1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Start & Build Your Own Website (for Newbies)

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Klepon Pink, Nov 24, 2016.

I want to share some first steps for building your website

1. Learning from other websites. It might take long to research from a few different websites. It can take days, weeks, or months until you find out the visitors that you target, the tone, and the language that you should use

2. Research what the visitors need. After defining the targeted visitors, you need to find what they need. You can join some communities that might be part of your desired readers, jump into Quora to find some question related to your field.

3. Make sure the content is worth reading

It has to answer the questions that your type of visitor might “google”. So it should be educative and written in a precise tone and language.

4. Buy your domain. Make yourself stand out with your own domain. I myself think that those who don’t buy their own domain names, don’t really take the websites seriously. The easiest one is that you make a blog using Wordpress or Weebly and buy the domain.

5. Monetize your website using banner ads. The most popular solution will be installing Google AdSense, but the verification process is quite long and there is a number of requirements you must fulfill before getting your account approved. It is easy to get banned for life though, and it takes up to 45 days to receive your payment. I personally tried using other alternatives along with AdSense (Taboola, Outbrain etc), but right now I stick with Payclick as they provide full support and pay every week.

Klepon Pink, Nov 24, 2016 IP
  2. prateeksha

prateeksha Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can save a lot of time by hiring other web designers to do the work for you. and you can solely concentrate on "Monetizing your website"

prateeksha, Nov 25, 2016 IP
  3. Klepon Pink

Klepon Pink Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I agree, but the owner of the website should know the content and why he creates a website not only because of a trend...

Klepon Pink, Nov 25, 2016 IP
  4. ericastone

ericastone Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    This is a golden tip. Most newbies spend too much time on trying to develop a site for their business, ending up with a messed up one.
    The best approach to this is to get a trustable professional to create your site and throw in some SEO to kickstart the business...
    The trusty guys on SEO/web development i would personally vouched for are from pickyourcraft.com
    Don't bother going to freelancer, u will get really dirt cheap bids for your projects but the quality of their work is absolute rubbish.

ericastone, Nov 26, 2016 IP
  5. marketingwiz

marketingwiz Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Good tips. I would add creating a lead capture form on the home page. Maybe the most important function of any website IMO.

marketingwiz, Nov 26, 2016 IP
  6. mp9087

mp9087 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think people should stop trying to imitate other sites. Be Distinct, stand out..

mp9087, Nov 27, 2016 IP
  7. The Fresh Prince

The Fresh Prince Active Member

Best Answers:
    I agree that yes this can save time but some new people might not have the cash yet.

I think its a good idea that anyone new to internet marketing can at least learn how to install and build a wordpress site. It doesn't take long and will benefit them more knowing exactly which buttons do what in the back end.

The Fresh Prince, Nov 27, 2016 IP
  8. Irene_Loor

Irene_Loor Peon

Best Answers:
    I can recommend you an interesting blog on website building and promotion that can be useful for you. Unfortunately, I cannot add links to my posts yet, so you can google and find it on your own. browuse.com

Irene_Loor, Dec 1, 2016 IP