1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

California regulates cow farts

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by qwikad.com, Nov 29, 2016.

Congratulations California, you did it again!!

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/220448846-story

Despite strong opposition from farmers, Gov. Jerry Brown signed legislation in September that for the first time regulates heat-trapping gases from livestock operations and landfills.

[​IMG]

qwikad.com, Nov 29, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    We've (ie New Zealand) had all that too and there's no doubt that by turning forest into pasture and putting farty cows on it that you are having a negative impact on the planet.

HOW-FUCKING-EVER when you compare the deforestation and cow farts to the cars/trucks/planes/factories, hell even one NASA rocket launch I suspect you'll find they have no statistical significance.

sarahk, Nov 29, 2016 IP
  3. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Yep... even if cows made up 100% of agriculture greenhouse gas emissions (which they don't), it pales in comparison to the rest.

All agriculture is ~9%. https://www.epa.gov/ghgemissions/sources-greenhouse-gas-emissions

That being said, I guess I can't fault them for trying something. I suppose turning cow manure into electricity instead of greenhouse gases is a good idea even if it sounds silly. lol

digitalpoint, Nov 29, 2016 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    This may work. :)

[​IMG]

qwikad.com, Nov 30, 2016 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    This is the country that puts cows in sheds right?

What's the carbon footprint of running one of those?

upload_2016-12-1_15-40-21.png

if the climate isn't suitable grow something else... but if buffalo coped without sheds, surely cows will!

sarahk, Nov 30, 2016 IP
  6. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Dairy really isn't good for you to be eating anyway (milk, cheese, etc.), and while beef is delicious, bison is way more delicious. I say get rid of all the cows and just raise bison for me to eat.

digitalpoint, Nov 30, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  7. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    The beef industry is propping up the corn industry and that's one group that is going to be hammered in the next decade. The backlash against high fructose corn syrup is going to decimate that part of the market, the drive for "grass fed beef" (because that's what cows are supposed to eat) is going to kill the feed market. They'll be hoping like hell that the ability to turn corn into fuel works out.

sarahk, Nov 30, 2016 IP
  8. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    California might as well regulate cows, too. They have basically regulated and taxed themselves out of any hope of prosperity for the foreseeable future. Were it not for international migrants, California would have a net loss of population the past 5-10 years. The middle class is leaving in droves, leaving only the poor and the high income types according to the demographers. Governor Moonbeam is leading this charge, of course.

jrbiz, Dec 1, 2016 IP