1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Thinking of switching hosts

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by FallenShadow, Sep 14, 2016.

So, for a few years now, I've been using LiquidWeb's shared hosting plan and it's honestly been better than any I've used and I really loved it. Even falling 2 months behind on payment's once or twice never got my account disabled or slowed in anyway.

But recently, they sold all their shared hosting accounts to "focus on dedicated services" and a company called Deluxe Hosting bought them all. The pricing is staying the same and my services are staying the same (ie Storage and transfer) but I don't really know how I feel about a company I've never heard of.

I was wondering what some others use and think. I was thinking of at least temporarily moving to a shared hosting account on NameCheap.com. It would save me a bit of money for the time being as the first year for the shared account is 20$.

Alright, so babble aside, what do you think of NameCheap's shared hosting and their VPS. What are some other strong and decently priced hosts that are worth looking into?

And please, I don't really care for any of the 1000s of "member host services" that I know are here. I'm looking for something established and reliable.

FallenShadow, Sep 14, 2016 IP
  2. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you just stay where you are and see how it goes? Why move now when there are no problems yet and may never be?

billzo, Sep 14, 2016 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  3. FallenShadow

FallenShadow Active Member

Best Answers:
    Because I'm already starting to have minor issues as well as having paid my bill and still receiving emails stating that I have a passed due balance. I don't like how their customer service is ran, either.

FallenShadow, Sep 14, 2016 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    Nigel Lew, Sep 14, 2016 IP
    FallenShadow likes this.
  5. LorisZ

LorisZ Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Check their reviews, Or contact the support team directly. As Customer support is very much important, Consider the one who can provide you best hosting support.

LorisZ, Sep 14, 2016 IP
  6. JeffMichaels

JeffMichaels Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's definitely not a good sign. We've had a number of refugee clients join us from other hosts and their horror stories often begin with "host A was acquired by host B, then the billing practices began to slip".

JeffMichaels, Sep 14, 2016 IP
  7. VerdinaNET

VerdinaNET Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Don't rush that much just because the comapany changed. Just wait and see. The infrastructure is the same right ?

VerdinaNET, Sep 15, 2016 IP
  8. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Okay. Every host will have little bumps in the road from time to time. Best option is to sit tight and give it a little time to resolve. Obviously, if problems are impacting your revenue or are long-term, jumping ship would be something to consider.

StableHost and HawkHost were/are two that get good reviews, with the first stating publicly that he tries to keep his CPU utilization around 1/3rd of capacity so the servers are fast. He also doesn't hesitate to suspend resource hogs to keep server performance good. I've been using A Small Orange since 2007 and they have been good the entire time and still are great. Their CPU utilization is about 1/3rd of capacity on dual CPU servers and pages always have loaded fast. That's 3 suggestions there, one with personal experience.

If you do go with Namecheap, report back on your experience.

billzo, Sep 15, 2016 IP
    FallenShadow likes this.
  9. pupul

pupul Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Used Namecheap for 1 year & now bought KVCWebhost for 3 year plan. Both are SSD hosting.
    I'm feeling Namecheap is good & KVCWebhost is better in performance for SSD shared hosting.

pupul, Sep 17, 2016 IP
  10. radwebhosting

radwebhosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    You would be better off at RepriseHosting or IWFHosting

radwebhosting, Sep 17, 2016 IP
  11. Mike Lee

Mike Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here are few web hosting service providers you might want to have a look:
    • SiteGround
    • A2 Hosting
    • BlueHost
    • Inmotion Hosting
    • DreamHost
    • DigitalOcean
    If you are using WordPress, the below web hosts are focusing on WordPress:
    • Flywheel
    • Pressidium
    • Cloudways
    • WP Engine
    • Kinsta

Mike Lee, Sep 17, 2016 IP
  12. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There’re many big guys in hosting industry that you can rely on, however according to me, there’re 3 big guys that I usually use to host number of websites on them. 3 of them are Godaddy, iPage and Namecheap.

With Godaddy, I usually get big discounts via email, the most percent discount I’ve got are 30% off and 25% off on new orders. More, they have a very professional and comfortable control panel that can help me much in my domain management. It's very easy to transfer or renew when I need to do. When my domains get expiring, I’ve always get notification by them, that’s very good.

With iPage, currently they’re offering the coupon with a huge discount upto 83% off on hosting, I think that they’re one of the cheapest hosting now. Their support also good and fast. The hosting features are good too, with some unlimited resources such as disk space, bandwidth,…

With Namecheap, they have a very good and friendly support team that can help you almost instantly, I’ve contact them many times and each time was let me very happy and rate them 5 stars in supporting. Namecheap also give monthly coupons that can help you save 10% on domain purchasing and save 25% off on your hosting, VPS purchasing.

So I would like to recommend 3 hosting providers above to you. I hope this helps.

Good luck to you!

daica85, Sep 18, 2016 IP
  13. MechanicWeb-shoss

MechanicWeb-shoss Active Member

Best Answers:
    Buyouts in the hosting industry hardly goes without issues. So, minor issues are expected and it is wise to jump ship. We have seen buyouts before and many of them are horror stories.

That being said, what is your website about? Is it a WordPress based site? Do you have any bandwidth/storage/feature requirement? Do you have a location preference? Well, there are many providers who have been around for years but a lot will depend on your requirements in choosing any of them.

MechanicWeb-shoss, Sep 27, 2016 IP
  14. MikeGee

MikeGee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This Company "Deluxe Hosting" that Liquidweb decided to sell its shared hosting to is the same company that prints checks, like personal "blank" checks, they have been doing that for 100yrs...well, they should have stuck with that, their shared hosting is just a mass "site mill" slow, clunky and the tech support is farmed out overseas, you get a lot of canned answers and then they just cut my account for bandwidth overage..... its funny I was looking at my bandwidth usage over the past year and it suddenly shot up this month soon after the transfer from liquidweb, and no, these accounts are not on the same hardware they were transferred over from liquidwebs hardware I'm really mad at liquidweb and despise deluxe hosting for even calling this service "web hosting" on top of all of this deluxe went into my files and rendered my wordpress section inopearable, and says they cant fix it.....well luckily I have a complete backup stored at home and will be switching sooooon, unfortunately I just paid deluxe $45. ughhhh so frustrated.

MikeGee, Oct 22, 2016 IP
  15. MikeGee

MikeGee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    and on top of all that it is too slow for a database driven site (wordpress) the slow loading speeds became plainly apparent immediately after transfer and still...ok, yes, I know it is shared hosting, BUT... Liquidweb loaded at least twice as fast, most of the time at a speed I could actually be satisfied with.
    The database server at deluxe also seems to go down periodically, I witnessed it happen three times yesterday, and twice today, and thats just what I happened to be in front of the computer for., I really cant remember a time when liquidweb went down......... You really don't know what you have until it's gone

MikeGee, Oct 27, 2016 IP
  16. wordplucker

wordplucker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am still having it good at Hostgator, biggest issue I had is a typo in the DNS on GoDaddy, so not like I can blame either of them.

wordplucker, Oct 27, 2016 IP
  17. Lamorld

Lamorld Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Make sure the host has the payment option your looking for. I don't even think twice about a host that doesn't accept paypal.

Lamorld, Nov 22, 2016 IP
  18. Galperin

Galperin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Paypal is considered to be the most reliable and secure way of payment that's why if the host doesn't provide it, how it can be reliable?!

Galperin, Nov 23, 2016 IP
  19. Gagsburg

Gagsburg Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Name cheap is good as a domain registrar and use the other host for buying hosting services from.

Gagsburg, Nov 25, 2016 IP
  20. Accuratist

Accuratist Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It seems to me that OP already found solution since September.

Accuratist, Nov 25, 2016 IP