1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is Hostgator the best webhosting company?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Vincentius Ronalto, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Encopyho

Encopyho Peon

Best Answers:
    What is the uptime guarantee? (Anything less than 99.9% is unacceptable)

Encopyho, Nov 1, 2016 IP
  2. travelwithbeatris

travelwithbeatris Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have been with quite a few hosting companies in the past, but honestly I have only found one in my own country and I am so happy with them. There packages are great, you decide if you want to pay via monthly however I am not sure if they support other countries as well. Bisnet no really some hosting companies are not for everyone, but it all depends on your needs

travelwithbeatris, Nov 1, 2016 IP
  3. zacharooni

zacharooni Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The "best" web hosting is generally not the cheapest or biggest. Ideally, the best for me would be one that has responsive support that just gets it, and has a clear scope as to what is and isn't supported, with a moderate price point, and discounts on tenure, incentives to participate. As a developer and sysadmin, I can tell if a host was set up 15 years ago with a business plan, or if it was set up last night by a kid in his basement. I prefer to monitor my own systems, but having someone watching my back that knows what they're doing while I sleep is always a plus.

Having worked for HostGator before it was acquired, I can say that it used to be one of the big ones, perhaps not the best, but certainly very large and paid well. At a certain point, you simply have too many customers and employees to manage and everything becomes a numbers game, and that gets passed on to the customer, and that's just not right. Even the best technology can't fix broken client relationships. I've worked at other competitors, and seen interesting strategies for managing workload and customer relationships. Each one had it's pros and cons, levels of sophistication, and was nice to see that there are indeed companies out there that respect your time and effort and hard-earned dollar to get your business taken care of.

If you haven't found a host that treats you like a regular, you're welcome to message us to see if we're a good fit for your business requirements at Kualo.com. Hopefully so, but if not then good luck in your search for the host that works for you!

zacharooni, Nov 1, 2016 IP
  4. Dowsons

Dowsons Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    We can't say that about HG definitely, their reputation is doubtful, some webmasters claim they have really weak service.

Dowsons, Nov 2, 2016 IP
  5. Gagsburg

Gagsburg Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It was good long time ago but now they work not very well IMHO.

Gagsburg, Nov 14, 2016 IP
  6. ScissBee

ScissBee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    In fact there is no single best hosting provider company. Any host can satisfy one client and not satisfy another, everything depends on demands.

ScissBee, Nov 14, 2016 IP
  7. Bony1454

Bony1454 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Any experience is unique and only after trying this or that host gives you right notion of the activity of the host.

Bony1454, Nov 21, 2016 IP
  8. hirensurve

hirensurve Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I was using hostgator for my blog wordpress hosting. Until i found lot of downtime and website was poorly slow. I moved on to siteground and have no issues with speed and downtime.

hirensurve, Nov 21, 2016 IP
  9. Lamorld

Lamorld Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is "very" important for you to be able to communicate with your host well, because they want your site up just as much as you do, because it looks good on them as a company. If they blow you off, or don't listen to your specific needs, don't be afraid to go somewhere else, because its very important for a host to do that, no matter what the size of the company is.

Lamorld, Nov 22, 2016 IP
  10. Galperin

Galperin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As I know hostgator was good but now their services work with some glitches.

Galperin, Nov 23, 2016 IP
  11. degreubiwa

degreubiwa Banned

Best Answers:
    Hostgator will give very slow servers and oversold most of the times. They have such popular name because they have the highest number of affiliates promoting there website. Better go with other providers like crocweb or knownhost as they have much better server configuration for shared hosting plans.

degreubiwa, Nov 24, 2016 IP
  12. syda

syda Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Hostgator took 3 months to transfer my sites from my shared hosting account to my new reseller hosting. I ended up buying my reseller hosting from inmotion and transferring the sites myself. Their support sucks.

syda, Nov 24, 2016 IP
  13. alexanderpaul

alexanderpaul Member

Best Answers:
    One of the Largest Web Hosting.
    It is one of the world's top 10 largest web hosting companies with more than 8,000,000 hosted domains.

alexanderpaul, Nov 24, 2016 IP
  14. Paul Martin Luther

Paul Martin Luther Member

Best Answers:
    Advisable to host your domain names in several web hosting places.
    There is no single best but the long established ones are among the top.
    Last but not least, the uptime and load handling when your website has increasingly high visitors.
    The last points always push us to move to other places and finally vpn.

Paul Martin Luther, Dec 8, 2016 IP
  15. renlok

renlok Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Avoid them like the plague IMO I hosted some sites with them a few years back, they where slow often down then to make things even better they terminated my hosting account mid-contract with no warning and for no reason

renlok, Dec 8, 2016 IP
  16. Matthew Sayle

Matthew Sayle Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I've used HostGator for 10 years and have been generally satisfied.

I have a $5.00/month shared server right now with 25 websites on it - each runs great.

However, when a site gets too large - I move it over to a VPS (still HG).

Matthew Sayle, Dec 9, 2016 IP
  17. kunalP

kunalP Member

Best Answers:
    Know that most of the companies are owned by a single group. For instance, hostgator, bluehost, bigrock and other player in the market are all owned by one single group of company so whatever you go with your experience might be the same. You might wanna try some new comers as well

kunalP, Apr 10, 2017 IP
  18. Leasedlayer

Leasedlayer Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you to check out the customer feedback on Hostgator services and support on review sites or on popular forums.Also check contemporary hosting service providers providing top quality services at affordable rates.

Leasedlayer, Apr 11, 2017 IP