1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Images and SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Forsh, Dec 20, 2016.

Is anyone familiar a technique that will SEO images on a website?
    For example, any galleries with great exposure for the images in search somehow. I am stumped. Prior to the recent Google algorithm I had at least "one" images in Google Images, now there are none.

Forsh, Dec 20, 2016 IP
  2. Guntzenbach Conrad

Guntzenbach Conrad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    1. The page which contains this image must be optimized for the keyword you want your image to be found with.
    2. Your image title must be relevant to the ranking keyword of the page the image is in.

Guntzenbach Conrad, Dec 22, 2016 IP
    Forsh likes this.
  3. rf-harris

rf-harris Active Member

Best Answers:
    The name of your image file should be your targeted keywords. This would surely help showing your website's images in google results.

rf-harris, Dec 22, 2016 IP
    Forsh likes this.
  4. peterstein

peterstein Member

Best Answers:
    Optimizing images contains following steps:
    • Target keyword should be found in Alt-Text
    • Target keyword should be in your filename
    • Image should be as small as possible (compressed, page speed factor)
    • Image should be in image sitemap
    Best regards and good luck :)

peterstein, Dec 22, 2016 IP
    Forsh and dcristo like this.
  5. Auxi

Auxi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    alt tag - surrounding content - file name

Auxi, Dec 22, 2016 IP
    Forsh and dcristo like this.
  6. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Image/s must have alt tags, title, description because this will tell the search engine whats the image is all about and provide it to the users in search results.

KylieSweet, Dec 22, 2016 IP
    Forsh likes this.
  7. Forsh

Forsh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice, thank you for the suggestions. I think I trust your answers, because they all suggest similar things, so that's a pretty good indicator! If you were wondering why I ask such a basic question, it's because the world of SEO has changed dramatically from the time I fell into it in 2005 or so. My hiatus was due to some life circumstances, which sort of disrupted my being able to deploy websites and stay on the top of the trends. In 2005, you could literally backlink a website very easily. That's just the way it was then.
    Prior to that, I was chasing down every "photography" related directory to add listings. And, one time I actually made it into DMOZ -- which was pretty epic for awhile. Oh yes, I also got into Yahoo's directory without spending the $199 or $299 that you had to pay for inclusion. I forget the exact number.
    Negative SEO wasn't too much of a bother, Google had different rules at that time, and for the life of me I can't understand why they made some of the changes that they did.

So, old-guy reminiscing /off

The 2-things I can't get a grasp on are:

AMP & Over-optimizing pages within a website.

My websites were photography based and my CMS would do the heavy lifting for that. So many of my pages were images, with very little text -- so I had to rely on proper image management to be found. With all of the Google changes, I am not quite sure if this would be a bad thing or not. I have 19,000 frames (images) of my own that have never seen the light of day as of yet. They are all from the same street in Boulder, Colorado, which means:

Every page will have Boulder on the pages.
    The Alt tags will be similar for all images.

Every page will be so very similar, I just don't see Google liking that very much and by that I mean Google as the crawler/indexer. Generally websites don't have as many images as I want to make available, but I am a photographer, and that's what I do. So, that's why I ask, I am not privy to all of the changes made by Google over the past few years.

Forsh, Dec 23, 2016 IP