1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

what is best way to upload youtube videos to avoid copyright issue

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by fadhi123, Aug 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. watkinswd

watkinswd Peon

Best Answers:
    I am retired; a "professional grandfather" so to speak. I take pictures of my grandchildren's plays and sporting events. Recently, I used windows movie maker to create a 3 minute video with a 100 or so photos of my 10 yr old granddaughters softball game in a slide show. She then added a music soundtrack to Taylor Swift's "Welcome to New York" which we purchased from iTunes (or maybe Amazon). I uploaded it as a private video to YouTube and got an email message back saying that the soundtrack had been muted to a copyright claim. Yikes. The distribution of this "movie" was going to be to the 11 little girls on the softball team. I have no intentions of charging anybody anything and thought that by buying the soundtrack it was ok to put on the video. Does anybody have any suggestions on how I might be able to make this happen? This is non-profit, entertainment. Is it "fair use" (whatever that is).

watkinswd, Apr 22, 2015 IP
  2. watkinswd

watkinswd Peon

Best Answers:
    actually, they are my own videos. It's just the soundtrack. So, are you saying I can't use the Taylor Swift soundtrack as background music for a "home video"? I guess that's the question. I think it's kind of like swatting a fly with a hammer, but, if that's the rule, I'll follow it. I just don't know enough about the rules and am too old to take the time to study it!

watkinswd, Apr 22, 2015 IP
  3. seotecher

seotecher Member

Best Answers:
    Even if a YouTube warning appears--its not necessarily--true that you will be sued..
    The general rule about digital copies is(only make a single copy)..
    Placing your video and copyrighted material on YouTube--violates the single copy-single user general rule..
    There is no advice..a COPYRIGHT is a COPYRIGHT.

seotecher, Apr 25, 2015 IP
  4. abajan

abajan Active Member

Best Answers:
    A tactic some employ to circumvent detection of copied soundtracks is to change the speed of the recording but YouTube will eventually find out.

abajan, Jun 25, 2015 IP
  5. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    fair use is for review comment or parody

and you can only play a small part of the whole song

using it as a background track is not fair use

pmf123, Apr 20, 2016 IP
  6. abajan

abajan Active Member

Best Answers:
    There's a site I recently discovered called Biteable. It took me around 30 minutes to create a 2 minute explainer video with their app. The only thing is that you're going to have to contend with their logo on the bottom right corner of every video you make. Of course, the logo gets removed once you upgrade to one of their paid plans.

There's an even better site called PowToon. As they say in their tutorials, cartoons are very persuasive. However, videos for commercial purposes aren't allowed on their free plan.

Hopefully, this has been helpful.

abajan, Apr 21, 2016 IP
  7. michael_jackson

michael_jackson Member

Best Answers:
    Can we avoid Copyright Issues by just adding a part in the start and in the end of original video..? will it help..?

michael_jackson, Apr 25, 2016 IP
  8. Diskretni

Diskretni Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nothing,you get nothing :D

Diskretni, Aug 14, 2016 IP
  9. sheikh123

sheikh123 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    best thing is that you should have your own recorded video of any kind and if any one else's video that needs to be edited first by available you tube converter.

sheikh123, Aug 26, 2016 IP
  10. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ContentID will find any part of video

pmf123, Aug 26, 2016 IP
  11. sginteractive

sginteractive Active Member

Best Answers:
    Make video with camtasia Software, and Upload .

sginteractive, Sep 21, 2016 IP
  12. michael_jackson

michael_jackson Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes we record videos from our camera but the audio in background are songs usually and without songs the dancing videos are not look good, every time my videos get notification of copyrights of Audio, what should i do to avoid these kind of copyrights issues..?

michael_jackson, Oct 9, 2016 IP
  13. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Use copyright free songs from youtube library

pmf123, Oct 9, 2016 IP
  14. GjB

GjB Member

Best Answers:
    You could try singing or humming instead of the real track. It sounds ridiculous, but if you're the first one to do it, then you might get a ton of views and go viral. It's worth a try.

GjB, Nov 22, 2016 IP
  15. Howie Vahedi

Howie Vahedi Peon

Best Answers:
    Try copyright-free songs available at the Youtube Library

Howie Vahedi, Nov 28, 2016 IP
  16. NiranjanSoft

NiranjanSoft Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Make own video is best suggestion. There are a lot of user's and all of them are hungry for new content , no one want to watch seen videos so make own video upload it and make money .

NiranjanSoft, Dec 6, 2016 IP
  17. Web Spero

Web Spero Member

Best Answers:
    Any video you upload on Youtube can be detected whether its original or copied. So better you should create your own video and then post it if you want to be safe from copy right.

Web Spero, Dec 8, 2016 IP
  18. Asifur Rahman Rakib

Asifur Rahman Rakib Active Member

Best Answers:
    when I search on youtube .sometimes I see same videos uploaded in differents channel without any editing.How is it possible? Any can help me.

Asifur Rahman Rakib, Dec 8, 2016 IP
  19. pmf123

pmf123 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Because the owners arent members of contentID and so have to find the dupes themselves and file a claim by hand

pmf123, Dec 8, 2016 IP
  20. Proaffili

Proaffili Active Member

Best Answers:
    Three ways to be certain you are using royalty free content in your YouTube videos.

Music:

If you need royalty free creative music for YouTube videos, there are lots of tracts available in the YouTube Creator Tool Audio Library – really nice tracks from which you can pick any one that’s appropriate to your need. You can also consider purchasing high-quality tracks from PremiumBeat.com. You can use these kinds of tracks and still monetize your video.

If you want to use images or photographs in your videos, it’s very important that they come from the Creative Common and Royalty Free Public Domain. That means you are free to use the images in your videos and monetize the videos. You can purchase royalty free videos from Sugar Stock, Big Stock Photo or Istockphoto. If you prefer going down the free path, there are places like Pixabay where you can get some free creative common images but their selection is much limited so you will do well purchasing some photos and images occasionally.

Videos sequences:

Finally, if you need Creative Common Video Sequences, search on YouTube for the kinds of videos you need and under the search filter, select CREATIVE COMMON. You can download these videos and use them in your videos and monetize those videos afterward. There is a video on YouTube presently titled ‘How to Avoid Copyright Strikes on YouTube’ – search for it and get all the information you need on this subject.

Proaffili, Dec 10, 2016 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.