1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Some tips on how you bloggers are getting so many page views?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Allnamesaretaken, Nov 7, 2016.

I am fairly new to DP. From browsing the PPC forum here, many bloggers are claiming they are getting 50,000 unique visitors a month just starting out (1-3 months). Seasoned ones (1 year+) are claiming 100k to 1 million page views.

Some people are claiming that many views with a free account such as a Blogspot.

I have to ask how? How are people doing that and on a free site nonetheless?

I am getting a little discouraged and a little envious of their/your success.

I work full time and my blog is about debunking myths and writing college-style debate article. Citing sources and accuracy is really time-consuming. I write an article about once per week. I am doing everything the free route except my shared hosting. From that time, I gained about 3k followers utilizing all of the main social media accounts. With that, I am averaging about 200 views a day.

I currently utilize CPM and CPC for revenue.

Am I doing something wrong, are people exaggerating am I on the right track?

I can't see myself hiring someone to write or advertising using something like AdWords as I would take a loss since my site won't be good for affiliate marketing.

I could try to write more but keeping engagement high on social media is also time-consuming. I feel like I am making slave wages with the amount of time I put in.

Any advice from the pros? How long do you try a niche before throwing in the towel? How do you compete with the big boys who have a team of the best and brightest?

It seems like every time I look at a site similar to mine, I thought they were small, only to find they have numerous resources and manpower.

Thank you

Allnamesaretaken, Nov 7, 2016 IP
  2. unlimitedoptions4us

unlimitedoptions4us Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi allnamesaretaken: Your post was:
    Any advice from the pros? How long do you try a niche before throwing in the towel? How do you compete with the big boys who have a team of the best and brightest?

You should give your niche at least 9-12 months before throwing in the towel. These are moving numbers meaning this depends on how much qualitty and quantity time you are investing into your site.

I think some it not most of those numbers are inflated. If you do a google search for "internet marketing, email marketing, affiliate marketing" you won't find 1000's of names that pop up. The guys and gals that are really crushing it are probably less than 10,000 to maybe 100,000.

There are millions that are making 6 figures perhaps 100,000 per year.
    It's difficult to compete with the big boys, but all you really need to do it carve out a small piece of the pie for yourself. You will start to get traction when subscribers start to know, like, and trust you.

This is more of a marathon than a 100 yard sprint.

Consistently do your business routine. repeat what works, get rid of what doesn't work. Split test as much of your business as you can (Landing pages, thank you pages, product offering pages, sales pages, and the list goes on). Consistent action will pay off in the long run.

Good Luck,

Dan

unlimitedoptions4us, Nov 15, 2016 IP
  3. Allnamesaretaken

Allnamesaretaken Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the reply. I haven't even hit the 9 month mark but those numbers that people were claiming made me think twice.

I just have one site and seems like there is always something that needs to be done.

Allnamesaretaken, Nov 15, 2016 IP
  4. unlimitedoptions4us

Best Answers:
    Hi:

This business can turn into a full time gig easily. Many if not most start out part time and then as this business starts to make more money for them than their regular job they usually make the switch to full time.

There is always something to do in internet marketing. It's like every other business. You get out of it what you put into it. You should start to see more traffic on your site if you have been consistently driving traffic to it.

Consider starting a FaceBook fan page if you haven't already. The idea is to post on your site and then post that on facebook also.

Keep plugging along and eventually you will start to see more results.

Dan

unlimitedoptions4us, Nov 19, 2016 IP
  5. Allnamesaretaken

Allnamesaretaken Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I am curious how many sites you manage and if you are a solo operation? If so, how long did it take for you to realize "hey, I can do this full time". My biggest time constraint is trying to find advertisers that will accept small publishers that are not scams.

I try to utilize as much social media that I can: Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, Google plus, Twitter. However, when that is all done I am pooped and makes writing quality content difficult.

It is hard going solo but many people talk a big game but never do. I will try on. I should have chosen a simpler niche.

Allnamesaretaken, Nov 19, 2016 IP
  6. unlimitedoptions4us

Best Answers:
    Hi:

I only manage one site, but I'm trying to launch another one early next year.
    You should take a look at Pat Flynn and "Smart Passive Income" He has a massive blog where he is making at least $167,000 per month. He's one of the few who actually tell you how much he is making.
    He's been in the game about 4-5 years, but he is one of the more ethical bloggers and internet marketers.

Good Luck,

Dan

unlimitedoptions4us, Nov 19, 2016 IP
  7. ericastone

ericastone Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    hi there!

perhaps you could work better on SEO and do more research on keywords before posting.
    this drives insane amount of traffic to your site.

ericastone, Nov 20, 2016 IP