1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need some advice on driving traffic from Facebook or any other social networks

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by A Writter, Jul 25, 2016.

Hi,
    I own an exact match domain + website of a pretty famous author (passed away many years ago) which ranks #1 Google for the EM keyword plus other related kws. It gets some decent amounts of traffic but it can surely be improved.
    The site is not currently "connected" with any social networks.
    I realize social networks could be a huge base of traffic since the author's claimed official Facebook page has 1 million+ people liking it.
    I read Facebook will not allow creating public figure pages unless they are official (I do not own any rights to author's work). As far as I read - an alternative would be to create a Facebook group.
    I need some advice from you guys on driving traffic from Facebook or any other social networks.

Thanks in advance!

A Writter, Jul 25, 2016 IP
  2. aadhar sharma

aadhar sharma Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    add sharing widget to your website and tell your website users to share your website on the social sites. that will help you drive traffic with less efforts.

Facebook
    twitter
    linkedin
    or any other website will help you drive traffic using a sharing widget only. the other way is advertising on facebook.
    since you cannot access to that official page you just can do this.

aadhar sharma, Jul 25, 2016 IP
  3. MrPrinson

MrPrinson Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'm no pro but,
    I do know that there are 2 mains ways : scouting and spreading.
    scouting - direct messages to users.
    spreading - shares, like, etc.

I think you should start by joining up to group that have a similar interests. then spreading, then scouting

best of luck :cool:

MrPrinson, Jul 25, 2016 IP
  4. Sopu

Sopu Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think you should concentrate on your fanpage and your followers. To increase your followers you can start a facebook page promotion campaign including your services and websites. More followers you get more traffic you can achieve on Facebook. Same method can apply for Twitter and G+. For youtube you have to create awesome videos and share it through the other social media.

Sopu, Jul 26, 2016 IP
  5. A Writter

A Writter Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks! Problem is that Facebook will not allow me to create a public figure fan page.

A Writter, Jul 26, 2016 IP
  6. billll

billll Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, yes, you can create a Facebook group, but it would take some time, and you've to find those people too who are not only the avid readers, but also love that author.

As far as I know, I'll say, don't just focus on the Facebook. Though, it can be beneficial, but it would be rather hard to get the super targeted traffic.

The best thing you can do is to create simple JPEGS of that author's saying, or you can pick some eye-catching lines from his work. Next, upload those images on the Pinterest. This step is rather easy, and you can create multiple images daily, sooner than your expectation. Besides, you can utilize those images in various other ways. For example, turn those images into a slideshow and share them on slideshare. Other than that, you can create a simple video through those images and upload them on YouTube.

The possibilities are endless...

billll, Aug 8, 2016 IP
  7. PaulHThomas

PaulHThomas Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For driving traffic on Facebook you need to share quality content in any form whether text, images, video or audio. Make sure that the info that you want to share is properly understood by the people. Share your content on different social media sites for better results that will provide you huge following. Make your profile public so that everyone can go through your post and profile.

PaulHThomas, Nov 4, 2016 IP
  8. huyanh

huyanh Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Do you interest Facebook and Google ads account?
    Pm me or add my skype:

huyanh, Nov 5, 2016 IP
  9. propheticeyes

propheticeyes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    insert direct links to your page and tag a good number of people,and them you might want to contact facebook for options....in my opinion....nothing is absolutely "free"

propheticeyes, Nov 5, 2016 IP
  10. natelegakis

natelegakis Member

Best Answers:
    Post something really embarrassing and private about yourself and pray that it goes viral. That seems to work for a lot of famous people.

natelegakis, Nov 5, 2016 IP