1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Tips for E-mail Marketing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Klepon Pink, Nov 21, 2016.

Hi, I would like to share some tips for e-mail marketing. I think it will be more suitable for newbies. But I am open to feedback from the professionals.

1. Segment your database and send it to the right person. For example, you are working for a travel agent, you can survey and group your database based on their interests: shopping tour, nature, culture, or adventure tour. You can create a promotion based on their interest, e.g: 20% discount for climbing Mountain X with us.

2. Send weekly or biweekly emails. Research the right time and frequency by surveying your customers.

3. Create useful content, not only promotion. For travel agent, you can send packing checklist or tips to prevent/ reduce jet lag effects.

4. Make it personal. Use name to address your customer and use CEO’s name as the sender to make it more “personal”

5. Use Newsletter software to ease your work and to protect your company server detected as a spam, such as Aweber, Constant Contact, Mailchimp, etc.

Hope it helps

Klepon Pink, Nov 21, 2016 IP
  2. wanessmark

wanessmark Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great tips for beginners or intermediate ones, but it smells like a promotion :( I mean that link in last point :p

wanessmark, Nov 21, 2016 IP
  3. Klepon Pink

Klepon Pink Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't put it...not sure why it's there

4. Klepon Pink

Klepon Pink Member

Best Answers:
    Now it's OK :)

5. unlimitedoptions4us

unlimitedoptions4us Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi:

You should actually send emails more frequently than once a week or even twice a week. Try every other day.

Some of the gurus email every day (Mon thru Fri). They try to sell something 3-5 times per week. I think that is a bit much, but they are making money doing it, so it must work.

Good luck.

Dan

unlimitedoptions4us, Nov 21, 2016 IP
  6. emailmbooster

emailmbooster Member

Best Answers:
    It's a good post.

I just want to add some more like spintax to help you bypass spam filter.

If you use iMarketing Center, you can config Amazon SES smtp pro to send your email. It's a reputation SMTP server that will by pass a lot spam filter and Inbox deliver rate is high.

emailmbooster, Nov 23, 2016 IP
  7. marketingwiz

marketingwiz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Good post. I agree about surveying your list. I can't stand getting emails more than once per week. Another tip I'd add is instead of putting the content in the email, just put a teaser snippet and then a link to your blog or site to drive traffic.

marketingwiz, Nov 23, 2016 IP
  8. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A personal reach out to the target client would be more effective compared to sending emails to bulk list in which resulted to spam folders.

KylieSweet, Nov 23, 2016 IP
  9. Klepon Pink

Klepon Pink Member

Best Answers:
    It can be spamming for me. But perhaps it can work for different business... :)

Yup, that's a good point! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2016
    Klepon Pink, Nov 24, 2016 IP
  10. Aman chaurasia

Aman chaurasia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi there, thank you for sharing the tips. Quite useful for the newbies. Email segmentation and adding tags are the features which will help us in sending emails to the subscribers based on their preferences. In our hybrid email marketing tool called EasySendy Pro there are features like deep email list segmentation and adding email tags which help us in sending emails to our subscribers as per their past preference. Also, adding email marketing protocols like SPF,DKIM and DMARC records are also important. They do not allow your emails to land in the spam box.

Aman chaurasia, Dec 2, 2016 IP
  11. John-zeta

John-zeta Peon

Best Answers:
    Great tips for beginners.

I would add this advice: less words, more substance and graphic design.

John-zeta, Dec 2, 2016 IP
  12. intlum

intlum Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Go for mailchrimp

intlum, Dec 6, 2016 IP
  13. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I have dozens of lists with different topics, they each receive an automated email sequence. But when I broadcast I send to everyone. They are my subscribers, if they think I'm sending too much unrelated emails, they are welcome to unsubscribe and they can subscribe again whenever they please, I don't force anyone on my email lists.

JamesColin, Dec 10, 2016 IP
  14. Dana C. Beck

Dana C. Beck Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great post on tips for email marketing. I email my list everyday but set it up with my autoresponder weeks in advance, unless of course there's something urgent or important I need to communicate with my subscribers then I'll send it out the same day sometimes. But I like your point about sending out value not just "buy my stuff... buy my stuff...". The more value you provide the more subscribers you will end up getting and subsequently more opt-ins to your promotions. Thanks for the post! :D

Dana C. Beck, Dec 14, 2016 IP
  15. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    I would like to add one point that you miss.

Always have kick-ass headlines

Why? Because people go through their inbox every day to "delete" emails - if you don't know how to write great headlines, there's no point in learning any of the above tips.

How to create great headlines then?

Be straight to the point and say exactly what value is in the email for the recipients.

For example, " Get 20% more visitors in 2 weeks using this simple technique ", instead of "buy our newest traffic generation ebook now, it's ending soon"

You see the difference, right? Good!

Chad Eztraffic, Dec 16, 2016 IP
  16. eMonetize

eMonetize Member

Best Answers:
    I would highly suggest knowing the domain make up of your lists. That way you can set up / acquire seed accounts of the domains with the highest percentage of users. Then you can send tests and check your inbox placement. If you are having a spam folder problem, then you can test and isolate the problem and fix it, before ever sending a mailing.

Don't be fooled into to thinking that just because you are using a popular ESP, that all your mail is inboxing.

For many, simply setting up accounts with aol, gmail, yahoo and hotmail/outlook can account for up to 85%-90% of their list (including parent domains using the same mx). So at a minimum this is a good start.

If you are having an deliverability problem and hitting the spam folder, you want to check / test the following...

1) Back-end setup: spf, dkim, rdns, etc...
    2) IP / domain reputation: any IP/ domain associated with the mailing
    3) Content: anything in the message body / subject line and even the template

Email marketing success starts with good deliverability. All the other strategies won't matter if you are ending up in the spam folder. The above is simple to set up and test before you send a mailing. So there is no reason not to do it.

eMonetize, Dec 16, 2016 IP
  17. Ashqiur R

Ashqiur R Member

Best Answers:
    You have written very useful and informative tips. Really it will work well for everyone.

Ashqiur R, Dec 16, 2016 IP
  18. Caterina Christakos

Caterina Christakos Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Has anyone mentioned having something of value to give them on the front end to entice them to sign up? I always create a free report of value or a free mini course. Make sure that it is good content. Provide value and you will build trust.

Caterina Christakos, Dec 18, 2016 IP
  19. karen9999

karen9999 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Be honest in your subject line and make sure it reflects what's inside. State a clear benefit that makes the recipient open your message. Only messages that seem relevant and offer value will be opened.

karen9999, Dec 18, 2016 IP
  20. Abegail.s92

Abegail.s92 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Thanks for sahring :)

Abegail.s92, Dec 19, 2016 IP