1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

2017 Social Media Trends

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by theprince, Nov 10, 2016.

Hi,

I just came across an article about the prediction of the social media trends on 2017. The article talk about new applications and the 360° video platforms. In addition they are talking about the death of twitter and explaining some new long term social media strategies that may rock on 2017! You can read the full article here.

What do you think?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    theprince, Nov 10, 2016 IP
  2. longim

longim Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your sharing.
    Personally, I think video including live streaming like Facebook and youtube are doing...will be acceded in 2017.

longim, Nov 14, 2016 IP
  3. theprince

theprince Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes for sure live video streaming will rock on 2017! I see that people are getting more in this video craze, i found apps featuring people chating live via video and others commenting and seeing the conversation.

theprince, Nov 14, 2016 IP
  4. Klepon Pink

Klepon Pink Member

Best Answers:
    360 has actually been started last year as google has introduced visual business tour. But the issue is the price, which is quite expensive, and I'm not so sure if all the business can afford it.
    I agree that something like Snapchat and Instagram stories will be more popular in the future reflecting from this year trend.
    Youtube... yes, people crave for videos now.
    As you said, both record the journey! :)

Klepon Pink, Nov 20, 2016 IP
  5. VacationCrasher

VacationCrasher Member

Best Answers:
    I'm actually going to go against the grain on this.

Live video will be something people do, not companies because there's almost no way to monetize this without actively shilling a product in the video (so what you will see is lots of "check out this product" live videos that people will quickly tire of. You have to realize that Facebook paid out massive sums to major publishers to make sure they made live video during 2016, but those contracts expire soon so you'll see a lot of companies kill the concept since there's no monetization of videos and its' unlikely to start until Q3 2017.

Same with 360 video. It's awesome... if you have a VR rig. And while the tech has come down in price, remember that it took more than a decade for cell phones to reach any sort of market saturation and it's likely to take VR nearly the same.

The big trends of 2017 are... pretty much the same as 2016, until Facebook changes their algorithm.

Side note: Twitter sucks.

VacationCrasher, Nov 27, 2016 IP
  6. longim

longim Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for another point of view, lets see what happens :)

longim, Nov 29, 2016 IP
  7. VictoriyaClub_Support

VictoriyaClub_Support Peon

Best Answers:
    really thx for sharing! its really good

VictoriyaClub_Support, Dec 3, 2016 IP