1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How optimize onsite where users create contents?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by TonyTx, Nov 20, 2016.

As the title suggests, i need some advice on how to optimize for onsite seo that has mostly video contents added by users.

Users upload their videos and write the title in a h1 tag, so the page has no text and i can only add something automatic in the meta title, and meta description in order to target the content to a certain category keywords, that does not have much competition.

Something like:
    Meta title [main video category key + sub video category key + h1 tag.
    And something similar in description but with global site keys and general video section keys.

At this regard, i created a "mini blog" on the home page, which is more a newsletter, where I can write myself alone with a custom long tail keywords in the title, description and body.

I'm really a newbie regarding SEO, so any suggestions are welcome for this project that is not a blog and has 1 month and half of lifetime with a new domain(1 year old) with no backlinks(except 5-6 posts in social and related niche forum).

Currently i have from 50 to 100 unique users at day, and only 15% organic.

TonyTx, Nov 20, 2016 IP
  2. PuneetJvw

PuneetJvw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    Hard to do seo for such sites where text content is less but videos are more.

But on the other hand you have the advantage of getting traffic from social media since your site has content which is mostly videos.

PuneetJvw, Nov 20, 2016 IP
  3. Slipworth

Slipworth Peon

Best Answers:
    When a user enters a query into a search engine (typically by using key words), the engine examines its index and provides a listing of best-matching web pages according to its criteria, usually with a short summary containing the document's title and sometimes parts of the text. Most search engines support the use of the boolean operators AND, OR and NOT to further specify the search query. Some search engines provide an advanced feature called proximity search which allows users to define the distance between keywords.

Slipworth, Nov 21, 2016 IP
  4. TonyTx

TonyTx Guest

Best Answers:
    Interesting, but I do not understand very well, can you better explain how this can help me?

Thanks for the answers, additional suggestions are welcome.

TonyTx, Nov 21, 2016 IP
  5. Dowsons

Dowsons Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I believe everything depends on users, you should somehow force them to add more description on their content, maybe some kind of ranking system.

Dowsons, Nov 23, 2016 IP
  6. TonyTx

TonyTx Guest

Best Answers:
    yeah, i already have added incentives to add more descriptions and better titles.
    But 99% of people are very lazy...

TonyTx, Nov 23, 2016 IP
  7. ScissBee

ScissBee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is so, that is why they won't get any 'cookies' :)

ScissBee, Nov 24, 2016 IP
  8. degreubiwa

degreubiwa Banned

Best Answers:
    You should focus on Semantic SEO and make sure the website is responsive to target mobile visitors even if its from Social Media.

degreubiwa, Nov 24, 2016 IP
  9. Accuratist

Accuratist Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just focus on your main page to improve traffic income of new users.

Accuratist, Nov 25, 2016 IP
  10. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    You need to write a well written description of at least 100 words, plus add performance review option to make your site content rich and more convenient for common user.

eric_wahlberg, Nov 28, 2016 IP