1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Having a blog article written for you

Discussion in 'General Business' started by MegaCenter, Nov 6, 2016.

I have 2 scenarios, both with the same question.

Scenario 1: Someone writes an blog article for you for free so that they can gain a link back to there site. Do you need to have them sign a consent form?

Scenario 2: You Purchase an article from someone, either on or off a article purchasing site. Do you need to have them sign a consent or release form of any sort?

MegaCenter, Nov 6, 2016 IP
  2. Milliardo

Milliardo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Scene 1 will really depend on what you discussed. IMO a consent form may not be necessary. For scene 2 I think a much clearer agreement is necessary though.

Milliardo, Nov 6, 2016 IP
  3. Bony1454

Bony1454 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What have you discussed in that forum?

Bony1454, Nov 7, 2016 IP
  4. Bhavna Malhi

Bhavna Malhi Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on the forum exactly what type of content you have written.

Bhavna Malhi, Nov 7, 2016 IP
  5. Nameshark

Nameshark Member

Best Answers:
    If the person is writing an article on your blog and you set them up as an author then no you will not need consent. They will go in and write the article on your site in their account. I would not allow the article to be published until I read and approved it. This avoids the problem of having poorly written or spammy articles placed on your site.

If you pay for the article they are yours. There are services available on many sites. I use fiverr often and get a lot of quality articles from there. I work directly with a couple of writers who do great work. You should do your research on whomever you decide to go with to insure that you get someone who truly can write quality articles.

Nameshark, Nov 7, 2016 IP
  6. MegaCenter

MegaCenter Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the responses. There is no forum and im not going to set them up to write on my site. In both cases the writer would hand over a text or word document. I agree that if you pay for something then there is no question of ownership. Im still a little bit fuzzy on if someone gives you an article. What if there doing you a favor and then 6 months down the road they decide they want to sell that article to a publisher?

MegaCenter, Nov 7, 2016 IP
  7. KylieSweet

KylieSweet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If someone write for your blog expect link back to their site so its better to create your own interesting content post to attract related sites to link to your blog site.

KylieSweet, Nov 7, 2016 IP
  8. skysd

skysd Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think its a matter of choice.
    A guest post necessarily needs a link to the owner's site/blog.
    If you want to sign a consent form, you possibly can but it all depends on the information contained therein.

skysd, Nov 8, 2016 IP
  9. Gagsburg

Gagsburg Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think the question is in money.
    If you pay a good sum, you'll get quality services.

Gagsburg, Nov 10, 2016 IP