1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Define what makes your business UNIQUE

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Fredmarketing, Nov 4, 2016.

... and tell it to the world ;)

Hi there,

Today I would like to tell a few words about the concept of Unique Selling Proposition.
    One of the hardest things small business owners need to do is determine what makes their business stand out from the competition and present it in a way that attracts their ideal client.
    When you differentiate your business, you make it memorable and credible. It helps your prospects to quickly understand what sets you apart from your competitors.

Keep in mind that if you are able to determine what makes YOUR business unique and then tell your clients why that's a benefit for them it will put you in an incredible position.

Trust me, it's really worth thinking about it ;)

Fredmarketing, Nov 4, 2016 IP
  2. Matteo Matt

Matteo Matt Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    In some ways my business is really just me writing and selling e-books on amazon and my websites for now, but what I do to set it apart is make my work the highest quality, and I focus on giving back and helping people when I used to be a spammer.

Matteo Matt, Nov 4, 2016 IP
  3. unlimitedoptions4us

unlimitedoptions4us Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi:

With the hundreds of millions of businesses all over the world today, it's difficult to stand out with your unique selling proposition (USP). Online businesses as well as brick and mortar businesses all should have a USP, but many fall short over the long haul.

Develop a USP that appeals to a target market and stick to it.
    Chances are there are 10 or more other businesses with the same USP. You may be saying, then in reality it's not a unique selling proposition.
    It will be unique to some customers and other customers will have seen it before perhaps in another state, another country, or another medium (music, video, social media platform, etc.).

The key to success with your USP is consistency.
    If you are consistent with your message day in and day out then eventually over time your USP will drown out the others and people will think of you or your product first. It's called top of mind awareness.
    Learn what your audience wants, build a USP that appeals to them, and over time you can earn their trust and respect to develop a lasting business relationship with them.

Dan

unlimitedoptions4us, Nov 4, 2016 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I agree wholeheartedly, but with caveats - you only need to be unique in your niche
    • we own a franchise so we're not unique, the other franchisees are just like us - but within our geographical franchise are we definitely have a USP
    • if you are a plumber, chances are you compete with other plumbers but your USP might be 24 hour call out, emergencies handled within 2 hours, someone always answering the phone, online tracking of your plumber as s/he drives to your house. There may be another plumber doing all that and more in the next town over, but if you are the only one in this town then that may be enough to win you the business

sarahk, Nov 4, 2016 IP
  5. Fredmarketing

Fredmarketing Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly !! If you are the only small business in a sea of “me too’s” that truly expresses the unique benefit that you bring to the table, it will make a huge difference with your competitors ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2016
    Fredmarketing, Nov 5, 2016 IP
  6. natelegakis

natelegakis Member

Best Answers:
    I have a lot of patience for people that are new to web design and I don't mind holding their hand while they learn.

natelegakis, Nov 5, 2016 IP
  7. unlimitedoptions4us

unlimitedoptions4us Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    SarahK: Well said. Good points to consider in local businesses... Thanks... Dan

unlimitedoptions4us, Nov 6, 2016 IP