1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to choose products to sell?

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Mysticwonton, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Helparo

Helparo Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe that you need to find a niche that has not been exploited by other businesses. The most successful and popular audiences are probably taken and dominated by great players on the market. Therefore, you should do some great research and look for niches that others have not sought yet. The online market is developing everyday and thus, new types of customers are being discovered.

After you have established your niche, you should analyze the characteristics of those people and try to think about their needs and interests. Then you can easily decide on what product you can commercialize.

The products are also an important part. It is essential to take into consideration the following aspects:
    • Can you contact a provider for your store?
    • Do you afford to pay that provider?
    • Do you have the resources to sell that product (e.g. transportation)?
    • Are you able to deal with huge demands and orders?
    These are just a few details to bare in mind. However, if you manage to find solutions and see open doors when you think about these issues, you are most probably on the right track.

Helparo, Sep 6, 2016 IP
  2. acido255

acido255 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    if you are selling amazon products
    you can use
    Keepa and Camelizer plugins for this purpose to research the product.

acido255, Sep 17, 2016 IP
  3. jaguar34

jaguar34 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I wish to sell authentic Footwear and Ladies Bags on ebay but finds it hard to find low cost dropshippers. I found 1 dropshipper though its asking to order minimum 100 products and they don't list well know brands also.
    Suggest some dropshippers listed authentic well known brands in this product category?

jaguar34, Sep 20, 2016 IP
  4. Atena Sanfore

Atena Sanfore Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,

Here are the main factors to search the best product to sell on Amazon.

1. Research Best-Selling Products on Amazon
    2. Know The Right Criteria
    3. Analyze The Competition
    4. Identify Customer Passions
    5. Consider Going With Your Experience

I was also new seller but I hired a team to suggest me some products and they really suggested me the best products and now getting around 200 sales per day.

Thank You

Atena Sanfore, Sep 27, 2016 IP
  5. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    If a supplier requires a minimum order quantity of 100 items, they are not dropshippers.

Anyway, don't even consider selling well known brands unless you can buy them from a licensed distributor.

Whatever you can buy from a dropship wholesaler you can buy much, much cheaper direct from the manufacturers in China or other countries. I have taught hundreds how to do it safely. You can bank the profit you would otherwise be giving away to the wholesaler.

For ideas on what is involved, or to ask questions, see my thread: Ask Me Anything About Product Sourcing and Importing

Walter Hay
    Provenchinasourcing

Importexport, Oct 20, 2016 IP
  6. Aravision74

Aravision74 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can find out from Amazon what are the top 10 sales, and then go to Alibaba to buy them cheaper. If you are doing a blog with reviews you are better off talking about products you or someone you know loves and can give testimonials. Because people buy from vendors who give them elements to decide. I've always sold high end products where the competition is less but where you "need to be convinced to be convincing".
    I also like digital products since it doesn't cost hardly anything to send them neither to refund them or send them back. And there is a 800 million dollar industry out there and growing every year.

Aravision74, Oct 21, 2016 IP
  7. Importexport

Importexport Member

Best Answers:
    Unless you know how to sort out who is who on Alibaba you will usually finish up dealing with a trader or wholesaler and not with a real manufacturer. Lots of people talk about buying "wholesale", not realizing that they are throwing money down the drain if they buy from wholesalers.

Wholesalers buy from the manufacturers, then add a big margin and sell to you. If you can find the actual manufacturer and buy direct, you can pocket that extra margin.
    Here's an important clue: Only consider dealing with those suppliers on Alibaba who display this logo: upload_2016-10-22_9-59-43.png Assessed Supplier. These are the only Alibaba suppliers who have had any real investigation done to see if they are genuine manufacturers with the necessary registrations to export etc. Read the entire Assessed Supplier report before contacting them.

I suggest you do a lot more research into safe sourcing. You could start here: Ask Me Anything About Product Sourcing and Importing where you can ask questions about safe sourcing and importing.

Walter Hay
    Provenchinasourcing

Attached Files:

Importexport, Oct 21, 2016 IP
  8. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sell something that you are interested in yourself. Nothing is greater than something that you're interested in. If you like bags, then most likely you should sell bags. An advantage of that is you already know what you're selling, more ot less. You can talk to any customer about it and not feel like you're forced. You can talk about it all day, and most likely you will convince the customer to get one also. (yes, I know this thread is more than 4 years ago, but it's still relevant...)

Milliardo, Oct 24, 2016 IP
  9. Lucyeva

Lucyeva Peon

Best Answers:
    There are a variety of ways to find out what is hot selling product. if you want to start an online business that serves the local inhabitants then try to find out what is trending in your locality, else if you want to run a store on an international level then you can give google a try to find the hot selling products, moreover visit the different stores online and see what they are putting on their store.

Lucyeva, Oct 24, 2016 IP
  10. seonewbie85

seonewbie85 Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, to choose the proper niche is important. I rely on this article from AliDropship blog - https://alidropship.com/best-dropshipping-niches-ultimate-list/. I like this blog, 'coz it helpes me a lot as I started my dropshipping business, so i recommend it to you.

seonewbie85, Nov 4, 2016 IP
  11. Bhavna Malhi

Bhavna Malhi Member

Best Answers:
    Choose those products that are in demand.

Bhavna Malhi, Nov 4, 2016 IP
  12. skysd

skysd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Amidst others, what you wish to sell depends on the following factors.
    1. Interest
    2. Well-rooted knowledge in that enterprise.

skysd, Nov 20, 2016 IP
  13. ericastone

ericastone Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    something that interests you so that in the long run u won't feel burnt out revolving around that topic :)

ericastone, Nov 25, 2016 IP