1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I am really desperate to start an e-commerce site.

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by Kittiphat, Jun 25, 2016.

Hi, everyone. I need some helps from you guys

I have tried to create my own store with Shopify, unfortunately, I could not pursue my goal. I found out that providing payment method for the customers did kill me. I mean I have been looking for many payments gateway, but all of them were not available for me. Most of them asked for something like a past 6 months business record, an agreement between me and my drop-shipper. I mean I could not find those documents because I was going to start from nothing with some money, less than a hundred dollars. Additionally, I have tried amazon payment, and it ended up that they are available for only US merchants, I am from Thailand. I have now closed my Shopify store already because I have no payment method for the customers. I am still trying to drop-ship on E-bay, but they restrict me to sell only 5 items. They say that I will be able to unlock the limit after 90days of the first sell. I now really need help, please tell me how I can start or solve those problems. I really want to make money online and I think drop ship is the most profitable business.

My question:
    1.Does anyone know which payment gateway is easy to apply? As I mentioned that I have been denied from many payment gate providers. I need the one that requires as few as ID and password, if possible.
    (For me now, payment gateways are the most important things for e-commerce store, I have no idea how could I get the money from my customers without having payment gateway)

2.What are the others way I can make money online?(I even look forward trading money Forex, but I don't think I have enough money to start)

Thanks,

Kittiphat, Jun 25, 2016 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    That 90 day restriction seems reasonable. During that time you learn more about the business and build up trust. Don't be in too much of a hurry, that's how mistakes are made.

sarahk, Jun 25, 2016 IP
    Nigel Lew likes this.
  3. MeetHere

MeetHere Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    you can use paypal, its quite easy and safe...

affiliate marketing is another way of earning via your shop

MeetHere, Jun 25, 2016 IP
  4. Kittiphat

Kittiphat Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I have tried to apply PayPal express which available on Shopify, but it required SSN which I don't have.
    I have a normal PayPal account, not a business one. I have been using it to accept payments from E-bay.
    Does it require tax-identification?, Does it work with Shopify?, Which e-commerce site I can use it with?

Kittiphat, Jun 25, 2016 IP
  5. makeonlineshop

makeonlineshop Member

Best Answers:
    make all the fake documents that you nedd and your life will be essiet

makeonlineshop, Jun 27, 2016 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Good to know we can't trust you :)

sarahk, Jun 27, 2016 IP
  7. makeonlineshop

makeonlineshop Member

Best Answers:

A great ridiculous reply.
    When all these boring companies ask me details that are not their business I give them details that are not their business...

makeonlineshop, Jun 27, 2016 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Really?
    When you decide to do some business here and people see your post what do you think they're going to think?
    Why are you dealing with "boring companies"? I deal with useful companies
    What are the details that are none of their business? I haven't had that happen yet. I've only been asked for details that limit the risk the other company is taking by being in the business they're in.
    Lets take the bank we deal with for our primary business. Every year they want a copy of our annual tax return. They can already see all the cashflow info because they're our bank, but they want to make sure that their loans to us are sound and still secure. The tax return could show activity with other lenders that might make them concerned about the safety of their money.
    Or do you object to PayPal wanting all that ID? I imagine having to employ a team of people to resolve disputes is quite an overhead and they'd be looking to limit that. By being able to weed out the problem children and then have property id for the ones they let in I imagine they're more efficient and resolving those disputes. I find PayPal quite useful, I want them to be successful so that I can continue to do business with them so I'm happy to play my part in helping them be successful.
    Or is there some other boring company that irks you?

sarahk, Jun 27, 2016 IP
  9. wordsrank

wordsrank Peon

Best Answers:
    Step 1 – Choosing an Industry and Product
    For some, this is the hardest step of the process and can cause a lot of headaches. Choosing the right product to sell online can have a huge impact on whether or not your eCommerce website is successful. But with millions of different products available, how do you know which ones to sell?

Here are a few things to consider when choosing an industry and product.

Step 2 – Finding Manufactures with Great Products
    Now that you’ve identified which products you want to sell it’s time to find out who the manufactures are. There are a few different methods of finding manufacturers that can save a lot of time.

Step 3 – Setting up the Website
    So you’ve chosen your products and found a few manufacturers to work with, what next? Get the website up and running.

Now some people reading this might wonder why anyone would contact manufactures before even having a website. The reason being is that it’s more difficult to get manufactures on board when the website is empty with no products versus having a website launch in the future. That said, it can still be a good idea to create a simple “Coming Soon” page.

Choosing an eCommerce Platform
    The eCommerce platform manages all the products, categories, checkout process, and other aspects involved with a functional eCommerce website. There are dozens of eCommerce platforms available, most of which have relatively the same functionality and features. Choosing a platform can be a big hang up for a lot of entrepreneurs. I recommend taking the “Ready, Fire, Aim” mindset and just get something up and running now rather than spending hours and hours researching and testing various platforms.

Shopify (Starting at $14/mo) – Shopify has done everything they can to make setting up and running an eCommerce website as easy as possible. They handle all the hosting, security, and credit card processing to give store owners more time to focus on promoting their website. However this also means that webmasters are somewhat limited when it comes to changing how the website functions and looks. To combat this, Shopify has a wide range of website templates and apps. While there are free apps available, many have an associated monthly fee which can add up quickly.

wordsrank, Jun 28, 2016 IP
  10. enlightened ecommerce

enlightened ecommerce Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe the easiest way would be to give 'cash on delivery' to your customers on your OWN website if you don't have the documents which you can give to your payment gateway guys. You can build a wordpress website with woocommerce plugin, it is NOT that hard, you just need to read the manuals a bit and get started. Building your own website is not costly if you can read manuals and follow the experts. Your just need a domain and hosting service which you can get for 10-15 USD.

enlightened ecommerce, Jun 29, 2016 IP
  11. nick5nichols

nick5nichols Member

Best Answers:
    It seems there is a lot of urgency in your post about needing/trying to make money online. Maybe you can benefit from what I did when I first started my environmental consulting company.

At the beginning, I would only get a consulting job here and there, and for sure not make enough money to live on. When I had a contract the money was good, when I didn't there was no money, and it became like a roller coaster up and down with my finances. Then I adopted a new strategy and during my down times I took on temporary jobs to fill in the financial gaps, till eventually I didn't need the temporary jobs any longer.

Now move that to your situation, you're trying to build an online business which is great, but not enough money is coming in to live on. So maybe you could do what I did and do temporary work online to fill in your money need till your online business is producing enough income. That would take the pressure off you building your own online business.

Considering the things you've mentioned in your post it sounds like you've acquired a lot of computer skills. A legitimate freelance job site is called UpWork where you could use your computer skills to make money. There are many freelance sites out there that are good, but UpWork doesn't charge a monthly fee, instead, they take a small percentage of your earnings to support themselves. So if you go there, just build their commission into your pricing. Here's the link: https://www.upwork.com/i/howitworks/freelancer/ (copy/past)

Hope you find this helpful.

nick5nichols, Jul 2, 2016 IP
  12. Onyxxo

Onyxxo Peon

Best Answers:
    Wordpress Man, Wordpress

Onyxxo, Jul 11, 2016 IP
  13. Onyxxo

Onyxxo Peon

Best Answers:
    Just use wordpress Woocommerce - All payment method (100+) :)

Onyxxo, Jul 13, 2016 IP
  14. Sopu

Sopu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can use Paypal to solve your payment method, if you don't have paypal then you can use verified wire transfer method.
    The most effective and alternative way to earn money online is to sell other product, i mean affiliate marketing. But my personal choice always to brand our own product, if you don't have any just create one.

Sopu, Jul 24, 2016 IP
  15. ZackP

ZackP Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, we use PayPal and also accept Bitcoin. Can't say good enough things about both. We tried other CC processors in Canada (Beanstream and Elavon) and regretted it dearly :(

ZackP, Nov 22, 2016 IP
  16. Galperin

Galperin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Paypal is the best and most reliable payment method for me as least.

Galperin, Nov 23, 2016 IP