1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Rogue One anti Trump agenda

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by qwikad.com, Dec 11, 2016.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
    qwikad.com, Dec 11, 2016 IP
  2. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    When I mention the "lamestream media" I am not just referring to the "news" organizations. Hollywood, in general, is part of the leftwing propaganda machine. For the first time in my lifetime, there is a significant backlash against their obvious bias and it is encouraging. I give Trump a lot of the credit for calling out the media regularly.

jrbiz, Dec 11, 2016 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    upload_2016-12-12_13-42-2.png

I'm glad they did because I had no idea!

I suspect the storyline for the movie was set in stone long before DT's whimsy turned into a political possibility and definitely before his run for office looked plausible.

As for keeping quiet or not - there would have been meetings with the PR folk who would have bashed about ideas and decided that if the link is being made then why not capitalise on it. Real fans will go anyway and the boycotters probably would have waited until it came out on Netflix.

As for Hollywood becoming more liberal, I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes but in the content they deliver the theme of liberal breaking down barriers has been a constant theme for decades. Think footloose and dirty dancing. The alternative is Taliban style movies where the rebels want a more conservative society and want to rid the world of sin - Noah?

sarahk, Dec 11, 2016 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The problem is they're trying to label any white person who happens to be conservative "white supremacist". Take our colleges, they make the whites there feel guilty for the "sins" of their forefathers. Some white dummies publicly rejected and apologized for their "whiteness". It's really stupid and sad.

5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    If people can be negatively affected by what happened to their family generations later it's reasonable to assume that you might be leading a more privileged life because of the actions of your own ancestors. I can see that I have disadvantages because I'm female, but advantages because I'm white, middle classed and from a politically and economically stable country.
    Had I been born in Syria, even if male and middle class, my life would have been very different.
    I work with a woman of Greek descent and she can see that although her childhood was tough her life - culturally - is incredibly different to that of her cousins. She loves the freedom of self-determination that she gets here.

I can't speak for your colleges/colleagues/whatever but there are people doing far dumber things every day for much more trivial reasons. Acknowledging the root cause of some of the dreadful disparity that appears to exist in parts of America can't hurt.

sarahk, Dec 11, 2016 IP
    jrbiz and qwikad.com like this.
  6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    And a lot of people have been acknowledging and apologizing for centuries now. Literally. There should be an end to all the apologizing at some point, I hope.

jrbiz likes this.
  7. mmerlinn

mmerlinn Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Apologizing for someone else's sins is stupid and useless.

mmerlinn, Dec 17, 2016 IP
    jrbiz likes this.
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Only if you take it too literally. It's the recognition of the enduring harm and the enduring advantage of the actions that took place.

sarahk, Dec 17, 2016 IP
  9. Corwin

Corwin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's being said that there were some last minute tweaks made in the editing room to the movie.

Corwin, Dec 19, 2016 IP