1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The Worst Customer Service is in Paypal

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by greatmemar, Dec 12, 2016.

I developed a website for a guy and he paid me with Paypal, I get some deposit from him, then after working one and half month hard and give him the website files for balance payment, he refused to pay me the balance that made me very sad. But after few days I checked my paypal account and saw even the paypal refund the deposit to him, I still can not believe how this could happen, after 50 days how he can easily get back his money, On 29th of November I called paypal they said he reported that his account is hacked, if you have any documents you can send us we will reply you in 24 to 48 hours. I send them all the documents even the contract that they signed, then after 48 hours I did not get any reply, I called the paypal again she said they will reply me in next day, then next day also no reply, I called again then get my number and promised ask then person in charge call me in that day, I wait 2 days more but no call and no reply, I called them again and talked with person in charge, he said they will review my documents and get back to me in less than one week, now after 8 days today I call them again she said will reply me soon. I am really tired keep calling and not receiving a correct reply, the guy could refund the money after 50day in few days but now it is more than 2 weeks I even did not get a correct reply from paypal. I will never use the paypal again, they do not care about their clients at all.... :(

greatmemar, Dec 12, 2016 IP
  2. robyries

robyries Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Whats your country, and which customer came from..

robyries, Dec 12, 2016 IP
  3. greatmemar

greatmemar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am from Vietnam and my customer is from Singapore

greatmemar, Dec 13, 2016 IP
  4. ZackP

ZackP Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Why didn't you take money out and spend it in the first place? Did you know that buyers who pay by credit card have 3-6 months to claim chargeback? Now you have to fight even for those 50% that you already had in your hands.

ZackP, Dec 14, 2016 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Because that's the solution, right?
    Way to destroy your credit rating and create a world of trouble. The OP did everything right, even had signed contracts. The client needs to be outed and PayPal needs to get it's act together when the complainant can prove they are a regular business person going about a regular trade.

I don't have a lot of sympathy for the people exchanging money or buying game codes when they're underage and can't afford to gamble with the money they're throwing around but @greatmemar appears to have been doing regular work. The only thing that seems to be "off" is the Malay IP address.

sarahk, Dec 14, 2016 IP
  6. ZackP

ZackP Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't understand what are you implying? That it would be morally wrong to get half paid for completed work? OP completed a job for X amount. Got 50% for it and never saw the rest. And in the end lost everything and worked for nothing. What the hell would be wrong in cashing in first half? How would that destroy his credit?
    In my business we also ask for 50% downpayment for software, another 40% upon delivery and 10% after 30 days of using a software.

ZackP, Dec 14, 2016 IP
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    @ZackP what's wrong is thinking you can withdraw the money and not honour the PayPal disputes process.
    PayPal, on the basis of what is presented here, have screwed up big time, but two wrongs don't make a right.

sarahk, Dec 15, 2016 IP
    Agent000 likes this.
  8. Karly_C

Karly_C Peon

Best Answers:
    Sad to hear about your situation.. for all the paypal accounts what were truly hacked, I'm glad they're able to reverse wrongful payments. But falsely claiming your account was hacked as a means of conducting fraud, that's new. And Paypal should definitely pay greater attention to your case cos they're gonna be facing a lot more of these in years to come

Karly_C, Dec 21, 2016 IP
  9. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Not new at all, it's a very common dispute strategy.

sarahk, Dec 21, 2016 IP
  10. Karly_C

Karly_C Peon

Best Answers:
    Usually it's hackers who steal an account, make purchases, and then the real owner files for a chargeback. Now the real owner gets both the purchase and the chargeback.
    Both situations are equally terrible for people selling anything online.

Karly_C, Jan 5, 2017 IP