1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

looking for places to make money online

Discussion in 'General Business' started by PlanA, Oct 19, 2016.

I've used upwork before, but I've been trying to diversify my talents. I'm a jack of all trades and I found an infographic at https://gospaces.com/blog/online-business-ideas and saw some good ideas. Has anyone used any of these locations to make some cash with any success?
    I do some graphic design work on the side and was looking to maybe do some icons on iStock.

PlanA, Oct 19, 2016 IP
  2. unlimitedoptions4us

unlimitedoptions4us Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi:
    You may be able to pick up some graphic design work at any of the sites listed below.

https://vitamintalent.com

https://www.upwork.com (you already use them)

https://www.fiverr.com

https://www.toptal.com

Good luck,

Dan

unlimitedoptions4us, Dec 3, 2016 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  3. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you're still interested in freelancing, have a look at sites like Warrior Forum. Check out the various work at home forums too. There are many ways to make money online. :)

danasurvey, Dec 3, 2016 IP
  4. ZoeZoe

ZoeZoe Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh I've tried the Upwork thing. There is definitely a hidden Upwork economy, but a lot of it is dominated by cut rate freelancers working in huge teams in countries outside of the U.S. There are other better online business models. Have you ever heard of affiliate marketing? Neither had I. But we have a friend who was traveling the world, using his laptop as his home office, making 7-figures/yr in affiliate marketing. No overhead, no product you have to manufacture, no customer service. You basically promote other companies' products. There's an overwhelming amount of info about it online, but get a mentor or coach. I know a great course that I'm taking now. It costs less than $50 and it's awesome. It's taught by a superaffiliate who basically has set up so many systems of passive income that he wants to make other people successful and change their lives like his was just a few years ago. He was previously a broke college dropout and even homeless at one point. His biography was enough for me to listen like crazy to the knowledge bombs he was offering! He practices what he preaches and is quite funny too. PM if you'd like a link to the course. It's less than $50 and super effective. I'm a newbie here in this forum and just want to contribute to the community. Good luck & cheers

ZoeZoe, Dec 6, 2016 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  5. sinGN

sinGN Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Any way you are a graphic designer,continue in that field.there are so many companies needs part time graphic designers. there are so many tshirt designing jobs available on online.

sinGN, Dec 6, 2016 IP
  6. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Really depends on what your goal is. You can make money on Amazon and eBay if you have products that people would want. You can make your own site to make money. You can join businesses or affiliate programs to make money. You can invest and/or trade stocks online now. Really, it will depend on what is your goal.

Milliardo, Dec 7, 2016 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  7. AdvancedLinks

AdvancedLinks Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    People are making great living from istock images. The amount of money you make is entirely up to you.
    It is a numbers game.
    If you want to make a living, you would need a big portfolio with loads of stock worthy images.
    If you look at the top selling Photographers in istock, these guys upload on a almost daily basis and they have a very good understanding of what designers want.
    If you are new there you may have to go through a steep learning curve. Good pictures do not necessarily make good sales. Pictures have to have a use, tell a story, support the product or service being sold.
    To answer your original question you can make a living there but you will have to put the hours in.

AdvancedLinks, Dec 7, 2016 IP
  8. dls2016

dls2016 Peon

Best Answers:
    Because you have a head start knowing graphic design, learning a litlle bit of some well know programing languages(hmtl, css, JavaScript, php, etc) you can start building your own site/s and start making money with them .
    You can have a look at a lot of affiliates programs but you can start with the ones that are very well known , like amazon , clickbank, softwareprojects, jvzoo, ebay...
    Find the niche that you consider it is the best suited for you and give it a GO.
    Good Luck!

dls2016, Dec 7, 2016 IP
  9. CpmStars.com

CpmStars.com Peon

Best Answers:
    What about freelancer.com
    Forums also marketplaces to promote your work.

CpmStars.com, Dec 7, 2016 IP
  10. KevinP25

KevinP25 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you these sites.
    https://www.fiverr.com
    https://www.freelancer.com
    https://www.designcrowd.com
    Please note that these sites have big competition. For success, you have to maintain a good reputation and positive feedback by giving high quality service.

KevinP25, Dec 9, 2016 IP
  11. GatewayXtreme

GatewayXtreme Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Agreed, you could can use any of the methods used above, some people also use affiliates, those that have a good reputation with the little negative reviews are usually trustworthy, the one that I'm using is Wealthy Affiliate, you can start your own business for free and use their platform for free, I made my own website http://alifeofgreatness.com/ from their training and platform, you could try that out, more information is also on my website if you are interested.

GatewayXtreme, Dec 10, 2016 IP
  12. Dana C. Beck

Dana C. Beck Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have used both Fiverr and Freelancer for my graphics needs and found some great developers. So if you're looking for a simple way to promote your talent, I think Fiverr and Freelancer would work well for you. :)

Dana C. Beck, Dec 10, 2016 IP
  13. zhy

zhy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have used freelancer.com. so far so good. as long as you have any skill and patient, you'll make it.

zhy, Dec 11, 2016 IP
  14. vivek gururani

vivek gururani Member

Best Answers:
    Designhill is the best option for freelance graphic designers. Here they can make a lot of money by selling their services to the clients in a hassle-free manner.

vivek gururani, Apr 17, 2017 IP
  15. zero00

zero00 Peon

Best Answers:
    I joined the wealthy affiliate program after being referred by this interesting blog post http://woodollar.com/how-can-you-make-money-with-affiliate-programs/
    Kyle the CEO offers one on one mentoring. All the courses, videos and community support are free. You can get by on the free membership but I believe the real value comes from the premium. There are only two plans, free and premium.

I would still be stumbling around in the dark if it wasn't for the courses. Over 800-000 members can't be wrong!

zero00, Jul 14, 2017 IP
  16. MrKing01

MrKing01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should start a website where you offer services based on the skills you have. If you are good at marketing this shouldn't be a problem for you. You need to have patience as it will take a while until you get the flow you want. It will be a slow start but once the ball is rolling you will have more work than you can offer.

MrKing01, Jul 14, 2017 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  17. danasurvey

Best Answers:
    And there are many ways to monetize the website itself too. :)

danasurvey, Jul 18, 2017 IP
  18. Tammy Edgerly

Tammy Edgerly Peon

Best Answers:
    There or many ways to make money online. Just depends on what your looking for and passionate about.

Tammy Edgerly, Jul 18, 2017 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  19. danasurvey

Best Answers:
    I agree with Tammy here too. If you are doing something you enjoy, it's easier to remain motivated and passionate about it in the long run. Try some different things and find what is best for you.

danasurvey, Jul 20, 2017 IP