1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Disappointed by online marketing (need expert advice)

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by BC Glasgow, Dec 16, 2016.

Hi Every Body
    I am working on budget computers, an online computer components and gaming pcs store based in Glasgow united kingdom
    I am basically website developer, and I develop and manage this site by myself
    firstly I relies on totally SEO and work day and night and see small improvements as for as website traffic is concerned. but no conversions so i start facebook advertisement and focus the targeted gaming and computers components interest
    I spent hundreds of pounds and have no results no conversion at all. even we have fair price structure.
    I need expert suggestion why it so.. people do not buy things using our website. sometimes I personally suspect .Biz domain is the culprit
    we are using www.budgetcomputers.biz extension since year 2001 and we are based in the UK.
    Kindly suggest me some expert advice, what should I do to show the results

Best Regards
    Cheers

BC Glasgow, Dec 16, 2016 IP
  2. josechukkiri

josechukkiri Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is surprising that no expert at DP has not replied on this question. I am too eager to know about such a question.

josechukkiri, Dec 16, 2016 IP
  3. Dana C. Beck

Dana C. Beck Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are many strategies that you can utilize to get quality targeted traffic to your site. If you do use FB ads, try to narrow down your parameters so that your potential reach is around 100 - 200K. Really target your ideal customers. Also have you tried buying traffic from solo ad vendors? This can be tricky too because there are a lot of traffic vendors out there that are scamers. But I'd start out small perhaps 50 to 100 clicks but no more than that until you see what kind of results you get. Then if the results are good, scale up from there. One of the most reliable vendors that I have used is UDIMI. I like them because you can see the ratings of all their solo ad traffic vendors and reviews on them as well. Hopefully this helps.... :)

Dana C. Beck, Dec 16, 2016 IP
  4. Chad Eztraffic

Chad Eztraffic Member

Best Answers:
    Your web design sucks.

It doesn't look like you've put a lot of thought into its UI and UX - and personally, it makes me question if the site/store is legit.

Now here's the juicy part.

There are thousands of ecommerce sites competing in the same niche as yours. How do you differentiate yourself from them? Why should the customers choose YOU instead of your competitors?

I notice that you said that you target buyers who are on budget BUT you don't make it clear anywhere on your website.

If I were you, I would get someone to help me revamp the whole website and user experience.

I assume if your website is like this, I am sure your store won't look far from this mess.

Chad Eztraffic, Dec 18, 2016 IP
  5. BC Glasgow

BC Glasgow Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot Dana C. Beck and Chad Eztraffic
    Chad what you thinks how my website should look alike. any suggestion.

Dana i am using your suggestion for facebook marketing.. we have some orders but i still believe not enough for ROI

Thanks Guys for your help

BC Glasgow, Dec 23, 2016 IP
  6. Dana C. Beck

Best Answers:
    Hey BC Glasgow, you more than welcome....

Dana C. Beck, Dec 23, 2016 IP
  7. Aman chaurasia

Aman chaurasia Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello their,
    Have tried your hands on email marketing? Well, you see in the first go you might not see that success just like that. You might fail, but keep trying to finally succeed. However, their few rules and regulations in email marketing that you must follow to see the growth of your brand name. Below, I am listing down few email marketing mistakes that you must avoid during the process:
    • Not Building Own Email Sending Reputation
    • Not Aligning Proper Sending Domain Name
    • Not Adding Latest Format Of DMARC Records
    • Not Adding Sending Domain To Google Postmaster And Microsoft SNDS
    • Not Following Proper Warm Up Process
    • Not Adding Mailbox To Email Sending Domain Name
    • Not Adding Proper Email Headers
    • Not Measuring Unsubscribe And Spam Compliant Rate
    • Not Using Proper Email Subject And Email Body Content
    • Consider choosing the right type of email marketing tool for the purpose.
    • Make sure that you have taken the permission from the audience before shooting emails or newsletters to them.
    • Do not buy list of subscribers as they will not help you in any way. Work on collecting email addresses through online and offline events. You can also use internet plugin tools for creating attractive website, subscription forms, etc. for the same.

Aman chaurasia, Dec 27, 2016 IP
  8. SEOwriterplus

SEOwriterplus Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree with Chad. Your website needs a HUGE overhaul.

It's just a mess of stuff right now, and it made me cringe just from looking at it.

You need to connect with your prospects, showing your website visitors who you are, and telling your story. And yes, you need some really good copywriting on this site!

Then, you need an opt-in form and you need something that would make people want to give you their name and email address. It could be something like a discount coupon or a guide to how to put together a budget computer. Or both.

Build your email list so you can build a relationship with your potential customers, and then send out a series of tips as well as info on special deals.

Then (on your website) provide details about the various product categories you provide, and why you provide them.
    Take a look at Amazon's product descriptions for an idea of what would work well!

Basically, I'd like to encourage you to approach this along the following lines:

What's your mission? Who is your audience? Why would they come to you, and what makes you special?

I would think that if you change your website so it focuses on YOU (and your team) instead of the stuff that's basically the same as that of countless other websites, it would work better.

Also, be sure to focus on your audience! Invite them in and tell them how you would be able to solve their challenges.

Focus on coming across as a friendly bunch of geeks who love to help people with their computers and have all the components they might need - and are happy to provide lots of help and advice along with the hardware.

I bet if you did that, your site would be MUCH more successful.

And I suggest you do all that before investing another penny in advertising. You need to have a much better chance at conversion first before you spend money on getting traffic.

I have lots more suggestions, but I think this is plenty for now...

Good luck!

SEOwriterplus, Dec 30, 2016 IP
  9. Dana C. Beck

Best Answers:
    Wow, great input, I found this really helpful. Thanks a lot!

Dana C. Beck, Jan 13, 2017 IP
  10. BC Glasgow

BC Glasgow Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes i also suspect overall design of the websites, Thanks Aman.. nice and unique input regarding email marketing..

Thanks SEOwriterplus.. for your time and suggestions really helpful. definitely i'll consider each and everything you suggest.

Thanks everybody
    Cheers

BC Glasgow, Jan 14, 2017 IP