffic growth, etc.

jrbiz, Dec 22, 2016 IP
  14. DreamRJ

DreamRJ Member

Best Answers:
    Yes i understand. Anyway thanks all for all the advice i now ended my auction and accepted and i am now in correspondents with the winner who has just messaged me and said he will start the process in escrow.

So thanks everyone :)

DreamRJ, Dec 22, 2016 IP
  15. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

No simple rule for this. Often value to the seller, is different to the value of the buyer. Sometimes a buyer may be interested in one part of the deal only (ie, the domain itself, or maybe custom scripts), and not place any value on the other parts of the deal.

Another thing to consider, is lets say someone is not interested in a website at all, but it earns money. An investor simply goes, income x months, and comes up with a number they think is fair, a number that represents the risk they take by taking over the site. Most sites would fetch 3-6 months income. Some sites do fetch 10-12 months income -> but this is normally high profile sites on flippa. For your site, for someone buying it only for its income, and nothing else, then solely based on income alone, $30 - $60 is the value, which is unfair. It is unfair, but its how it works.

Anyway, congrats on the sale. But in the future, dont let others tell you "what its worth". List it for what you need to sleep at night. If you feel the asking price is too low for the time and money you invested in, then put the price where you need it to be, and wait for the person that falls in love with it, rather then buying it based on income alone.

matt_62, Dec 22, 2016 IP
    sarahk and malky66 like this.
  16. DreamRJ

DreamRJ Member

Best Answers:
    ok i see, thanks :)

DreamRJ, Dec 22, 2016 IP
  17. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If you have accepted the bid in principle and have posted the bid as accepted then live with it. For to go back on it now will hurt your reputation on here, and your reputation is worth far more.

Spoiltdiva, Dec 22, 2016 IP
  18. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    qwikad.com, Dec 22, 2016 IP
  19. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    He might be thinking "Paid Video Listing" which as per current website owner got failed;)

Furquan Ahmed, Dec 22, 2016 IP