1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Indexing requested but nothing happens

Discussion in 'SEO' started by Fracisc, Dec 10, 2016.

I have a home decor blog where I add content pretty often. Lately I saw that google does not hurry to index my new articles. I requested a post indexing via the search console but after a day or two still not listed. BUT, a newer article is already listed. Which is strange..

Today I requested indexing of another recent post about a Christmas tree decoration but google does not want to index it.

Any idea why is this happening? A few days ago I changed the indexing speed to the maximum, but did not fix the problem, so I changed it back to default.

Fracisc, Dec 10, 2016 IP
  2. Envigo Digital

Envigo Digital Member

Best Answers:
    You can only request indexing of a URL. How often and when it will be processed it not under anyones control. Normall, website with higher trust or those more closer (link wise) to the seeding sites are crawled more often. Also you pattern of adding content is a strong factor in indexing frequency. When you add a new page here are some points you should consider.
    1. Add it automatically to your sitemap.xml and post feed if you have one.
    2. Put a latest post section on homepage or important / top level pages where the chances of getting discovered are the highest.
    3. Add you post feed to xml / feed directories
    4. CMS like wordpress have a auto pinging feature that handles this automatically. They ping top aggregation sites including google blog search bots.
    5. the more links that are around pointing to your page the better chances are there of getting discovered faster. It could be internal or external.

Envigo Digital, Dec 11, 2016 IP
  3. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To get index faster with Google promote your newly posted content on Social networking sites. The new posts are get index eventually. Submitting a request is not making your indexing faster.

iwebsocial, Dec 12, 2016 IP
  4. Fracisc

Fracisc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    "Submitting a request is not making your indexing faster"
    Then what's the purpose of that facility?..

Fracisc, Dec 12, 2016 IP
  5. thegr4

thegr4 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In google webmasters, you have a link where you submit the link as fetch as google and submit to index. Usually it gets indexed the next day. But if you have alot of links/webpages then it may take time specially if the content is not unique and your title and domain is not very relevant to what you have on your webpage. Here is how to get indexed quicker: http://ano.link/?blog.kissmetrics.com/get-google-to-index/

thegr4, Dec 14, 2016 IP