1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Which of these domains should I develop in the current market?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by John D, Nov 14, 2016.

Hey,

I have a number of domains that I want to develop but I haven't been doing much work online recently so I was hoping for a bit of help on which I should put money into please..

completediet.com
    bingodeals.org

decorationblog.com
    mobilegambler.com
    onlinepokerhelp.com
    ONLINETOURNEYS.COM
    pokerdiscussion.net

I have a lot more but I need to focus on a few at once.

Thanks for any help

John D, Nov 14, 2016 IP
  2. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    completediet.com and onlinepokerhelp.com are good domain names and mobilegambler.com is pretty good, too. Problem is that both dieting and online gambling are extremely competitive niches. If I was going to develop one of those, I'd probably go with one of the gambling domains. From the research I have done about gambling affiliate programs, the money is good--if you can get traffic.

billzo, Nov 14, 2016 IP
  3. John D

John D Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have done gambling for quite a while but it doesnt seem to be paying as much, I would really need something very unique on them but the ideas really aren't coming..

Thanks for the reply :)

John D, Nov 14, 2016 IP
  4. unlimitedoptions4us

unlimitedoptions4us Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    JohnD: Completediet.com is a great domain name.
    You could start off offering affiliate products until you built your own product and offered it on clickbank.
    Dieting is competitive, but you only need a small slice of that very large pie.
    Health and Wealth are two of the top niches out there.

Dan

unlimitedoptions4us, Nov 19, 2016 IP
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    CompleteDiet.com and MobileGambler.com are the best from the list in my opinion. All of them are in extremely competitive industries, so you have a lot of work ahead of you.

dcristo, Nov 19, 2016 IP
  6. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You know, I thought about doing a gambling-related site 2 or 3 years ago. Registered a domain name, and eventually let it expire because I couldn't find the time to work on it.

What kind of money can be made with gambling sites? I am curious. :)

billzo, Nov 20, 2016 IP
  7. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Boy, gluten free foods are a big topic around here (New England.) There is even a local restaurant that has a big sign about its gluten-free menu. Glutenfreesweets.com seems to be promising from that perspective. Depending on where you are shipping from, you might want to make it an ecommerce site offering these types of products.

jrbiz, Dec 2, 2016 IP
  8. gkd_uk

gkd_uk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    completediet.com

or

glutenfreesweets.com

gkd_uk, Dec 2, 2016 IP
  9. Markwilson22

Markwilson22 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Agree. But whatever you do go full bore!

Markwilson22, Dec 2, 2016 IP
  10. Mubashir.ahmad

Mubashir.ahmad Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It depends on what you are actually looking for. All of these domain are perfect and it will only be of some worth if you have a good concept behind it.

Mubashir.ahmad, Dec 2, 2016 IP
  11. Yoursuccesstoday

Yoursuccesstoday Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey!

I would use completediet.com. One thing that I see more and more is these fads diets that only cover say 80% of what is needed to successful weightloss.

Maybe you could develop an authority site covering everything you need to lose weight. sleep, exercise, eating properly, reducing stress etc!!

Good luck!

Yoursuccesstoday, Dec 2, 2016 IP
  12. John-zeta

John-zeta Peon

Best Answers:
    pokerdiscussion.net - nice domain

John-zeta, Dec 3, 2016 IP
  13. TheMummy

TheMummy Guest

Best Answers:
    Concerning poker-related sites: I have seen some minor buzz that with the current President Elect coming from a background open to gaming (gambling) specifically, and commerce in general, that the laws might lighten up for the online poker world. That could be nothing but conjecture, but there may be something to it as well. So, just a thought to consider.

TheMummy, Dec 7, 2016 IP
  14. OSHI Software

OSHI Software Member

Best Answers:
    I agree. I also worked in a field of gluten-free goods marketing before, and it's still big, easily targeted and not as competitive as gambling or dating.
    Now I also have a program in a field of antimalware, can tell you that it is also much less competitive and easier for targeting and earning money.

OSHI Software, Dec 8, 2016 IP
  15. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If I own that domains, I would focus only on good domains and let the other expire (or sale it).
    I would try to categorize it (I would give it score from 1 - 100. The score is based on my personal opinion):

A) Game => Gambling Niche
    1. BingoDeals.org
      The domain may look worthy but it actually has lower value than others. .ORG extension is the first negative point. In my opinion, the word deals is not bad but I prefer just deal (without 'S'). (Score: 49)
    2. MobileGambler.com
      It could be good site but I think it is not going to be easy to find someone who would say "I am a Mobile Gambler". I do understand the domain has potential to be great site if developed properly. (Score: 51)
    3. OnlinePokerHelp.com
      A domain which is very easy to be ranked for some keywords. However, the domain consist of three words which make it less worthy. PokerHelp.com might be good choice but someone has registered it in 2000. Fortunately, the domain is very easy to be remembered. I like it. (Score: 86)
    4. OnlineTourneys.com
      I have no idea what it means but I think it is a short name for Online Tournament. I didn't really like the domain but it has potential to be good site. (Score: 53)
    5. PokerDiscussion.net
      A very good domain. The drawback is: it is a .NET domain. Luckily, the .COM version is not well developed and could be easily outranked. A worth domain to be developed into great site. (Score: 86)
    B) Blogging => Health & Beauty
    1. CompleteDiet.com
      A very good domain which has lots of potential. If I own it, I would immediately turn it into great site. The niche may sound not too good for others but I know few ads networks which pay very high for Health & Beauty niche (especially on diet). In my opinion, it is not that hard to rank that domain for specified keywords. If the domain could be developed into a website which cover all information about diet, I have no doubt it would be great site in future.
      A domain which has a potential to be awesome website. The drawbacks are:
      - The domain is not well maintained in the past.
      - Not very good history (Domain Parking sometimes has bad effect on domain).
      However, both issues above could be solved easily by creating good sites and put some tweaks on it. The competition maybe is very hard but I always believe it is possible to outrank others as long as we know exactly the topic and use proper method to rank it. (Score 89)
    To summarize it, Three domains have potential to be developed into great sites. However, I always think it is not worthy to develop two domains which has some niches at the same times. So, it is wise to only choose two domains.
    1. For Blogging, I would choose:
      CompleteDiet.com and OnlinePokerHelp.com
    2. For Blogging and Forum/Discussion, I prefer:
      CompleteDiet.com and PokerDiscussion.net

Arick unirow, Dec 8, 2016 IP
    th.sigit and jrbiz like this.
  16. dumindushalika

dumindushalika Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest to develop any of .COM from your list.

dumindushalika, Dec 8, 2016 IP
  17. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I was about to say the same thing: Throw out the .net and .org and develop all the .com sites (or sell them).

qwikad.com, Dec 8, 2016 IP
  18. RCMSEOGUY

RCMSEOGUY Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd say keep the .com's, especially the diet one. I'm not sure what you intend if you want to make them sniper affiliates or general authority sites, but that would give you a good deal of relevance off the bat.

-Real Clear Metrics SEO

RCMSEOGUY, Dec 9, 2016 IP
  19. KevinP25

KevinP25 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm also suggest get .com domain. It has more value than other TLDs. You can either develop or sell it.

KevinP25, Dec 9, 2016 IP