1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I delete questions from Yahoo Answers?

Discussion in 'Yahoo' started by RandomUser01, Nov 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I would like to know if there was a way to delete your own questions to Yahoo Answers? How can I do this? I have asked YA this question on regards to deleting questions. However, none of the comments are very helpful. The two answers I get are:

1. Once you post a question and get a answer/best answer you cannot delete it.
    2. Once you post a question before you get a answer click on the pencil icon and delete your question.

So far this isnt very helpful for me and I would like to have the ability to delete or remove my questions on the site. Since the new look on YA would not let me do it I would like to know if there are other ways on how to delete the questions?

RandomUser01, Nov 27, 2014 IP
  2. JackjenHilton

JackjenHilton Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, there is really no way of deleting your answer if it already has an answer. You can only delete a question if no one has answered it yet. If that's the case, here's how to delete it:
    1. Open question
    2. Next to the question there is a pencil or like that click it
    3. Then you can DELETE if no answer yet

If in case someone has answered it already, the best option you have is to make yourself ANONYMOUS or ADD DETAILS

JackjenHilton, Feb 4, 2015 IP
  3. consul

consul Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am just wondering. Is your question really that bad that it needs to be deleted? If you, then you can probably try contacting Yahoo management for this. There is I suppose a Yahoo! support contact on their website.

consul, Feb 4, 2015 IP
  4. aceriker

aceriker Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    Ask few for your friends to mark that query as spam, so that your query may get removed.

aceriker, Feb 12, 2015 IP
  5. corporatemanager

corporatemanager Member

Best Answers:
    Once done (and it has answers from other users), you as the admin can not delete it, until unless you have enough valid complaint from other users to remove it. You may want to try that method by getting your friends, families, etc to send complaints on that particular question. You would need to give valid reasons for complaint.

corporatemanager, Oct 28, 2015 IP
  6. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was wondering the same thing. If the question really isn't that bad, I wouldn't worry about it.

danasurvey, Oct 29, 2015 IP
  7. nhc1987

nhc1987 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, sometime I myself feel that I should haven't posted the question, so just want to delete it from my YA account

nhc1987, Oct 31, 2015 IP
  8. Mehak Dhiman

Mehak Dhiman Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    anyone can tell me one thing that what is the benefit for me to doing posts on forums? because i do not have any website or something else for promotion.

Mehak Dhiman, Nov 17, 2015 IP
  9. Drake Nicholson

Drake Nicholson Member

Best Answers:
    Click on the title of the question you want to delete. Then your question will be opened. Move your mouse over the icon "pencil" and a menu will be shown. Select "Delete Question" and click on the button "Delete" in the following message box to confirm your deletion.

Drake Nicholson, Nov 30, 2016 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.