1. Quickly find sites and domains for sale in the marketplace based on criteria that interests you.

Enter Marketplace
  2. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Established but neglected FIFA gaming tutorial website

Discussion in 'Sites' started by dcuthbert, Dec 19, 2016.

Thank you for taking the time to look at this listing. I'll be completely honest - I want you to make a success of this site - so feel free to ask any questions, before or after the sale.

What is this site all about?
    This site is based around the Xbox/PS/PC game FIFA. There's a new version of FIFA out every year, and this site contains tutorials, information and blog posts about the game.

If you play FIFA then that would help with creating content for the site, but it's definitely not essential.

The site is a few years old, and has 77 published articles (all unique and written by me), however it has been neglected for a long time.

The FIFA market already has a lot of content creators - primarily on Youtube - who are making big money.

Why are you selling this site?

I had big plans for this site, but I really don't have enough time or passion to play the game or to work on the site any more. I still have dozens of ideas for the site - content, promotion etc - which I will pass on to the buyer.

How is it monetized?
    The site isn't monetized at the moment, however there are several income streams which I was planning to use:
    • Adsense
    • Promoting the game's pre-order release on Amazon
    • Affiliate scheme with FIFA coin sellers (the in-game currency - this is a big market)
    • Affiliate scheme with g2a and/or cdkeys.com
    These income streams are already used by the FIFA Youtubers with great success.

Does this site come with any social media accounts?
    Yes, there is:

Most of the followers on YT, FB and Twitter are from a social exchange site, however there are some genuine FB likes from when I used to comment on the official FIFA FB statuses.

What does the buyer get?
    The buyer will get:
    • The domain pushed to a Namecheap account
    • The website files and database (I can help with transferring these to a cPanel host if required)
    • The social media accounts, as listed above
    • My ideas for promoting the website and social media pages
    • My ideas for content for the website and social media pages, and tips on where to find content for inspiration
    • My email address to assist with any issues you have when running the site

How much time does this site take to run?
    Not much time - most of the tutorials can be written within a few weeks of the game being released in September each year. You can post news in the lead-up to each September release, and other than that you can post whatever you want in between.

What challenges are there with running this site?
    Driving traffic to the site and keeping the social media pages active, but I have dozens of ideas which I will pass onto the buyer.

dcuthbert, Dec 19, 2016 IP
  2. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 25
    As Buyer:
    81.8% - 9
    Nice job on this site, I would recommend it for just about anyone.

Me living in the US, I don't want to risk trademark infringement - however someone living in another country with a private server wouldn't have a problem.

Matthew Sayle, Dec 19, 2016 IP
  3. redlandgames

redlandgames Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    82.4% - 14
    I was going to ask about copyright issues

redlandgames, Dec 20, 2016 IP
  4. dcuthbert

dcuthbert Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 9
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    Thank you both for your interest.

I can almost guarantee that you won't have any issues with copyright. There are dozens of Youtubers who publish FIFA gameplay on a daily basis, and they have no issues. In fact, EA (who own the FIFA franchise) actually give some of the top Youtubers free ingame currency for helping to promote their game. Those Youtubers are actually publishing gameplay, whereas this website only talks about it (although you can expand into Youtube too) so I would say the odds of you facing copyright issues for promoting their game are minimal.

However - one thing I mentioned in the OP is that you can earn money by promoting coin sellers. Coin selling is against EA's terms of service, and Youtubers have had their EA accounts banned for promoting coin selling. None of them - to my knowledge, and I follow several FIFA forums - have faced any further punishment, they've just created an additional account and continued to play.

If those Youtubers haven't encountered any copyright issues for breaking the TOS while also publishing game content, I would say that running this website is 100% safe in my opinion.

dcuthbert, Dec 24, 2016 IP
  5. nkthen

nkthen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    80.0% - 28
    If I need to update with more information, where can I get them? Of course, I understand that I need to write them on my own.

nkthen, Dec 31, 2016 IP
  6. silencespr

silencespr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    85.7% - 6
    I paid for the full price and money was taken out why is it still showing for sale ?

silencespr, Jan 15, 2017 IP
  7. dcuthbert

dcuthbert Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 9
    As Buyer:
    100% - 3
    Thank you for buying!

I'm at work just now but I'll have a look as soon as I get home and try to end the sale.

Do you need me to transfer the site for you?

dcuthbert, Jan 16, 2017 IP
  8. silencespr

silencespr Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    85.7% - 6
    of course i need it moved over, don't want you paying my hosting fees =D

silencespr, Jan 16, 2017 IP